Flight of the Conchords Season 2 Thread

Searched didn't find a thread.

hp_main_ep17.jpg

While this season has been kinda "eh", I have to say this weeks episode was FANTASTIC. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. The "Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor" song was classic FotC. Also bringing up the the Austraillian angle was awesome.

"You're from Austria and he's from some county no ones ever fucking heard of."

It's a shame this is the final season (due to them saying how hard it is to make up new song contents, which shows) but even though Season 1 is classic, I think Season 2 is finally starting to pick up.

Anyone else dig this show?

I was kind of bummed that this season wasn't nearly as good as the first but I really liked their Roxanne parody and that rap song they did. Haven't seen this week's episode yet.

I love FoTC! I can't believe they'd stop after two seasons, even when the show misses it's still funnier than most other shows. I have the CD and first season on my computer, but I only caught one episode this season.

I agree that this most recent episode was the best so far this season. Even though it shows that they are struggling to make songs as funny as their old ones, it's still one of the funniest shows on TV in my opinion.

And Murray is still the best thing about the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ikohn4ever']where did you see them say its the final season?[/QUOTE]

It was on one of those fansites where they interviewed them, and they said it was too hard to create content (hence the delay of this second season several times).

And didn't know Gondry directed this episode. It shows, with the ending being stupid, just like the majority of his movies.

Heh, with this season they used up most of the radio series material. What's left is to create an episode where one of the Conchords gets shot by his own arrow. But since they are in America,where the health care system is abysmal for the poor, I guess they can't really pull off that episode here.

That last episode really enraged me, since Jemaine was dating a no good Australian!

"The Tough Brets" is my favorite for this season so far.

They did play "Jenny" in the radio series, but in that series they portray actually competent musicians, not the "rock the party" ones. I wonder why they did that. Is it just an excuse for them to have music videos?

Sad... I actually paid attention to the building directory in the New Zealand Consulate Building this time, and "Stewart's Wholesale Meats" are gone! Now replaced by "Escott Sausage Casings." But funny if you think about it.

I'm surprised at people saying s2 isn't as good as 1. I'm thinking just the opposite. The past two episodes have been non-stop laugh out loud funny to me.

"I'm still waiting on two waters here." :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm surprised at people saying s2 isn't as good as 1. I'm thinking just the opposite. The past two episodes have been non-stop laugh out loud funny to me.

"I'm still waiting on two waters here." :lol:[/quote]

After these past two episodes, I definitely take back what I said about s2 not being as good.

[quote name='DestroVega']This show was a lot better when it was called Tenacious D[/quote]

:nottalking:

[quote name='Maklershed']Not even close.

That's like saying I liked the Mustang better when it was called the Edsel.[/quote]

lol... even if you like it better, it's a blatant rip-off

Finally saw the new episode "Prime Minister."

Typical Conchord fare, and Brian, the PM of New Zealand, got most of the best lines. "You've got the Matrix? This just came out in New Zealand!"

I think sometimes the show is still funny even when the songs kind of suck, but when the songs are great, it's amazing. It must be really hard to write enough good and funny songs and find ways to work them into funny episodes. I've been fairly impressed with season 2, especially after the weak 2nd half of season 1.

She calls it "Garkfunkeling".
LOL
and the Karaoke was hilariousssssssssssss....
FOTC is still awesome...

Didn't know there was a thread for FotC, my FAVORITE comedy series!

Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 has had it's misses but also had some REALLY fun episodes.

Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor is my favorite FotC song. The last episode "Prime Minister of NZ" was actually really bad... hope they get back on track.

Hmm... wow. Friend showed me this show. Not sure what to think. The whole breakout in showtunes "You don't have to be a..." didn't help.

That loony girl is a train wreck, but somehow keeps the show watchable.

[quote name='DestroVega']lol... even if you like it better, it's a blatant rip-off[/quote]

How can it be a ripoff if its based on their lives?

hmm, i thought it was old news that the show wasnt getting a 3rd season. i remember them saying that they just didnt have enough songs and did want to ram them out just for the show. i think its good, even though i loved the show, because the 2nd season definitely wasnt as good as the 1st.

bread's done
Back