Need a low-profile Wii stand

mydecember1985

CAG Veteran
Has anyone seen a slightly shorter Wii console stand out there?? I just picked a wii up today for 199 at circuit city:bouncy:, but to no avail, it's not even 1/4" too tall to fit in my tv stand. You can see in the pics below its about the distance from the bottom of a penny to the steps of the lincoln memorial. If I slide the cosole back a little bit, it fits under, but the exhaust port underneath does not line up. It still has room to breathe, just doesnt fit right... try to keep it under 20-25 bucks tops if possible...

DSC04584.jpg

DSC04586.jpg

DSC04585.jpg

You could, you know, just remove the Wii stand. That fits your budget, and it would fit in the TV stand with room to spare.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']Stack it horizontally between your 360 and PS2[/QUOTE]

The Wii tends to run quite hot. Wouldn't be a good idea.

[quote name='advanced']The Wii tends to run quite hot. Wouldn't be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't have anything to do with getting hot.

Doesn't the Wii come with a smaller clear plastic stand? I thought it did....might have only be for use with the gray stand but I'm not sure.

The problem is that any third party stands are most likely modeled after Nintendo's, meaning they are probably all going to have the same basic shape/height. Removing the gray one is a good option, or laying it horizontally.

I looked around a bit online but didn't see much. If you got a portable hard drive, maybe it has a vertical stand you could steal and use. Not the best solution but I'm just throwing it out there.

looks a bit retarded just standing there by itself... I feel like it's gonna fall over, and the problem with it standing up is that the exhaust port is now flat against the stand... no air flow... might just put it on top of the ps2, laying flat. Im still gonna drop by the stores in the area just to see what the rip-off stands look like. thanks for the input so far. Lemme know if u think of anything else.

What about a pair of cheap bookends or something like that? To keep it from tipping over?

[quote name='Strell']That doesn't have anything to do with getting hot.[/QUOTE]

Even if that 360 had a Jasper chip, I know I wouldn't want something that gets pretty warm on top of my 360.

no decent bookends at local stores. im just gonna stand it up for now, and prolly prop the back end up with 2 pennies just so it can breathe a lil better. the little feet it stand on just does allow much breathing room. thanks for everyone's help, though!!

i laid mine flat with the disc on top (so i'd remember which way to put the discs) and it's on top of my hd-dvd drive. this way it gets plenty of air and is between my other consoles. :)

[quote name='advanced']Even if that 360 had a Jasper chip, I know I wouldn't want something that gets pretty warm on top of my 360.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. I see what you mean now. My misunderstanding, and yes - that WOULD be something to worry about.

I remember ...oh, maybe a year and a half ago, and there were comments from a lot of people talking about how the Wii used to get really warm/hot if WiiConnect24 was left running, and if you had a Gamecube memory card in the system, it was in trouble of getting erased due to that overheating. A system update fixed that - now the fan runs if it detects the system getting too hot in standby mode.

MyDecember: I'll try to look around a bit more in the meantime.

[quote name='Strell']Ahhh. I see what you mean now. My misunderstanding, and yes - that WOULD be something to worry about.

I remember ...oh, maybe a year and a half ago, and there were comments from a lot of people talking about how the Wii used to get really warm/hot if WiiConnect24 was left running, and if you had a Gamecube memory card in the system, it was in trouble of getting erased due to that overheating. A system update fixed that - now the fan runs if it detects the system getting too hot in standby mode.

MyDecember: I'll try to look around a bit more in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

I did not know that. Maybe I can plug the thing in now without fear of it getting too warm. I just remember that when I first got it, I left SSBB's case leaning next to the console and when I went to grab it to go to a friends house it being really hot.

MyDecember, you could try to cut or sand the current one down until it fits properly.

[quote name='Strell']Ahhh. I see what you mean now. My misunderstanding, and yes - that WOULD be something to worry about.

MyDecember: I'll try to look around a bit more in the meantime.[/quote]

thanks again.

[quote name='advanced']

MyDecember, you could try to cut or sand the current one down until it fits properly.[/quote]

lol, only tools I have around here if a disc grinder, a hack saw, a file, and a dremel, but I cant tighten the dremel tight enough. It lets the shaft spin too easily when I'm trying to cut stuff... Im afraid I'd hack the crap out of it. I was thinking maybe try to cut the area underneath the front of the wii, where the feet stand in the holes, and go back about half way to the back, which would allow it to sink into the stand a lil more, but I dont have a tool thats precise enough...

MyDecember: I'll try to look around a bit more in the meantime.[/quote]

Strell, does this mean I can put my GC memory card in the Wii now? I don't even have WiiConnect24 on but I was afraid to fry my memory card...

bread's done
Back