Woman believes her son has been taken by a cult

rabbitt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'll link to the whole article, however, it's not really worth reading. I'll point out my favorite parts here. It is worth checking out her blog, though.

Annemarie Smith, 48, a Roman Catholic from Stow, believes her 18-year-old son, Thomas, has been taken by a cult.

She has launched a religious war that has engaged the Stow police, mayor, high school and a municipal judge. She started an Internet blog and is trying to rally others to the cause.

His mother, a stay-at-home mom, said she had no problem with her children occasionally attending church with friends — and she believes her son's attraction to Xenos is more about friends than God.

Annemarie Smith calls the baptism ''the breaking point.'' She went to Stow police asking for an investigation of cult activity.

She also launched a blog, Parents Against Xenos, and explained her feelings about the baptism: ''I was mortified. I had failed in my religion and also my son. Catholics must promise to raise their children also in the Catholic faith, I have always held that dear to my heart and this news just caught me off guard.''

She also is revealing about her own family, posting on the Web the fact that ''my husband works in the adult industry.''

Annemarie Smith said she believed Thomas was going to make it an issue, so she would be forthcoming. Leonard Smith, she said, is a financial officer for a Cleveland distributor of adult material and she hosted related in-home passion parties.

Her focus is on what she believes is a cult and brainwashing.

Link: http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/39276907.html
blog: http://parentsagainstxenos.wordpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:
so she's mad that her son chose to blindly follow a form of christianity that is different from the one she blindly follows????

[quote name='Cao Cao']So I guess that makes this a...
Xenosaga.[/quote]

At least this crazy lady makes more sense then the second game.

[quote name='JolietJake']And the difference between a cult and a religion is?[/QUOTE]

Nothing except public acceptance and mainstream social norms.

A religion is just a cult that got popular enough.

[quote name='depascal22']So what's the point? Who cares about the kid and his mom? They're both following their hearts.[/quote]

I think it's pretty sad. Then again, I think alot of things about religion in America are pretty sad.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Nothing except public acceptance and mainstream social norms.

A religion is just a cult that got popular enough.[/quote]
That's what i've always believed, just wish more people realized that.

bread's done
Back