CAGcast 150 Postponed till next week

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Cheapy needs to take Tai to the Dr & Mrs. Wombat is working very late and I have to babysit, so no show this week.

Sorry guys

Got it. Should be a good'n when it comes out, the news finally picked up.

1. Red Dead Redemption announced for X360 and PS3.
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 announced for X360, PS3, and PC.
3. 3 new Need for Speeds announced for 2009 - NfS: Shift for X360, PS3, PC, and PSP (finally cockpits!); NfS: Nitro for Wii and DS ("unique visual style"), NfS: World Online for PC (don't play MMO games... they should be called 'Persistant World Games', for obvious reasons).
4. Mass Effect 2 announced for X360 and PC.
5. Dead Space port for Wii.
6. Battlefield 1943: Pacific announced for X360, PS3, and PC (12 v. 12, unlimited ammo, regenerative health, release via downloadable).
7. Left 4 Dead DLC for PC and X360, both will get the new mode and two levels can now be played in Versus mode.
8. G.I. Joe movie-game announced for the usual suspects.
9. CoD:WaW map-pack in March (3 competitive multiplayer maps and one Nazi Zombie map).
10. Crytek saves Free Radical Design, speeds up Crytek's console plans.
11. Dead Rising 2 announced for X360, PS3, and PC.
12. Aliens: Colonial Marines delayed to 2010.
13. 24% of THQ staff laid-off due to $192 million loss in Q4 while stocks slide 17% while this is announced the day after.
14. Killzone 2 demo out on European PS Store, available to US PS Store with the pre-order code (your impressions on the demo?).
15. God of War III extended trailer and new screenshots.
16. January NPD US hardware and software sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Salami Inferno']I look forward to 150th episode spectacular next week.[/quote]
hell yeah.

Do you guys have a twister spinner you use with "baby" "Jewish stuff" "vacation" and "wife" when looking for a way to explain for no Cagcast?

Just kidding, but seriously it's one of those 98% of the time.
Look forward to episode 150.

im not suprised. last week it didnt come out till like thursday and this week its canceled.i dont know if im the only one thats noticed it but this podcast is dying a slow death.

Yesterday was a holiday here, so I had the wife and kid home...hence no show.

Enter today: Tai has a really bad cough that was making him gag and vomit. He woke up at 4am covered in puke and did the same thing again after breakfast this morning. I brought him to the Dr. first thing in the morning but the clinic was already packed, so there no way we could see the Dr. and get the show recorded. Tai stayed home with me today, slept a lot, and we went back to the Dr. in the afternoon.

He got some medicine so I expect he will be better soon.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']im not suprised. last week it didnt come out till like thursday and this week its canceled.i dont know if im the only one thats noticed it but this podcast is dying a slow death.[/quote]
The only thing dying a slow death around here is your attitude. Lighten up. Feel free to speed up our slow death and stop listening.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']im not suprised. last week it didnt come out till like thursday and this week its canceled.i dont know if im the only one thats noticed it but this podcast is dying a slow death.[/quote]

Chris, its simple. Simply don't purchase next weeks CAG show... oh... wait. Nevermind.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yesterday was a holiday here, so I had the wife and kid home...hence no show.

Enter today: Tai has a really bad cough that was making him gag and vomit. He woke up at 4am covered in puke and did the same thing again after breakfast this morning. I brought him to the Dr. first thing in the morning but the clinic was already packed, so there no way we could see the Dr. and get the show recorded. Tai stayed home with me today, slept a lot, and we went back to the Dr. in the afternoon.
[/quote]
Cheapy, you are asshole.

How dare you take care of your kid instead of making a podcast!

its been 99 shows since both your wives were on the show at the same time, it was a popular show, bring them back. change it up and put the kids on, tai could babble and sabrina could... shake a rattle? That could be 30 seconds of pure gold. just putting it out there. hope tai gets better

Ok. I'm off Friday.. who wants to record THE FIRST CAG WITHDRAWL CAST Episode #1? I fuckin' do and I got some space to host the cast on. We can record Thursday evening or Friday morning (eastern Time). I can edit it together and insert an intro. PM ME.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Do you guys have a twister spinner you use with "baby" "Jewish stuff" "vacation" and "wife" when looking for a way to explain for no Cagcast?

Just kidding, but seriously it's one of those 98% of the time.
Look forward to episode 150.[/quote]

Ok that was pretty funny! :lol:

But yea, anyone that has kids knows how shitty it is when they're sick. That pretty much takes priority over everything. Hope everything is well Cheapy.

Man i feel like a douche for twittering that i couldn't survive work today without the CAGcast. Feel better Cheapy T. Health comes first!

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Got it. Should be a good'n when it comes out, the news finally picked up.

1. Red Dead Redemption announced.
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 announced for X360, PS3, and PC.
3. 3 new Need for Speeds announced for 2009 - NfS: Shift for X360, PS3, PC, and PSP (finally cockpits!); NfS: Nitro for Wii, DS ("unique visual style"), NfS: World Online for PC (don't play MMO games... they should be called 'Persistant World Games', for obvious reasons).
4. Mass Effect 2 announced for X360 and PC.
5. Dead Space port for Wii.
6. Battlefield 1943: Pacific (12 v. 12, unlimited ammo, regenerative health, release via downloadable).
7. Left 4 Dead DLC for PC and X360, both will get the new mode and two levels can now be played in Versus mode.
8. G.I. Joe movie-game announced for the usual suspects.
9. CoD:WaW map-pack in March (3 competitive multiplayer maps and one Nazi Zombie map).
10. Crytek saves Free Radical Design, speeds up Crytek's console plans.
11. Dead Rising 2 announced for X360, PS3, and PC.
12. Aliens: Colonial Marines delayed to 2010.
13. 24% of THQ staff laid-off due to $192 million loss in Q4 while stocks slide 17% while this is announced the day after.
14. Killzone 2 demo out on European PS Store, available to US PS Store with the pre-order code (your impressions on the demo?).[/quote]

I was just going to say that they didnt have one because it was a slow news week. you sure put the dagger in that though....some of the stuff they did mention on the previous show.

I've never heard of a kid being so sick all the time cheapy, is your apartment made of lead or something? Hope your boy gets better, sucks that he is sick. You should just start telling us when he is well because he seems sick all the time. But than again, my son gets sick often and the co-pays break my wallet, but hey thats why I come to Cheap ass gamer!!!

Remember on CAG 149 you said next show you'll talk about what changes/improvements you would make to the Xbox 720 and Playstation 4. I hope you mention that as i'd like to hear what you've got to say. Maybe even talk about the Wii 2.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yesterday was a holiday here, so I had the wife and kid home...hence no show.

The only thing dying a slow death around here is your attitude. Lighten up. Feel free to speed up our slow death and stop listening.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Cheapy -- this is supposed to be a fun thing, and the complaining about a late show is getting tired.

Hope the little guy is feeling better!

Aw, bummer, I'm sorry to hear about Tai. I hope he gets better soon! And, although there's reason to worry about Tai's health (I'm sure the Cheapy's are good parents though), everyone here says that when a kid gets sick a lot, he will become a strong adult, so, hopefully it's the case here!

Oh, and do make an awesome show next week ;). And for the Wombat household, I'm sure that a lot of work is better than no work, right? Keep it up and good luck.

Damn what am I supposed to listen to on my 130mile commute? Gamers with Jobs? Rebel FM? Come on Cheapy!

J/K Hope Tai feels better. And I'll look foward to the next show!

Wow I agree with everybody Tai does get sick a lot Cheapy! Japanese don't believe in vitamins? Give him that medicine that tastes like purple :p

Hope he get's better and the 150th show is great :]

Get the Shipwrecks on or your wives! Either way it makes for a very interesting/great show

[quote name='nesfan8222']its been 99 shows since both your wives were on the show at the same time, it was a popular show, bring them back. change it up and put the kids on, tai could babble and sabrina could... shake a rattle? That could be 30 seconds of pure gold. just putting it out there. hope tai gets better[/QUOTE]

I agree with all this.

[quote name='Wombat']Cheapy needs to take Tai to the Dr & Mrs. Wombat is working very late and I have to babysit, so no show this week.

Sorry guys[/quote]

I have been told that I am not allowed to call it babysitting if it is my own kids that I am watching.

Boo, Hiss, Cry, and Bitch no Free CAGcast this week what ever will I do! I know I will keep looking for a job.

Cheapy, I hope Tai is feeling better having a sick kid is the worst.

That's too bad but I will survive. Your son seems to get sick an awful lot. Is that normal for a baby? I didn't think so but I'm not a parent yet. See you next week and do make the cagcast extra long will you?

[quote name='crazytalkx']Tai gets sick an awful lot :([/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Hope he gets better. Next CAGcast will be packed with news so that's good:D

Cheapy, I am assuming the show is done but just not yet being properly edited. If that's the case, don't you think you and Wombat might have to add another half hour into it so the 'news' already covered won't be outdated? just my 2 cents.

In their first year of daycare, kids do get sick a shit ton. However, if they can survive the first year, they are nearly invincible!

I have my own podcast and listen to many, It is my opinion that consistency is one of the most valuable assets a show can have. Of course, stuff happens once in a while. But if it happens too much, people will lose interest.

While I am dissapointed when a CAGCast is canceled.... you guys make my week interesting... THANKS!

Its not canceled, its just delayed. Maxgle, the news won't be OLD cause it hasn't even been recorded yet.
So they'll have 2 weeks worth of stuff they can talk about, which should make it a very good listen.
As for the "150th episode spectacular" that's kinda been dubbed that name by the CAGCast listeners. I really don't think CheapyD had anything spectacular in mind for this show. Just another Cagcast, which will be good regardless.

Just don't get your expectations too high, because expecting some "Spectacular Episode" will probably just let you down because its probably more work than a stressed out Cheapy with a sick child can handle right now.

lol omg! maybe you guys should record a show in advance or something, or just record a couple of backup shows for moments like this. lol oh well. take care guys.

It's normal for babies to get sick a lot. It just builds up their immune system. :)

Take care and I'm lookin' forward to episode 150! :D

[quote name='Thomas96']lol omg! maybe you guys should record a show in advance or something, or just record a couple of backup shows for moments like this. lol oh well. take care guys.[/quote]

They can only record so much once a week. Other wise we would be listening to irrelevant shit from weeks prior. In the game industry that's like 1,000,000,000 years.

For all you child-less tweens out there, young kids (especially babies) do get sick a lot, even a bit of a cold can be a nightmare with young ones, the amount of times ours have choked on snot and woken up being sick, ah happy memories.....

What with the shipwrecks out of action as well, we definitely need to develop a cag super-immuno-shot for the future :D

[quote name='carlito8']For all you child-less tweens out there, young kids (especially babies) do get sick a lot, even a bit of a cold can be a nightmare with young ones, the amount of times ours have choked on snot and woken up being sick, ah happy memories.....

What with the shipwrecks out of action as well, we definitely need to develop a cag super-immuno-shot for the future :D[/quote]

Or maybe a 3rd podcast (either Workman or something else).

[quote name='carlito8']For all you child-less tweens out there, young kids (especially babies) do get sick a lot, even a bit of a cold can be a nightmare with young ones, the amount of times ours have choked on snot and woken up being sick, ah happy memories.....

What with the shipwrecks out of action as well, we definitely need to develop a cag super-immuno-shot for the future :D[/QUOTE]

Now, I'm not mad at all at our fellow podcast hosts, but to me, that's the problem really: it wouldn't be so bad to not have one of the two podcasts, but missing both of them in the same week is a total bummer.

No matter though, there's always next week to hope for!

[quote name='Thomas96']lol omg! maybe you guys should record a show in advance or something, or just record a couple of backup shows for moments like this. lol oh well. take care guys.[/quote]

Heh. This is an idea i thought about before. I seriously doubt it would happen due to the time factor, but what if cheapy and wombat did have episodes "in the can" for emergency weeks. Instead of game news, they could just have game reflections. Like what it was for them growing up and playing games. I mean there are parts of the cagcast when they do talk about it, but i guess they could get more in depth. I think since the show has been going on for so long that the we(or maybe just myself) enjoy the personalities of the cheapy and wombat, and I enjoy the parts when they talk about their lives more than when they talk about games these days. So in a way they can talk about there gaming memories so whatever date it is recorded on doesnt really matter. I am sure diehard cagcast listeners would give it a listen, but im not sure if they would want to take time out of their lives to do such a thing. Although it would be appreciated because a week without a cagcast makes Homer something something....

He got some medicine so I expect he will be better soon.

The only thing dying a slow death around here is your attitude. Lighten up. Feel free to speed up our slow death and stop listening.[/quote]

well i dont want the podcast to end but this podcast in general always ends up being delayed or just outright canceled for the week(like this weeks) the podcasts used to come out thursdays then fridays, then delayed to mondays and ever since then its slowly been getting delayed to tue and wed. its only a matter of time before you go full circle and delay it to thurs like they used to be. i love the podcast and both you guys are awesome hosts, im just sayin ,the podcast is just about the only 'effort' put into the site all week i just hoped it could be taken a bit more seriously but then again it doesnt really matter other than to please the fans so thats why i could see it going away all together.

bread's done
Back