Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

xDARKx Knight

CAGiversary!
So after Cheapy mentioned a show he was watching on Netflix called Breaking Bad on #149 of the CAGcast i thought i would give it a watch.

After watching the last episode earlier tonight i was blown away :), i really enjoyed it and was disappointed that the series was over :cry:...

The acting was very solid and was surprised by how good Bryan Cranston was. I will no longer think of him as Malcolm's dad lol. Im just disappointed that it probably wont get shown here in England :whistle2:x...i hope it does though!

So this thread is for people who have watched the show and to discuss it etc :)...
So thanks Cheapy and bring on season 2 :D

The show was indeed awesome. I like how Bryan Cranston started acting like a badass toward the end. The new season can't start soon enough. I think it's sometime in early march we'll get new episodes.

When I first heard and saw the show I couldn't get into it... Then I watched the last few episodes before their break and it was pretty good so I'll toon in for their return.

Yeh it started to get really awesome in the last few episodes :)...episode 6 especially. Season 2 on the 8th of March to be precise lol :)...for you guys in the US anyway.

Like i said we havent even got season 1 yet...its on iTunes i think but that doesnt count...

I'm also looking forward to Season 2. I think the DVD for Season 1 comes out later this month.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Yeh it started to get really awesome in the last few episodes :)...episode 6 especially. Season 2 on the 8th of March to be precise lol :)...for you guys in the US anyway.

Like i said we havent even got season 1 yet...its on iTunes i think but that doesnt count...[/QUOTE]

Nice I was wondering when season 2 would begin.

My only gripe is that Showtime or HBO didnt pick the show up and all we get is a censored to *silence* version. Still one of the better shows on tv.

Thanks for posting this thread. I was going to mention how much I enjoyed the first season, as well.

For all you newbs, check out www.hulu.com. They may have the first season for free.

AMC has a bunch of teaser trailers for season 2 on their website. Season 1 comes out on DVD this Tuesday and I can't not buy it.

I rewatched episode 1 on AMC.com. This is the best dark comedy I've seen since Sopranos. I love when Jesse calls the barns "cowhouses".:rofl:

Yeah she be... can't watch until after, got a hockey game.

Speaking of which, why isn't ur ass in the NHL thread anymore. You're boys are doin good.

Yah know.. I think this show hit on all cylinders by the second to last or the last episode of the first season. They've picked up firing on all cylinders again with the premiere episode of season 2. That was great stuff. I can't wait for the next episode, this weekend! I think this show might cushion the blow a little of Burn Notice being over til June.

[quote name='VipFREAK'] I think this show might cushion the blow a little of Burn Notice being over til June.[/quote]

That's another show that I need to start watching. And I haven't been following the NHL too much lately (at least not watching too many games). I have been following my fantasy team, though.

The next deal with Tuco should be interesting...

:D The new episode sounds awesome! As good as the last few of the first season...im excited :)

...Wait! Did some of you say Walt's wife is hot? :whistle2:s...

LMAO! *ding* *ding ding*

*ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding* *ding* *ding ding*

Tonights episode has trumped last weeks episode. I expect things to only get better from here with
Tuco KIA

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I like Raymond Cruz, he always plays those fucking crazy characters. Also, DING[/quote]

"Training Day". "You ever had your shit pushed up?"

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Lol...DING! :whistle2:s WTF!? lol

:)[/quote]

Exactly what I thought before I saw the episode. Don't worry, you will understand fully once you watch it. Classic.

[quote name='VipFREAK']lmao, I don't know how many times I've watched that scene. *ding*[/QUOTE]

I smile every time I think of it now. Its simple but amazingly tense, its the kind of thing that Hitchcock could have done. At first I did wonder why they hired Mark Margolis (from Oz and tons of movies, you probably all recognize him from something) to just sit there and do nothing, but when he started doing his thing...ha!

[quote name='dinovelvet']I smile every time I think of it now. Its simple but amazingly tense, its the kind of thing that Hitchcock could have done. At first I did wonder why they hired Mark Margolis (from Oz and tons of movies, you probably all recognize him from something) to just sit there and do nothing, but when he started doing his thing...ha![/quote]

The finger-pointing was the best, though.

Man! You guys are talking about an episode but not giving anything away. It just makes me want to watch it even more :D. Well done guys lol.

Finally watched episode 2 and i now know what you guys was going on about lol :)

DING! indeed :)

So tense :whistle2:o...i actually sat forward and held my breath.
More so when Walt was putting the chemicals in the barrito and Tuco was turning the wheelchair around but still keeping an eye on the TV.
Also, so many funny things about this episode were laugh out loud.
Fly Swat! lol :D;)

Cant wait for the next episode. Every episode adds another little twist :)

Oyeh, Marie looked kind of hot in this episode. Better than Skyler - im looking at you shieryda lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for Hank to figure out what's going on and to want a piece of the action since his wife will have mentally fried him by then and probably have left him.

Interesting Magehart :)

I dont see it happening though. Hank seems very dedicated to his job and he enjoys it alot.

That would be pretty kool though if that did happen aha!

[quote name='VipFREAK']ROTFLMAO! *ding*
again!
[/quote]

Yes, I could only watch half the episode last night and stopped right after that part. Too funny. Pinkman is screwed now.

Oyeh, Marie looked kind of hot in this episode. Better than Skyler - im looking at you shieryda lol.

You're not gonna change my opinion, son.:D

Anyone watch the DVD? I've been watching all of Dexter on DVD and was wondering if anyone had any comments/complaints about Breaking Bad Season One DVD.

Nothing will beat last weeks episode for win. This episode was pretty ok. I'm much more of a fan of the Waltcentric episodes but Jesse every now and again has a gem. This wasn't one of them though. Although I must admit (spoiler about tonights episode)
I was fully expecting Jesse to take the kid himself for some strange reason. Maybe to hook up with hotty neighbor.

bread's done
Back