Cheapest Hard Drive data recovery?

Admiral Moo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Appreciate any help with this one all.

So my external hard drive which I had backed up all of my old lesson plans, music, movies, and pictures to decided to make a clicking noise yesterday instead of coming on when I flipped the switch to turn it on.

I've been looking around via Google at different sites trying to see what the best price is. So far this is the cheapest I have found:

http://www.aerodr.com/default.asp - $279 flat rate

Anybody heard of them? Any possibility of finding a cheaper service? I know this is expensive as well, but I need to get at least my lesson plans off of my "back up" device.

Now I have to buy a backup for the backup!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Uhh, if it was a backup aren't they still on your main drive? Because if not it's not a "backup," it's just storage.

But yeah, this stuff ain't cheap.

Cheapest, would be the one you do it yourself, Look for programs on internet.
iy.gif

iy.gif

if its a backup then just use the originals if this is where you stored them then you have a different problem. does the drive turn on or does it just click? what you need all depends on what kind of problem you are having

When I turn the power switch on, I hear the drive making a clicking sound. The indicator light on the front flashes on and off. Windows does not recognize the drive anymore.

[quote name='steve3050']Cheapest, would be the one you do it yourself, Look for programs on internet.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/QUOTE]

If the mechanics of the drive are the problem, which seems to be the case here, then data recovery software will do no good.

bread's done
Back