HAZE 16.99 + FS (over $25) at www.amazon.com

Yeah... even at $5 I don't think it would be worth it because you could pick up a PS2 game like PSi Ops or Syphon Filter and it would be more ground breaking.

And now I'd like to apologize to the games I named for insulting them.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the post, based on the responses this game is not worth it. i might have to try it out though since this is the best price i can find. thanks!
transparent_pixel.gif

Once again I have to be baffled by the bashing this game gets. It's GOOD. It's SOLID. It's at least on par with Halo 1, Gears 1, Perfect Dark 1/0, Goldenye, F.E.A.R., or any of 10 trillion other FPS (and IMO much much much better than the Call of Duty games, though I don't like spastic). Is it ground breaking, a must play? No, but it controls well, it goes through the motions just fine, and if you like the genre you'll have fun with it. And it HAS a story which is more than you can say for like Call of Duty or something.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Yeah... even at $5 I don't think it would be worth it because you could pick up a PS2 game like PSi Ops or Syphon Filter and it would be more ground breaking. [/QUOTE]

Those are both awesome games no doubt, but that doesn't make Haze BAD, it just isn't brilliant-just a normal game. (And personally I'd go for the PSP versions of the Syphon Filter games...well actually the second one was never ported, and those Sony Bend guys have an astounding grasp on the hardware, and say it can push more texture and polygons than the PS2 can...and I totally believe them, given how fantastic those games and the upcoming Resistance look).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Once again I have to be baffled by the bashing this game gets. It's GOOD. It's SOLID. It's at least on par with Halo 1, Gears 1, Perfect Dark 1/0, Goldenye, F.E.A.R., or any of 10 trillion other FPS (and IMO much much much better than the Call of Duty games, though I don't like spastic). Is it ground breaking, a must play? No, but it controls well, it goes through the motions just fine, and if you like the genre you'll have fun with it. And it HAS a story which is more than you can say for like Call of Duty or something.

Those are both awesome games no doubt, but that doesn't make Haze BAD, it just isn't brilliant-just a normal game. (And personally I'd go for the PSP versions of the Syphon Filter games...well actually the second one was never ported, and those Sony Bend guys have an astounding grasp on the hardware, and say it can push more texture and polygons than the PS2 can...and I totally believe them, given how fantastic those games and the upcoming Resistance look).[/QUOTE]
I have to agree. Everybody loves to hop on the Haze bash-boat. I played it for about 6 hours today, and I love it. It's rough around the edges, but it has excellent controls, great 4 player drop in/out online coop (w/ 2 player splitscreen) and excellent multiplayer gametypes like Assault/DM/C&H. (And there's tons of people playing online, I was just on!)

Most Haze haters either played the demo or only played the first few levels of the full version. Once you pass that, you get to the good stuff. If you didn't get to at least the Hotel level, you were playing the warmup story.

[quote name='emperordahc']I have to agree. Everybody loves to hop on the Haze bash-boat. I played it for about 6 hours today, and I love it. It's rough around the edges, but it has excellent controls, great 4 player drop in/out online coop (w/ 2 player splitscreen) and excellent multiplayer gametypes like Assault/DM/C&H. (And there's tons of people playing online, I was just on!)

Most Haze haters either played the demo or only played the first few levels of the full version. Once you pass that, you get to the good stuff.[/quote]

no. just, no.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Once again I have to be baffled by the bashing this game gets. It's GOOD. It's SOLID. It's at least on par with Halo 1, Gears 1, Perfect Dark 1/0, Goldenye, F.E.A.R., or any of 10 trillion other FPS (and IMO much much much better than the Call of Duty games, though I don't like spastic). Is it ground breaking, a must play? No, but it controls well, it goes through the motions just fine, and if you like the genre you'll have fun with it. And it HAS a story which is more than you can say for like Call of Duty or something.

[/quote]

Wow . . . never post on CAG again please. :ROFL: but seriously . . .

I got this POS for $10 at BBy and felt like they ripped me off.

[quote name='Serpent01']No thank you, the game is so bad, its the perfect gift for your worst enemy.[/QUOTE]

If I buy it will I be my own worst enemy?

[quote name='wildnuts02']no. just, no.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Wow . . . never post on CAG again please. :ROFL: but seriously . . .

I got this POS for $10 at BBy and felt like they ripped me off.[/QUOTE]

Why? Like emperordahc said too, it's just people jumping on the bandwagon to bash something. There's nothing wrong with Haze. It's not must play, but most games aren't. It's perfectly fine.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why? Like emperordahc said too, it's just people jumping on the bandwagon to bash something. There's nothing wrong with Haze. It's not must play, but most games aren't. It's perfectly fine.[/quote]

i'm not jumping on any bandwagon. i played the game as much as i could until it disgusted me too much (around the part where you arrive at the village that's being invaded). the game is objectively crap. anyone who thinks otherwise has incredibly low standards or think it's cool to praise something that is universally regarded as garbage.

[quote name='wildnuts02']no. just, no.[/QUOTE]

Man, Don't hate the game, Ive seen and played through much much MUCH worst that this. It WAS OVERHYPED yes, perhaps called a Halo Killer at the time???, BUT reagardless is not complete trash. is SEMI-CRAP

50% enjoyable
;)

[quote name='wildnuts02']i'm not jumping on any bandwagon. i played the game as much as i could until it disgusted me too much (around the part where you arrive at the village that's being invaded). the game is objectively crap. anyone who thinks otherwise has incredibly low standards or think it's cool to praise something that is universally regarded as garbage.[/QUOTE]

baby, watch you language!!! and calm down, nobody is bashing YOU..

[quote name='Wolfpup'] It's at least on par with Halo 1, Gears 1, Perfect Dark 1/0, Goldenye, F.E.A.R., or any of 10 trillion other FPS (and IMO much much much better than the Call of Duty games, though I don't like spastic). [/quote]

Wow, highlight of my day right here.

Soooo... you're talking about how Dark Sector is the same game only because it uses the same engine as Gears right... ? I mean, that game was such a hit...

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's at least on par with Halo 1, Gears 1, Perfect Dark 1/0, Goldenye, F.E.A.R., or any of 10 trillion other FPS (and IMO much much much better than the Call of Duty games, though I don't like spastic). Is it ground breaking, a must play? No, but it controls well, it goes through the motions just fine, and if you like the genre you'll have fun with it. And it HAS a story which is more than you can say for like Call of Duty or something.
[/quote]

Now first of all, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but do you really believe Haze to be on par with Halo and GoldenEye? I'm unable to see what Haze has that places it on the same level as the games you listed. I did enjoy the Nectar in the game though, and I thought it made it quite a unique experience. It's a good game, just not the same caliber as, well, the games you listed.

This doesn't beat last week's Haze deal.

Last week you could get a free copy of Haze with a purchase of Charmin Toilet paper.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It is $7.48 at Target if you can find it[/quote]

I found it @ Target @ $7.48 and couldn't resist. I tried the demo before biting and liked it enough to give the game a shot. It can't be any worse than the game I'm playing now on 360 (Timesh*t!).

[quote name='wildnuts02']i'm not jumping on any bandwagon. i played the game as much as i could until it disgusted me too much (around the part where you arrive at the village that's being invaded). the game is objectively crap. anyone who thinks otherwise has incredibly low standards or think it's cool to praise something that is universally regarded as garbage.[/quote]

I love this quote, Wildnuts. You say that you both are "not jumping on any bandwagon" while simultaneously ending on a "universally regarded as garbage"! :rofl:

From an objective point of view, you just contradicted yourself (or at the very least, accidentally diluted your own point!). :roll:

Just cause something is universally hated, doesn't make it wrong or evil or bad. Jews are universally hated, too! And so were black people for much of our history!

I'm giving the game a shot... :whistle2:# And for the record, it's not kosher to HATE on a game you never completed - this goes out to all you CAG's out there, with low attention spans and sense of completion.

Just cause I don't love TimeSh*t doesn't mean I won't give the game a full chance to impress me. And ironically, the early levels suck a lot more than the later levels (game is bearable once you find the explosive crossbow! :lol:).

Why should we sit through a horrible game "to completion"? If it's got broken controls or a horrible camera or a million other design flaws, I'm not playing through the whole broken game, unless it has a damn good story or something.

not kosher to hate on a game you never completed? TimeSh*t? You just apparently contradicted yourself in a post laughing at someone who did the same thing.

Anyhow, of course Haze sucks, it's a first person shooter, that goes without saying.

bread's done
Back