Xbox 360 Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda for $11.99

tini1485

CAGiversary!
Game Stop's Weekly ad has cut the Xbox 360 Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda from $29.99 to $15.00, plus if you have an Edge card you get 10% off....but not 10% off of $15, but 10% off of $29.99. So you walk out the door with the combo for $11.99 plus tax. So roughly $6 a game...not bad.

[quote name='TheDeadEye']Nice! Is this on the new or used?[/quote]

Used. Check jp's post here for the whole weekly ad, including the used deals of the week.

They calculated the 10% discount from the normal price and not the sale price? I find that hard to believe. Is it possible that you just got a store clerk who didn't know what he was doing?

Can anyone else out there confirm that they take the 10% off of the pre-sale price?

There's a chance, as always, that he didn't know what he was doing. But it is hard to mess up when all you do is scan it in. He didn't even know it was on sale and was surprised when the end total was $12.00.
I am curious as well if I am the only one... I will say even at $13.50, (discount on the $15.00)..it's a good deal.

Does anyone know the TIV for these games? if the 10% is off the original price, could we use the eternal 10% off coupon (that thread says it stacks with the edge card.) so you could theoretically get the game for $9? I'm going to try it tommorow if the TIV is good enough.

EDIT: Nevermind, TIV is $5 for kung fu panda, $6 for lego indiana jones. or $8 as the double pack. Not a bad idea if your trying to reach that 40% tier with a 6 game trade in though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='raarar']Does anyone know the TIV for these games? if the 10% is off the original price, could we use the eternal 10% off coupon (that thread says it stacks with the edge card.) so you could theoretically get the game for $9? I'm going to try it tommorow if the TIV is good enough.

EDIT: Nevermind, TIV is $5 for kung fu panda, $6 for lego indiana jones. or $8 as the double pack. Not a bad idea if your trying to reach that 40% tier with a 6 game trade in though.[/quote]
No. The price for the game is a "promo" and does not stack with coupon/other promo unless the manager/employee overrides the computer.(which they won't) The only reason edge card works is because it stacks with everything.

(Even if it did stack you would get it for like 10.50 not 9)

I picked this up off fleabay to play with my daughter a few weeks ago (sealed for $11 shipped).

I was surprised that the Kung Fu Panda game is playable and, of course, the Indy game is great.

Thanks OP, I would've looked right past the GS ad in my email after checking the coupon for this week
Went to the store about 30mins ago and they had a Brand New/Sealed copy in the drawer

Here's my receipt for the none believers, $12.92 after tax and EDGE card
LIJ-KFPGSReceipt.jpg
I'd go with eBay though if you don't mind the wait.

[quote name='The End']They calculated the 10% discount from the normal price and not the sale price? I find that hard to believe. Is it possible that you just got a store clerk who didn't know what he was doing?

Can anyone else out there confirm that they take the 10% off of the pre-sale price?[/QUOTE]

Yes, picked up the bundle and The Thing($3.99) for the xbox, only owed about $16.eighty-something including tax.

nice, now why did we need a new thread to explain and announce this? not trying to be a d*ck, but this is already in the normal gamestop weekly coupon thread.

Aye edge card takes 10% off original price ... for example the gameboy 75% off clearence.

A 10$ game at 75% off is 2.50 with the edge card on top it's 1.50 ... many a cheap pokemons :D

Got it yesterday and loving it. Probably not much replayability in Lego once you find everything, but still nice. Haven't tried Kung Fu Panda yet.

I have all the double pack ins. Marvel Ultimate/Forza 2, Sega Tennis/Arcade, and now Lego IJ/Kung Fu Panda. I usually wait until they hit the 14.99 or under price range to pick them up. I even have the Sega GT/JSRF, SW Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds pack ins from the original XBox.

Oh, and I DID get the Edge discount off the original price, not the discounted price, so $3 off instead of $1.50. It's not the first time I've had that happen, either.

[quote name='bmachine']10% off of $15 isn't $3, it's $1.50. Something's wiggy.[/quote]

It's 10% off of the $30 dollars, the actual price.

Unlike some Used Deals Of the Week, which is really a markdown they keep after the week, this time they are giving 50% off the game as if you had a coupon for it. So, the EDGE card comes first, ($3.00 dollars off) and you get the game for $12 bucks.

I paid $12.80 and was happily surprised myself!

Picked these up yesterday. I've been waiting for a good drop, but 1/2 off (+edge) was unexpected. Lego Indy is a good game (rebuying it this time) and I enjoyed the demo for Kung Fu Panda.

I picked mine up for 11.99. I used my edge card plus the everlasting gs 10% coupon posted here in cag. That is an extra 20% off the total of 14.99 which equals 11.99. Those people that say they got 10% off the total are mistaken. The register automatically rings up the price as 14.99...good night now!

[quote name='spidey35']I picked mine up for 11.99. I used my edge card plus the everlasting gs 10% coupon posted here in cag. That is an extra 20% off the total of 14.99 which equals 11.99. Those people that say they got 10% off the total are mistaken. The register automatically rings up the price as 14.99...good night now![/QUOTE]

You are mistaken. He might have scaned the 10% coupon but that does not mean that it took anything off. The used deal is a promo like the B2G1. It only stacks with edge.

[quote name='spidey35']I picked mine up for 11.99. I used my edge card plus the everlasting gs 10% coupon posted here in cag. That is an extra 20% off the total of 14.99 which equals 11.99. Those people that say they got 10% off the total are mistaken. The register automatically rings up the price as 14.99...good night now![/quote]

Yeah, the $3 discount you got was from the original price of the bundle. Edge takes of the original on the used deals of the week. The 10% off coupon didn't do anything for you, because if it had you would have gotten the game for $8.99.

[quote name='urge26']nice, now why did we need a new thread to explain and announce this? not trying to be a d*ck, but this is already in the normal gamestop weekly coupon thread.[/QUOTE]

What's the big deal? I don't spend much time going through the master threads . . . so I find it very useful when there is a break-off thread to highlight a very good deal.

[quote name='RMThompson']It's 10% off of the $30 dollars, the actual price.[/quote]

Ah, OK...that makes more sense. That wasn't clear to me just looking at the receipt.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']You are mistaken. He might have scaned the 10% coupon but that does not mean that it took anything off. The used deal is a promo like the B2G1. It only stacks with edge.[/quote]

o.k. Mr Wizard. If that's the case, why doesn't the receipt state that it's 10% off the original price?

If you do the math, 20% off the sale price of 14.99 is 2.99 which equals...are you ready for this Mr Wizard......12.00....

As I stated. When the game is scanned at the register, a discount code automatically comes up for the sale price giving you 15.00 off. That's not a coupon code, that's a promo code.

[quote name='jp0213']Yeah, the $3 discount you got was from the original price of the bundle. Edge takes of the original on the used deals of the week. The 10% off coupon didn't do anything for you, because if it had you would have gotten the game for $8.99.[/quote]
huh? are you sure you mean 8.99?

[quote name='Chlorox']Got mine for $7.25 shipped off of ebay.[/quote]

Oh you can get games for cheaper than the sale prices at Gamestop? Stop the presses.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Thanks OP, I would've looked right past the GS ad in my email after checking the coupon for this week
Went to the store about 30mins ago and they had a Brand New/Sealed copy in the drawer

Here's my receipt for the none believers, $12.92 after tax and EDGE card
LIJ-KFPGSReceipt.jpg
I'd go with eBay though if you don't mind the wait.[/quote]

but the EDGE card doesnt take 10 percent off new/sealed games?

[quote name='spidey35']huh? are you sure you mean 8.99?[/quote]

Yes, coupons and edge take off from the Original Prices. The original price of that game is $29.99 which would give you a $3 from the edge card and also for the extra 10% coupon, if it worked, which it doesn't. This weeks sale price is $14.99 - $3 for edge = $11.99. If the 10% coupon had worked it would then be $11.99 - $3 for coupon = $8.99. However, since the coupon doesn't work with used deals of the week it's a moot point.

[quote name='jp0213']Yes, coupons and edge take off from the Original Prices. The original price of that game is $29.99 which would give you a $3 from the edge card and also for the extra 10% coupon, if it worked, which it doesn't. This weeks sale price is $14.99 - $3 for edge = $11.99. If the 10% coupon had worked it would then be $11.99 - $3 for coupon = $8.99. However, since the coupon doesn't work with used deals of the week it's a moot point.[/quote]
o.k., this is math 101. 10%of 11.99 is not 3 dollars at most I will give you is 2. Please tell me how a 10% off coupon comes out to 3 dollars off an 11.99 item.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, but this is getting old.

[quote name='spidey35']o.k., this is math 101. 10%of 11.99 is not 3 dollars at most I will give you is 2. Please tell me how a 10% off coupon comes out to 3 dollars off an 11.99 item.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, but this is getting old.[/quote]

[quote name='jp0213']Yes, coupons and edge take off from the Original Prices. The original price of that game is $29.99 which would give you a $3 from the edge card and also for the extra 10% coupon, if it worked.[/quote]

Question answered.

[quote name='spidey35']o.k., this is math 101. 10%of 11.99 is not 3 dollars at most I will give you is 2.[/quote]
Umm, 10% of 11.99 is 1.199. You do know how this works, right?

But I don't know why people keep saying it's not 10% off of the original price of $30. There are 2 full pages of others saying it is, just in this thread. Everyone just wants to correct someone else. Like I did in the first line of this post.

Any way to get this to show up on the GameStop website? I want to check inventory to see which stores have it in stock locally.

[quote name='jp0213']Question answered.[/quote]

I understand what everyone is saying, but the sale price of the game is not based on you having an edge card. If I walked into an gamestop right now and bought that game w/o an edge card, the price is 14.99. This is the reason why I am telling you how I got mine at 11.99

Didn't know about this deal. But since I don't have an EDGE card, it would have costed $14.99 + tax for me. Just snagged a brand new sealed copy off ebay for $15.50 + free shipping. I suggest all others interested in this bundle that don't have a EDGE card to pick it up there for a new copy with the same price.

bread's done
Back