GameStop Trade In Deductions

Jesu

CAGiversary!
I have some games that are scratched and don't have cases. How much will GS take off my trade in value?

It has nothing to do with the Severity... stop spouting bullshit...

It is just based on the games trade-in value ... so say Halo 3 is scratched to hell... it trades in for lets just say 15$, Refurb would probably be 4$ give or take.. im just ball parking it.

Judging from what I've gotten in the past there used, honestly I didn't think scratches were a problem. :(

Probably take a bit off for manual or case missing, but usually I have to get them to check 3 or 4 used discs before I get one that isn't worthless.

Cases sadly there is no charge for... Scratched disks the is a charge from the store.. where alot of the bad shit comes from is sloppy stores... or from Refurbs from the WH, Or a stock balancing where a nother store sends you all their crappy games..

Look up their number and give them a call... seriously. I'm not saying this to be an ass but that's the best way to get the answer you want.

[quote name='Rollett']It has nothing to do with the Severity... stop spouting bullshit...

It is just based on the games trade-in value ... so say Halo 3 is scratched to hell... it trades in for lets just say 15$, Refurb would probably be 4$ give or take.. im just ball parking it.[/quote]

^:lol:

GS will either give you a refurb fee or not (severity be damned). In my experience, they will only deny a game if it cracked/broken and they also don't give a fee for disc-only games. Some CAGs have reported being charged a "refurb" fee for missing case and manuals. :roll: So I guess that is super extreme YMMV.

OP, don't settle on the first GS that you go to. If you don't like what you're getting, you can always try another GS. Sometimes you'll get GS employees who are really lax on the refurb fees. I have a GS manager in my area who doesn't even check the disc condition. He just makes sure it's the correct title but I rarely trade in disc-only game so that may have something to do with that.

I'm going to go trade in some games towards SF4 tomorrow cause they are gonna stop trading Xbox games on Monday.

[quote name='Rollett']It has nothing to do with the Severity... stop spouting bullshit...[/QUOTE]

What a d-bag. I'm just sharing what I was told.

Either way, you can only really find out by calling.

[quote name='advanced']What a d-bag. I'm just sharing what I was told.

Either way, you can only really find out by calling.[/quote]

That's what happens when you dont know what your talking about :p Simple thing to do is just not say anything. Then no one chews your ass :)

Should also be noted that they won't take in a game (depending on how honest the employee is) if the refurb fee costs more than the trade-in credit.

[quote name='Jesu']I'm going to go trade in some games towards SF4 tomorrow cause they are gonna stop trading Xbox games on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they're going to stop gamecube anytime soon?

[quote name='Rollett']That's what happens when you dont know what your talking about :p Simple thing to do is just not say anything. Then no one chews your ass :)[/QUOTE]

:whee:

Wow, you sure showed him who's boss!

[quote name='advanced']What a d-bag. I'm just sharing what I was told.

Either way, you can only really find out by calling.[/quote]

Then perhaps you don't want to spread information that you have no idea is correct or not?

Major YMMV, I have two gamestops within 5 miles of me. One won't charge a refurb fee for missing manual/case or scratches (unless it truly looks like utter ass) and the other charges a refurb fee for whatever little reason they can find. So all I can say is ... good luck?

There is no secret formula to gamestop's refurb fee. One employee will just take them and not care while the next one might slap a refurb fee because the game doesn't have a manual.

[quote name='Brian9824']Then perhaps you don't want to spread information that you have no idea is correct or not?[/QUOTE]

Me: "Why are the refurb fees different for these two games."

Gamestop: "Severity, see this one is more scratched than this one."

I got fed bunk info, drop the fucking subject already.

if you havent already done it the caseless games will be charged .50 for no case and if the scratched games are charged a refurb fee then the computer is the one that comes up with the number. any intelligent gs employee will tell you its based on the value. however i have had people try to charge me a refurb fee of 4 on a 10 tiv game and 2 on a 15 tiv game. it seems to really be based on the computers whim. but as a general rule go with the value info, it will make the most sense until someone who works at gs comes and tells us otherwise.

[quote name='Animal7390']if you havent already done it the caseless games will be charged .50 for no case and if the scratched games are charged a refurb fee then the computer is the one that comes up with the number. any intelligent gs employee will tell you its based on the value. however i have had people try to charge me a refurb fee of 4 on a 10 tiv game and 2 on a 15 tiv game. it seems to really be based on the computers whim. but as a general rule go with the value info, it will make the most sense until someone who works at gs comes and tells us otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarification. I only know what I was told, so this will help me out next time I go to trade (or talk/comment about trading). :)

[quote name='pfp']Do you know if they're going to stop gamecube anytime soon?[/quote]

This won't happen anytime soon due to the popularity of the Wii and full backwards compatibility.

In terms of refurb fees. I never, ever accept them. Sometimes it's just a matter of pushing back -- I've had them waive the fees by me just saying that I won't pay them and that I refuse the trade.

Once I traded in a few games and didn't know their value ahead of time. I saw on my receipt after we were done that there was around $5 in fees. I turned right around and demanded that they either refund that fee to me in full, or reverse the trade. They didn't bother to tell me about the charges and that pissed me off. They ended up adding the credit to my account.

Never accept their fees. If they try to charge you just refuse and take the game to another gamestop, or back to the same gamestop on a different day.

bread's done
Back