XBLA - Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - Episodes 2, 3, 4 out 11/4 - 800 Pts Each

Telltale is it, so I will happily follow them wherever they go.

W&G seems like the perfect match for them too, so I can't wait for this to show up.

I'd guess it'd work better with the Wiimote, but this will probably control like Monkey Island 4 and Grim Fandango, which works well enough.

Right, but the problem I'm saying is that you can either buy each episode for ten bucks, or you can wait a few months and get them all cheaper AND on physical media.

I ordered S&M S1 a while ago from their store, only to see it show up in B&M locations a few weeks later with a few additional pieces of content. I was a bit annoyed. Granted these guys are one of the only adventure dev studios left, and I really do like them quite a bit.

But it's just one of those CAG instincts flaring up - do I support their XBLA exploits at a higher cost, or do I just get the PC version for cheaper?

ended up breaking down and buying this on Live rather than wait for the season to finish and buy it on disc. Controls work a lot better that I expected. The leaderbords are a bit odd, your score works on how many unique lines of dialog that you hear.

Now if only I didn't suck at adventure games. I always get stuck on the simple puzzles

Just beat this and it was a lot of fun. The first two acts are basic point-and-click adventure stuff with a little bit of new stuff thrown into the third act before the fourth act does something more interesting than the others, so it ends on a good note. None of the puzzles were all that hard except for maybe one or two points that I forgot to check a certain area to get the final thing I needed and once where I messed up the order without a way to retry it, so I had to start that chapter over again.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode, which I'm hoping isn't too far off. I could use a more reliable episodic series to play while I wait for the next Penny Arcade Adventures episode to come out.

The last three episodes will be out next week for 800 points each to coincide with the series' 20th Anniversary.

Cracking good news, lad! All Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures episodes will be available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade Wednesday, November 4th. The release coincides day and date with the 20th anniversary of the release of A Grand Day Out, Wallace & Gromit’s first animated short.

The episodes - Fright of the Bumblebees, The Last Resort, Muzzled! and The Bogey Man - take the unorthodox inventor and his canine companion through exciting interactive storylines - from a honey business plagued by giant bees, to a whodunit set at a beach resort in Wallace’s cellar, to a tale of triumph over an oily villain's greedy deceit, and concluding with a hardly sub-par finale at the prestigious Prickly Thicket country club.

Telltale will begin taking orders November 4th at www.telltalegames.com for the Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures full season DVD. In addition to all four fun-filled episodes, the DVD will include exclusive image galleries, a “making of” video, and Aardman Animations’ hilarious Cracking Contraption shorts, which profile some of Wallace’s more eccentric inventions.

In honor of the claymation duo’s impressive milestone, Telltale is partnering with the Wallace & Gromit Children’s Foundation in the UK and Penny Arcade’s Child’s Play charity in North America to make a donation in selected regions for every purchase of the full PC season of Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures November 4-8.

Xbox 360-exclusive series features include achievements, HD graphic support, and a custom control scheme adapted specifically for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Foreign language subtitles will also be available for these episodes in German, French, Italian, and Spanish. Each episode sells for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace.

Stay tuned for even more exciting Wallace & Gromit anniversary announcements from Telltale on November 3rd.

Was very excited to see this news. I'm on a Mac, so I've been forced to wait, but I don't mind as much because I was really happy with the way the first episode was implemented. The achievements added a lot of value (and only a little aggravation) and it was great to be able to play in HD on my TV.

My hope is that now that they've gotten Sam & Max Season 2 and the rest of the W&G eps out in quick succession, they'll bring Tales of Monkey Island over next. I know the implementation on WiiWare has been a pretty big disappointment, so I've held off buying it there. Anyway, with all of the above to play through, I'm good for a while, adventure-wise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Joystiq has an interview with Telltale's founder/CEO and he doesn't balk at the possibility of bringing Sam & Max and Strong Bad to the 360 on discs as a collection like what the Wii got last year.[/QUOTE]

You had me excited, checking Amazon to see if Strong Bad had been released as a full collection for the Wii. :cry:

Wallace and Gromit is a better deal on PC, where you can buy the whole season. I think the whole season was on sale on telltalgames.com for $20, not sure if it's still going.

You will pay $40 to get all four episodes on XBLA

bread's done
Back