LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm, Assassin's Creed, and Rock Band announced for the PSP!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5159408/littlebigplanet-rock-band-assassins-creed-coming-to-psp

Hot from this week's annual Destination Playstation meeting comes news of LittleBigPlanet, Rock Band and Assassin's Creed for the Playstation Portable.

Rock Band Unplugged will include Wi-Fi support and a "fully-featured in-game store" for downloadable content in the North American and Europeans markets.

This fall will see the release of MotorStorm Arctic Edge and LittleBigPlanet for the PSP. These titles will be built from the ground up for PSP:

LittleBigPlanet — Developed in conjunction with MediaMolecule, the critically acclaimed game LittleBigPlanet makes its way to the PSP, offering new SackBoy(TM) adventures with the same play, create, share experience for gamers on-the-go, in addition to brand new levels and environments specifically created for the platform.

MotorStorm Arctic Edge — Developed by the award-winning Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force series, MotorStorm Arctic Edge sees the music, the festival and the brutal off-road racing arrive in the breathtaking yet lethal and unpredictable setting of Alaska. The game is also expected to hit the PlayStation 2 platform in Fall of 2009.

Madden NFL 10 will enable NFL fans to build their own formations and plays from scratch on the PSP. Then, through connectivity with the PS3, the plays can be downloaded and perfected on the console. In addition, Madden NFL 10 will deliver a faster and more "PSP-friendly" gameplay experience to adapt to the PSP owner's lifestyle.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR10 will allow gamers to experience the drama of major golf tournaments with revamped gameplay modes for on and offline play.

Square Enix's DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY, which has sold 850,000 units since launching before the holidays in Japan, will make its way to North America this summer.

All we know about Assassin's Creed for the PSP is that Ubisoft will debut an exclusive installment of the franchise later this year.
I'm not sure what to expect out of portable Rock Band, but I'm interested in the other big three games.

Edit: Joystiq has this bit of info on Rock Band Unplugged:
Update: Primotech has some possible gameplay details. According to their writeup, Unplugged will use the left, up, triangle, and circle buttons to control instruments, switching from instrument to instrument with the shoulder buttons, and playing "phrases" of each instrument to maintain a score multiplier. This sounds exactly like Harmonix's Frequency!
Great news if true.

Assassin's Creed will be getting its own bundle this fall.

I've got to think that Assassin's Creed will also be making its' way to Wii. I guess LBPP is something to get excited for.

I have a feeling RB on PSP MIGHT be kind of similar to Amplitude/Frequency. If it is, I'd be VERY happy. I remember how Harmonix once proposed a project to SCEA of an Amplitude/Frequency project for PSP, but SCEA denied it since those games didn't sell well enough, so this MIGHT be it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Whatever gave you that idea? :whistle2:k *looks at OP* ;)[/QUOTE]I didn't catch that in the OP, actually thought about it while visiting some forums. ;)

Cool! Very excited for Motorstorm PSP, and Rock Band sounds intriguing.

It's also cool that they're doing a PS2 version of the Motorstorm game. All else being equal, I'd probably get it for PS2 rather than PSP. But online play could be a big point in favor of the portable version if they do it right. And leaving out widescreen mode or progressive scan support would be an automatic massive fail for the console version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Hannah Montana PSP Entertainment Pack is a great idea - the PSP really needs to reach out and between the purple PSP and LBP it looks like they are at least looking at the path and getting ready to go down it. I know I will be getting my daughter the HM PSP.

I am also happy they have something bigger than a 1gb card in-pack. It should be at 4gb, but 2 is better than 1.

Kotak says Motorstorm will have infrastructure. Hopefully there will be lobbies and not just quick matching.

Just glad to see some PSP announcements after like 6 months without a major PSP game. Hopefully 2009 turns out to be a decent year for the system.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Hopefully 2009 turns out to be a decent year for the system.[/quote]
Yeah, I have to say, as much as I love JRPGs, it's nice to know that companies other than Square Enix and Atlus remember that the PSP exists. :)

Damn the PSP releases finally got a kick in the ass. Yes more... MORE PSP Games.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!https://www.gamefly.com/member/reg3...3B3C-622A-4309-F062-E1FF73AA72F9&partnerid=4&

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Kotak says Motorstorm will have infrastructure. Hopefully there will be lobbies and not just quick matching.

Just glad to see some PSP announcements after like 6 months without a major PSP game. Hopefully 2009 turns out to be a decent year for the system.[/QUOTE]It kind of happened because some developers pulled their PSP support temporarily, but since the PSP slim sold quite well, developers were jumping back on it. Part of the problem is that it takes 1.5-2 years to develop most games, so we are starting to finally see the results.

And another thing - can we get some PSN support? I just looked at the last 7 updates and there were a total of 3 demos, 1 classic PSX game, 1 UMD game, and the rest was videos/wallpaper/themes. Pathetic.

[quote name='pete5883']Boo @ it being developed by Backbone.[/quote]

Agreed. Dang, the more I learn about Rock Band, the lamer it gets. Hopefully it will at least draw attention to the genre and DJ Max.

Castle Vidcons was pretty quick with this news:
cv0079.jpg

the only reason I'd shell out for the PS3 besides Blu-Ray would be LBP.. and now that it's coming to PSP.. I'll gladly pass on the PS3 =]

I forget where I read it, but the rumor is that these announcements are only about half of the games that they have to announce. The rest will be at E3.

Four songs for Rock Band Unplugged were confirmed by the ESRB summary:
1) What's My Age Again - Blink 182
2) Lump - Presidents of the United States of America
3) My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
4) Chop Suey - System of a Down

Source

bread's done
Back