BB: $20 off Motorstorm2 and "Warhammer online" RZ members B&M deal

Motorstorm 2 is a great game, I picked it up on eBay for $40 brand new awhile ago. If you like racing games and have a PS3 you can't go wrong with it.

Isn't Motorstorm 2 (which IS on my want list) still $30 new at Gamerush, too? If so, getting BB to match, then dropping $20 off... would be hotness.

[quote name='gorgo']Isn't Motorstorm 2 (which IS on my want list) still $30 new at Gamerush, too? If so, getting BB to match, then dropping $20 off... would be hotness.[/quote]

That will not work. You either get the price match or the coupon discount.

if i was in the mood for a new MMO i'd be all over Warhammer. unfortunately there was a news article that said the subscription level went down to 300,000 from over 750,000.

I know they are adding more things all the time, but it doesn't look good. I'm not going to spend money on something, no matter if it's on sale or not, just to have it become a ghost town in 6 months time.

note: i have not actually played the game. i've heard good things about it like the public quests thing. maybe somebody here still plays and has a good time. i'm just expressing my skeptiscism.

Does anyone have the correct link yet? I was hoping to use this with my $20 Rewards coupon that expires on Saturday to get Motorstorm 2 for only $20.

The people on this site are always amazing! Thanks for posting that coupon link, you've just made my weekend! (sad isn't it?)

[quote name='anch']use my coupon link[/QUOTE]

The people on this site are always amazing! Thanks for posting that coupon link, you've just made my weekend! (sad isn't it?)

And thanks OP for posting it in the first place!

In for MS2. Coupon good for the entire month, so I wonder if the price will drop at all so I can get it on the cheap like Quantum of Solace, Facebreaker, Blitz II and Midnight Club. Gonna hold off and wait it out... c'mon Best Buy, do me right again!

Where does this coupon appear, is it available on the site somewhere, get in email ?

I just signed up online, wouldn't mind getting Warhammer Online for $30, if not a little less if it dips in price this month.

edit - more on Warhammer Online, I don't have a big problem with their sub #s:
WoW started slow, now its a 5+ year snowballing juggernaut

Also even on their rollercoaster, I believe they are close if not topped EQ subs
- I dealt with EQ teamserver to get a PvP fix, this is MUCH better

Adding the 4 missing classes in and some pretty big addons got me to do the trial
I have WoW + BC + WotLK and frankly I'm getting a bit stale there

The friend who got me a trial is on a server where I even had a wait queue lol
As long as your server has some peeps, I don't think you'll be lacking for opponents

300k+ subs is still 4+ million a month... again not WoWcrazy #s, but certainly not chicken scratch

If you look at the Gamer's Zone page, they're advertising deals on shooters like Far Cry 2 and Left 4 Dead as well... says it needs a coupon and in-store purchase, yet there's no links. Anyone know where to find this link? I'd really love to pick up L4D or FC2 on the cheap!

There's a lot of WAR hate and doom'n'gloom right now, but as long as you get on a good server it's a lot of fun. I'm on Badlands and it's pretty good. It's not the teeming masses of WoW (I assume, I've never played WoW) but there's always enough people around to keep you occupied.

I have my beefs with it (it can get grindy and the Public Quests are fairly useless later on), but I've never considered quitting (even when my Guild left me high and dry when they went back to WoW in the dead of night).

[quote name='stryker']@CKaz & zciaeount

Sign into "Gamer's Zone" and then click "Special Offers" near the top left.[/quote]

Stryker I end up in Reward Zone and don't see this.
On the Best Buy site I dont see this either.

Sorry if I'm having a 'duh' moment but I don't see how/where?

[quote name='CKaz']Stryker I end up in Reward Zone and don't see this.
On the Best Buy site I dont see this either.

Sorry if I'm having a 'duh' moment but I don't see how/where?[/QUOTE]

Are you a "Gamer's Club" member? If you aren't, you need to join that first here. You need to be a "Rewards Zone" member AND a "Reward Zone Gamer's Club" member. Once you sign into "Reward Zone" page, then under "Community and Clubs" click "Reward Zone Gamer's Club". At the "Gamer's Club" page, near the upper left, click "Special Offers". Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stryker']Are you a "Gamer's Club" member? If you aren't, you need to join that first here. You need to be a "Rewards Zone" member AND a "Reward Zone Gamer's Club" member. Once you sign into "Reward Zone" page, then under "Community and Clubs" click "Reward Zone Gamer's Club". At the "Gamer's Club" page, near the upper left, click "Special Offers". Hope this helps.[/quote]

That was totally the missing link [yet another sign-up/login lol] - TYVM!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']if i was in the mood for a new MMO i'd be all over Warhammer. unfortunately there was a news article that said the subscription level went down to 300,000 from over 750,000.

I know they are adding more things all the time, but it doesn't look good. I'm not going to spend money on something, no matter if it's on sale or not, just to have it become a ghost town in 6 months time.

note: i have not actually played the game. i've heard good things about it like the public quests thing. maybe somebody here still plays and has a good time. i'm just expressing my skeptiscism.[/quote]
I played in the beta and didn't buy the game on release. The game is good, but it gets VERY repetitive. The public quests are basically the only cool, new idea in the game, and I guess the Tome of Knowledge.

My main gripe with the game were the BS'ing developers. They basically said that the beta testers said the current classes sucked and to remove them. While they did suck, no one ever said remove them. I and many others of course said that is bull $h!z ... you just want to ship out the game unfinished to meat a dead line (which is all these companies care about anymore, money). That is also ignoring the fact that they only finished 33% of the city development ... which is horrible. Is this any better now? Have they actually added the other pairings to the mix?

I am thinking about picking it up a little later and trying it. Everyone that I knew was playing it has quit within the first month ... pretty sad. The best part is they are now releasing the same classes which they removed in beta for release ... that proves that they were flat out lying and just were not ready to release. I hate it when they lie :p

But yea, you can get this game new on Amazon and places for like 12 dollars, I think. That is probably what it is worth. I want to give the "trial month" a shot and see how it is, but I am not expecting much.

Picked this up the day I posted it, and this game is worth the money. Much better than the first one which I loved, I am about half way through. This is a must have for PS3 and will be a Greatest Hits.

@stryker - you da man :)

@mattvid - I dont have any baggage with warhammer, I was busy with WoW and didnt need to look, plus my PC is... lacking.
But with my plans to change that and looking at a trial, it's pretty cool - and right +2 classes added with +2 to come soon.

I haven't seen new [near] $12 anywhere, actually $30 looks to be the best.
Amazon is $36.99, not sure if you're talking EBay or other store 'fronts'? /shrug

Warhammer Online is on sale this week for $29.99. Using this coupon, anyone interested should be able to pick it up for $9.99, after the $20 off.

Keep in mind that this coupon expires today, 3/01/09, so it's basically a one day deal.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Not sure if Motorstorm PR is worth $39.99 though. Guess it doesn't matter. My BB doesn't have it in stock anyway.[/quote]

i can tell you that it is worth every penny of 39.99. IMO, MS: PR is the funnest racer to come out in a long time. it is my favorite ps3 title to date.

[quote name='lolwaut']i can tell you that it is worth every penny of 39.99. IMO, MS: PR is the funnest racer to come out in a long time. it is my favorite ps3 title to date.[/quote]
Well.... But I absolutely hated the original.

[quote name='lolwaut'] it is my favorite ps3 title to date.[/quote]

That's a sad thing to say for the PS3 console

I don't really get into the "developers are screwing us, Mythic said they would promise X and they gave us Y, I'm going back to WoW" Warhammer angst. I just play the game and enjoy it. I like the PvP stuff more than anything else, but I'm not a huge story guy. If I wanted that I'd play a Final Fantasy game, or LOTRO for that matter (which I do play). If anybody on this thread signs up, pick Badlands as your server. That's what I play on. It's probably the best one in the game at this point (Dark Crag is a bit more populated, but it's a PvP server, as opposed to Core for Badlands). I can hop on any night of the week and either find a small group to run Public Quests, or get in a larger Warband (usually 15+ people). With so much of WAR being group-related, having people around is essential. The people that are quitting are usually on empty servers, and I don't blame them one bit. Playing any MMO on a ghost town server is lame, but playing WAR on a ghost town server is even worse because most quests aren't even soloable.

bread's done
Back