* * * * * 1 votes

Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

#901 tcrash247   ghosts.nin.com CAGiversary!   3657 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Perfect ending to a perfect show.

#902 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30504 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

Good enough ending.  Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I was a little surprised with what he did with Elliot and Gretchen.  I thought they were in big trouble.

tylerh1701.png 
Check out my game reviews at Video Chums!

#903 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

walt jr had 0 lines in the finale

good enough for me, so Walt is going to turn himself in sees Grethen and that other dude talking about how walt did nothing for the company he gets pissed and decides to visit them and really does nothing to them so if that TV wasn't turned on those nazi's would have lived, etc

#904 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

Good enough ending.  Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I was a little surprised with what he did with Elliot and Gretchen.  I thought they were in big trouble.

Yeah wasn't really a holy shit finale more like everything that had to happen happened sort of finale

#905 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

I think the most surprising thing to me, and what I think is the most underrated aspect of the show, is the musical choices.  Absolutely.  100%.  Without Fail.  Perfect.  Every time.

I really can't think of what else I wanted from this ending, since it wrapped up everything, and in most cases great and/or ironic ways.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#906 CaptainJoel   Already a Demon CAGiversary!   15333 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

I watched a lot of the Breaking Badathon that AMC had over the weekend and man, it was crazy obvious Walt was going to use the Stevia for the Ricin after watching them all in a row.

#907 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

They always find ways to surprise you. The Skinny Pete and Badger thing. Awesome. The music is always top notch in this show.  I loved the whole scene with Gretchen and Elliot. The whole time I thought he was going to kill them in some magical way, but no.

I watched a lot of the Breaking Badathon that AMC had over the weekend and man, it was crazy obvious Walt was going to use the Stevia for the Ricin after watching them all in a row.

I think that's the only thing people had nailed down for a few episodes.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#908 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

I thought he was going to fumigate the nazi's with it I'm not even sure thats how ricin works

btw lydia without make up ruined any fantasy I had for her

#909 CaptainJoel   Already a Demon CAGiversary!   15333 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

I thought he was going to fumigate the nazi's with it I'm not even sure thats how ricin works

btw lydia without make up ruined any fantasy I had for her

Bet she still gives good Wendies.

#910 davo1224   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

I really loved two things about the finale. The fact that he inadvertently killed himself and that he finally admitted he did it for himself.

#911 Síocháin Zum Subete   Banned Banned   1929 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Síocháin Zum Subete

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

I already miss breaking bad

#912 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7342 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Welp. Guess I'm done with TV now.

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

#913 Síocháin Zum Subete   Banned Banned   1929 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Síocháin Zum Subete

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Ditto

#914 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Wow, so just do Lost's ending. Okay.

So what happened to Huell, is he still in that house just waiting? Weird.

Skinny Pete and Badger are the best characters ever.

I mean, I guess until Game of Thrones comes back, sure.

Someone come throw away all my figurines.

#915 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

That ending was extremely satisfying. 

Great show.

Loved the musical choice for the ending. 

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#916 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

I totally thought Jesse was going to run Walt over with the car.

Vince Gilligan's reason for why Walt laid the watch on the telephone was hilarious.

pitfall_harry219.png

#917 bigpimpin24   Killamanjaro! CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

bigpimpin24

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

Wow, so just do Lost's ending. Okay.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#918 rocko562   Xero CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

I smoked a little something so i might be tripping. The Ending was beautiful..Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy of becoming a King (All Hail The King). He also said he liked it, and he was finally good at something. As he also mentions with Skylar, He did it for himself and NOT for his family. Every Character in the show Broke Bad as in their "Breaking Bad" both Good and Bad. Walter tried to help his family financially because he had cancer but instead destroyed the family, Hank and Marie know Walter so they were dragged into "Breaking Bad" , Steve Gomez was brought in the mess by Hanks determination of arresting Heisenburg, Walters kids, Holly not having a good family and by embarrassing Walt Jr. Lydia was brought in Todds buisness and she was poisoned. Jesses Girlfriends died and their family broke bad.  And Todd his Uncle and his gang ended in a disaster, was Walter and Jesse's way of Breaking the Bad. Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy and because Walter destroyed his dream of becoming The King. He wanted to help his family but instead destroyed everything. So he owed Jesse to Break the Bad and continue his life in peace. Skinny Pete and Badger loyal but dumb lived through Breaking Bad being good friends of Jesse. Combo was killed becuase of his Ego of being a drug dealer. The Cartel broke bad and everyone died, Gustavo and Mike along with Everyone involved with the drugs empire we Killed off. In the end, Walter was a King because he lived through the whole thing the longest. Jesse lives, when he was driving at first he seemed mad but when he broke the fence he finally broke the bad he was happy and he knew he was free from Walters mess. The ending reminds me a lot like the ending of Lost. Same theme and style, The ending showed Jack dieing knowing he did something good and lived the longest and they did everything they can to help the people they loved and drifting away from the camera slowly feeling death. I literaly cried during the last minutes of the show knowing everything ends. Jesse Seeing Walter die knowing he risked his life by helping him once again. , All Hail The King.

Get free steam games and amazon gift cards from tremorgames.com. made over $400 in free stuff!
http://www.tremorgames.com/?ref=52015

#919 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

I smoked a little something so i might be tripping. The Ending was beautiful..Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy of becoming a King (All Hail The King). He also said he liked it, and he was finally good at something. As he also mentions with Skylar, He did it for himself and NOT for his family. Every Character in the show Broke Bad as in their "Breaking Bad" both Good and Bad. Walter tried to help his family financially because he had cancer but instead destroyed the family, Hank and Marie know Walter so they were dragged into "Breaking Bad" , Steve Gomez was brought in the mess by Hanks determination of arresting Heisenburg, Walters kids, Holly not having a good family and by embarrassing Walt Jr. Lydia was brought in Todds buisness and she was poisoned. Jesses Girlfriends died and their family broke bad.  And Todd his Uncle and his gang ended in a disaster, was Walter and Jesse's way of Breaking the Bad. Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy and because Walter destroyed his dream of becoming The King. He wanted to help his family but instead destroyed everything. So he owed Jesse to Break the Bad and continue his life in peace. Skinny Pete and Badger loyal but dumb lived through Breaking Bad being good friends of Jesse. Combo was killed becuase of his Ego of being a drug dealer. The Cartel broke bad and everyone died, Gustavo and Mike along with Everyone involved with the drugs empire we Killed off. In the end, Walter was a King because he lived through the whole thing the longest. Jesse lives, when he was driving at first he seemed mad but when he broke the fence he finally broke the bad he was happy and he knew he was free from Walters mess. The ending reminds me a lot like the ending of Lost. Same theme and style, The ending showed Jack dieing knowing he did something good and lived the longest and they did everything they can to help the people they loved and drifting away from the camera slowly feeling death. I literaly cried during the last minutes of the show knowing everything ends. Jesse Seeing Walter die knowing he risked his life by helping him once again. , All Hail The King.

Quoting this before you realize you're retarded and try to delete it.

pitfall_harry219.png

#920 rocko562   Xero CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

And Need for Speed takes place after Jesse drives off? lolololol

Get free steam games and amazon gift cards from tremorgames.com. made over $400 in free stuff!
http://www.tremorgames.com/?ref=52015

#921 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Let me try.

Need For Speed broke bad when it became a movie.

Did I do it right?

Someone come throw away all my figurines.

#922 ValkyrieVF-1S   Skull One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

ValkyrieVF-1S

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Farewell Breaking Bad...

The Worst Foe Lies Within - Parasite Eve
gallery_587_6858_5265.jpg gallery_587_6858_1293.jpg

#923 CaptainJoel   Already a Demon CAGiversary!   15333 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

If NfS takes place after Breaking Bad, then it just further goes to show that Jesse's girlfriends cannot catch a break.

Unless it's their necks.

#924 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kIzIpf80Yaw

Posted Image

#925 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   2222 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

I feel bad for Huell..

http://www.youtube.c....ature=youtu.be

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/the_nexus6

#926 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7342 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

I mean, I guess until Game of Thrones comes back, sure.

Fair.

#927 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9944 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Didn't Walt help Lydia by tipping her off to the ricin poisoning?  She can just check herself into the ER and get treated for ricin now.  Sort of defeats the purpose to tell them before they're dead.

I enjoyed the finale.  I liked how they tied up the loose ends.  I hate it when shows leave you hanging (i.e. Sopranos, Lost, etc.)  When Vince said he got emotional about his final episode, I was expecting some tear jerker finale but it wasn't that all.  But it makes sense from his point of his view since the show is his baby. 

It's still a sad ending.  Everybody hates Walt by the time he meets his demise.  Walt Jr. despises him to the point that he can't even get a proper goodbye.  Aunt Marie wants him dead.  He never gets to see Holly grow up as she'll never have a good memory of him.  Jesse and Skylar are the only ones that have any sort of reconciliation with him.  Skylar gets her escape card while Walt confronts his inner demons.  Jesse realizes Walt saves his life but no longer allows Walt to tell him what to do.  Walt just dies there inside that meth lab ... alone.  I rooted for a flawed character so I was a little sad he died that way but given what could have happened, at least he righted some of the wrongs on his way out (i.e. sets up his family, avenges Hank, frees Jesse, comes to grips with himself).

#goodbyebreakingbad

#928 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7342 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Didn't Walt help Lydia by tipping her off to the ricin poisoning?  She can just check herself into the ER and get treated for ricin now.  Sort of defeats the purpose to tell them before they're dead.

That actually did kinda bug me. Maybe he waited juuust long enough for it to be untreatable. That's how it went in my head. No way can she live.

Speaking of her, how about Todd's creepy ass ringtone?

#929 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9944 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I totally thought Jesse was going to run Walt over with the car.

Vince Gilligan's reason for why Walt laid the watch on the telephone was hilarious.

I forgot what happened.  Walt just confirms Elliot and Gretchen's new address and places the watch that Jesse gave him as a gift on top of the telephone booth.  What'd I miss again?

#930 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7342 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I forgot what happened.  Walt just confirms Elliot and Gretchen's new address and places the watch that Jesse gave him as a gift on top of the telephone booth.  What'd I miss again?

http://www.vulture.c...alking-bad.html

Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse.

Love the attention to detail. Even if it purely correctional.