Comp USA Troubles $3.99 ps1 battery pack

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
ok i went to my localcomp usa to pick up a couple ps1 battery packs, i tired this a couple weeks ago inpittsburgh but theydidnt have them, when i got there there must have been 10 of them! they had a 29.99 sticker on them, but i just assumed they just wernt priced 3.99 yet

so i took 2 up to the register and asked the cashier to scan them for me, she did and they came up 3.99, i said i'd take them, she said she had to go talk to a manager. after waiting arouind for about 10 mins they said they couldnt sell them to me for 3.99 and that they would have to charge 29.99. now im pretty sure thats not legal but i was pissed so i left

when i got home i called cuztomer service to see if i could find out what the real price was suposed to be, they couldnt tell me since i couldnt supply an sku but they filed some form of complaint and said i should hear back tomarrow. i hope this end up my way, the people at that store were assholes, the peopole at customer service however were very nice...we'll see what happens

Could you try to go back when maybe a different cashier is there but before you go to the register, peel off the $29.99 sticker? (I'm not very familiar with CompUSA price stickers so I don't know if it's possible to take them off easily or not)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Could you try to go back when maybe a different cashier is there but before you go to the register, peel off the $29.99 sticker? (I'm not very familiar with CompUSA price stickers so I don't know if it's possible to take them off easily or not)[/quote]

they told me they changed the price in the computer, soi doubt that would work, even if it would, the store is 25-30minsaway and ialready wasted anough gas to not get what i wanted...anyways i want them to get in as much trouble as possible, they seriously were assholes

Maybe they'll honor the $3.99 price and give you a giftcard for your trouble once you get a response from the customer service.

Why is it at any store, whenever there is a really good deal on an item, employees always seem to question it, like they take offense that you are getting a good deal or they act like they themselves are losing money on the good deal that you found. :roll:

[quote name='YoshiFan1']...Why is it at any store, whenever there is a really good deal on an item, employees always seem to question it, like they take offense that you are getting a good deal or they act like they themselves are losing money on the good deal that you found. :roll:[/quote]

i feel you on that part. it seems like they take it so personal... which they shouldn't b/c they should be trying to make the customers happy and satisfied.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Why is it at any store, whenever there is a really good deal on an item, employees always seem to question it, like they take offense that you are getting a good deal or they act like they themselves are losing money on the good deal that you found. :roll:[/quote]

Tell me about it. When the TRU 2 for $20 deal was on the stupid cashier called the manager to check on the game prices when there was a gigantic sign 4 ft in front of his face that said bogof. I wanted to tell that guy off so bad.

I can tell you this, DON'T get your hopes up for customer service to do anything about your complaint.

I know this first hand with an issue I had about 2 years ago with K-Mart when they were closing down all their stores here in Oklahoma City, and others nation wide. I always had a problem with the same store out of the 3 that were closing.

The games would have a different sticker price than what they scanned with % off and I always had a hard time getting it for the cheaper tagged price plus the % off.

I made a good sized purchase and never noticed (until I got home) I did'nt get the % off also, the AM would'nt give it to me. So I called CS 800 # and they just connected me to the store to speak with the GM(which was a woman), but I got stuck talking to the other dick of an AM and I explained my issue to him. He then proceeded to ask me to hold and instead of accually putting me on hold he just sat the receiver on the counter and started to talk to the person standing next to him. Were he then called me a F'n Moron and so forth, then he hung up on me.
Called CS # back and got nothing but the run around.
It also took a lot to keep from going down there and beating the hell out of the prick.

Sorry for the long post.

Next time you go in if you have a cell phone bring along the phone # to your County DA's office and if they refuse to give it to you for the scanned price, then just give it a call (while in the store in the presence of the manager)and explain the situation to them then hand the phone to the manager.
That should get the fire under their ass started.

i just got a call back and they said they could sell me one for 3.99, and gave mealot of bullshit about 3.99 not being the price, doing it especially for me...blah blah blah

i was walking around downtown with some friends and we came across a costume shop, the hat was 3$ and the patch was 1$

These battery packs were priced at $3.99 at my local compusa. I purchased one without any hassles. Sorry you are having trouble :(

i got one today for 4 bucks. there were two left, but i dont even have a psone. i got it in hopes that i will eentually find the bundle at thatr 38 price point

bread's done
Back