My Dark Knight Ending (Spoilers Duh)

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I don't want to spoil it for people so I won't make a blog post.

This what I posted in December:

This is full of spoilers so skip this post if you dont want to know.

here is the issue with the two face ending, throughout the movie Harvey is the enemy of the Mob and vows to take them down any way possible. You also have the Joker plot, part of his plot line is how Gotham "deserves a better class of criminal". The Joker also charges the mob 50% of all their money.

The idea of half the money is important, foreshadowing. What does he do when get his half, he burns it. Half burnt, sounds familiar, more foreshadowing.

Harvey knows where all the money is also, because Eric Roberts tells the police so they can get the Joker. The police never make it because of the whole hospital thing.

Harvey wanting revenge on Gordon doesn't fit, the Joker also doesnt really plant that seed when he is in the hospital. Harvey needs to go after the mob. It should end with Harvey taking down the Mob the only way he really can. By becoming the mob (like he does in the comics). It should end with Harvey half burnt standing behind the half burnt giant pile of money. Its the twisted ending, where everyone wins.

It also sets up Gotham as the city it is in the comics, where costumed criminals are everywhere. This is set up in the beginning of the movie with Scarecrow, another subplot thats lost.

Even the ferry scene doesn't fit the ending. If anything it proved that the people are good at heart and don't need a white knight.

Harvey does take down the mob, and the Joker gets his new wave of criminal. Its a better ending. I can go into more detail but this post is long enough.

True but they also did not expect ledger to die. They were going to have him play joker again in a third one if a third one was made then go into some direction with two face and maybe bring the joker back later on. So all of that might have been planed for a later movie however now with ledgers death who knows what will happen.

I didn't like the ending until I saw the movie for the 3rd time and really listened to the dialog. The truth is the whole movie is based around The Joke and his plans. Harvey, Batman, Gordan, the mod, about every character with a side story really didn't have a side story. The movie was Joker's plan. So the movie was going to end with him winning or losing. Harvey's death and cover up was a way for the Joke to lose. If Harvey had lived and his new villain persona became public, his job as Gatham's DA would come undone and the work he did to put "half of the mod"/criminals in prison be just tarnished. Another hero would be burned. But the cover up saved that from happening and the Joker lost.

Your ended Wombat, sounds more like the Joel Schumacher movies. If it had ended like that, you could probably have Batman and Robin as it's direct sequel.

I thought the ending was forced, but still a good movie. Gosh, Ledger was terrific. But my guess is the seed that was planted was Rachel's murder. Harvey wanted revenge on Gordon because he didn't save Rachel or that somehow Rachel's death was his responsibility. Why doesn't he blame Joker? Well, apparantly Joker convinced Harvey that the schemers were responsible.

The next movie is set up to be the name of one of the parts of Miller's Dark Knight Returns...Hunt The Dark Knight.

I don't think they would have let the Joker be killed in the movie -- not because of a possibility of a return appearance, but simply because it would have been too much like the 1989 movie.

Nah, I like the movie version better. Only thing I would have preferred is for Two Face to not die at the end, that was stupid.

In all honestly, I prefer the movie ending, but great ideas Wombat. The only thing about the end I didn't like was the fact that Two Face dies, I think that they just threw out a highly developed and deep character, they should have had Gordon lock him up, pretend he was dead and keep the cover up the same, that way the ending is the same, except that Two Face is still out there for the third movie.

[quote name='MattJ1991']In all honestly, I prefer the movie ending, but great ideas Wombat. The only thing about the end I didn't like was the fact that Two Face dies, I think that they just threw out a highly developed and deep character, they should have had Gordon lock him up, pretend he was dead and keep the cover up the same, that way the ending is the same, except that Two Face is still out there for the third movie.[/quote]

That would be illegal. Gordon is not a criminal. :roll:

Dark Knight was a shitty movie, but everybody was too busy with the "OMG Heath Ledger was the best Joker ever" circle jerk to notice.

Spider-man 3 handled Venom better than this movie handled Two-face, and the end to its love triangle didn't send me home depressed, just hateful towards the Twist.

Good idea for an ending Wombat. The biggest problem I had with the earlier Batman movies is that Batman allowed the Joker, Penguin and other criminals to die. This is not like him at all and the fact that they killed two-face kinda sucks. Comic book Batman would have thrown a grappling hook to save Harvey at the end of the movie.

Also, after seeing the movie twice I agree both times that the most annoying thing is the fight scenes. You can tell that they are coregraphed and Batman looks too aukward. Also, Batman running at the end was retarded looking as well, Nolan should try to do something about the fighting corography if he does another.

harvey wanting revenge on gordon was i think the best part in the movie. at first i was like thats wierd but after seeing it a second time i actually agreed with him and i actually thought he should of killed the kid :O . if you remember gordon was the one that sent him that limo to provide security for him but his police were corrupt and were the ones that put them in those warehouses in the first place. harvey and the girlfriend would of died if it werent for batman so after being saved he justt is enfuriated at how he just cant beat the criminals and wants gordon to pay for not doing his part by there being corruption within his police force. the only thing i dont think was right is how he cared so much about the girlfriend, there wasnt much letting us know that he/she really cared about each other all that much. the ending wasnt about doing the right thing but about getting even or doing what would be fair. thats why he wanted to kill the child cause gordon was responsible for his gf dying.

[quote name='TimPV3']Dark Knight was a shitty movie, but everybody was too busy with the "OMG Heath Ledger was the best Joker ever" circle jerk to notice.

Spider-man 3 handled Venom better than this movie handled Two-face, and the end to its love triangle didn't send me home depressed, just hateful towards the Twist.[/quote]

Let me be the first one in this thread to disagree with that.

OT: Great alternate ending Wombat. I can see why you would want it to end like that and it sure as hell would make the audience walk out with a bit more of a "WOAH!" feeling seeing two face become this crime lord of gotham and stuff like that. No doubt this ending would work but this would never be an ending Nolan would make because even though it is a great idea and it would work! It would still make a percentage of viewers wanting a sequel all too much right after they leave the cinema. As you probably know Nolan's way of doing this movie was to make it have an open ending though still make it feel as if the movie has ended.

As I said the first time around, your ending shits on the original ending, so I don't know why you said "TDK was as close to a perfect movie as it gets." on the podcast. :/ Could only stand watching TDK one time...

[quote name='NutForest']Let me be the first one in this thread to disagree with that.

[/quote]

I think that the majority of us do disagree with him, but we just ignored him :D

I kind of prefer your ending because the film one made Two-Face kind of pathetic and irrational, but the film was brilliant anyway. The backlash against it really has reached GTA IV proportions, it's ridiculous.

bread's done
Back