looking for a good multi player game for about $30...

EggViper

CAGiversary!
i have about $30 of gamestop credits i wanna spend but i dont know what to get. i need a gc multi player game (already have mario kart:dd, ssbm:m, fzero, ikaruga). any suggestions?

Depending on your set of friends, you might want to check out Wrestlemania XIX, but trust me, it's either going to be a big hit, or a big miss.

Also, 4/12/04, Serious Sam: The Next Encounter. 4 player FPS fun for $20. I can never say enough good things about the series, and now, VEHICLES!

And if you want to go FPS style, Timesplitters II, from Free Radical. It's like Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, and fun for four.

There's always the Mario Party's as well. And if all your friends have GBAs, there's also Final Fantasy: CC. Those are probably the pricier options currently, though MP4 is 30 bucks used at Gamestop. (Also, you could have done the buy 1 get 1 free preowned deal, but I guess that's over now.)

i was kinda thinking about mario party or super monkey ball but i couldnt decide between them, i heard the mario parties really suked but havent tried them out yet. so if anyone does own it, could u tell me if its worth buying?

and i think i might wanna look at serious sam but not for this time since then ill have $10 left and itll just b a bigger mess...

[quote name='EggViper']i was kinda thinking about mario party or super monkey ball but i couldnt decide between them, i heard the mario parties really suked but havent tried them out yet. so if anyone does own it, could u tell me if its worth buying?

and i think i might wanna look at serious sam but not for this time since then ill have $10 left and itll just b a bigger mess...[/quote]

I personally think MArio Party does suck. It may be good when you have 4 players, but anything under that and it's really boring. Super Monkey Ball has a quality single player game as well.

mario party is great if youve got 3-4 people playing. 4 is better than 5 in my opinion. i still say you should get wario ware though. its 30 dollars so you break even!

[quote name='metroidkiller9']mario party is great if youve got 3-4 people playing. 4 is better than 5 in my opinion. i still say you should get wario ware though. its 30 dollars so you break even![/quote]

i loved wario ware on the gba, i was hooked for weeks (along with a few cousins and bros). but reading the reviews on gameinformer (or ign i cant remember) it said that there havent been many new games added and infact peops who have already played out the gba version won't enjoy it very much. so im a little hesitant.

I have Mario Party 4, and I have to agree that it's significantly better played with 3 other people. Unlocking all the stuff (toy furniture thingies for the characters) takes FOREVER, and it's very repetitive and boring playing those minigames by yourself. As mentioned earlier, the Super Monkey Balls have a pretty solid single player mode. And it has pretty good multiplayer, especially the Monkey Fight one. The Mario Party's have a much larger variety of minigames though. I have MP4 and SMB1&2, and I think they are all worth their money, but SMB1&2 are much cheaper than either of the Mario Party's.

judy, from the three games though which one would u say is the best for multiplayer? cause i think i have my choices down, its either gonna b wario ware or one of those 3. ill present 2 choices (wario ware for one) to my bros and whichever is the popular vote i'll buy.

For multiplayer, I'd say Mario Party 4, since its focus is multiplayer play and it's got a lot more mini games (50+ versus SMB1's 6 and SMB's 12).

Great GC multiplayer games for under $30:

TimeSplitters 2
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
PacMan World 2 / PacMan Vs.

Monkey Ball is great for multiplayer as is Mario Party. I've been playing Mario Party 4 and quite enjoy the story mode as well as the multiplayer. I would recommend against Pacman World/Pacman Vs. as most of the multiplayer stuff needs to be unlocked in single player first (which kind of defeats the purpose...)

Get Baulders Gate if you haven't already. What a cool 2 player game. I never thought I would like a game like this and bought it on a whim at the TRU BOGO sale. Tremendously fun!

Ikaruga!

Super Smash Bros. Melee and other games like that are also good.
Super Monkey Ball is more for singlepleyr, but it's singleplayer is almoast perfect!

[quote name='Doylerulez']I'm curious EggViper, from the suggestions, what did you end up getting and was it a good pick?[/quote]

i talked to my bros and made a deal, since none of us could even decide on one game. were just gonna get wario ware and mario party 4 (or 5 even thats being debated right now). am gonna go out and buy wario ware right now, and the mario party once weve decided which version. thanx for help guys.

Don't buy Mario Party. I really can't stress this enough. You might as well buy Monopoly for more excitement, or candyland. Party games, in general, suck pretty bad. That being said, Mario Party is the best of the bunch, but that's not saying much. I guarantee that you'll play it a couple of times and never touch it again. $30 would be much better spent on Rogue Squadron for the best 2 player space shooting action.

[quote name='EggViper'][quote name='Doylerulez']I'm curious EggViper, from the suggestions, what did you end up getting and was it a good pick?[/quote]

i talked to my bros and made a deal, since none of us could even decide on one game. were just gonna get wario ware and mario party 4 (or 5 even thats being debated right now). am gonna go out and buy wario ware right now, and the mario party once weve decided which version. thanx for help guys.[/quote]

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/241879.asp

definately worth it.... just got it tonight....

best. multiplayer cube gamer. ever.

Only the single player game is an exact replica..
The real fun of this game is in the multiplayer modes.

bread's done
Back