BestBuyGamer.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The growing pressure from retailers to lose the "ass" and the continued fear of being dropped from more affiliate programs have basically forced me to sell the site. I have spent a lot of time and money on CAG and I didn't want to be left with nothing. Best Buy Co., Inc. made me a fair offer for the site and I took it. The new site will feature all the best deals from Best Buy. It will take about 48 hours for the new domain name, BestBuyGamer.com to take effect and a few days longer for the content of the site to be swapped out with the new Best Buy content.
Thank you for your support over the past year.

-CheapyD

I will crush their skulls with heavy stones for what they have done to you.

But since it was you who souled out....

You'll be next.

Sad to hear, but understandable. This place was my favorite site for last 6 months. I hope there is still something to come back to. This makes me hate Best Buy that much more. Who are they to come in hear and tell you what you can and can't have on your website. Asses.

You needn't feel guilty about becoming a corporate sell-out. Plenty of people do so everyday because there's more money to be made this way. Hopefully, Best Buy won't completely ruin the site (refuse to advertise deals from competitors, etc.), but I guess we'll see in good time. If things do go down hill from here, at least you had a good run with the old site. Thanks much for the last year or so of deals. It's been more than great.

will the site be interactive (forums, chat) or will it just become a "random sales crap" drop off for BB?

damn...its raining again...damn april showers...anyways, i hope all things go well with bending over and whatnot

I heard today that Best Buy is going to change their name to Ass Buy, so it'll all work out in the end.

Good one! Had me going for a minute there!
Would have been truly classic if
bestbuygamer.com was not still available for sale.

Are you kidding? April fools is mad gay, and if this is true then will deals from all over the internet(including sponsors) be posted or just bestbuy crap.

I hate to tell you guys, but I think this is pretty serious. The entrire community is going to change after the name change. We'll have grandmothers asking where to find cheap Mary Kate and Ashley games and kids looking for some new Yugioh game. I'll never come back after the change. Screw you Best Buy and you too Cheapy "The Sellout" D. This place was sort of an online home or oasis to a lot of people. Thanks for nothing now.

[quote name='Southberm']Are you kidding? April fools is mad gay, and if this is true then will deals from all over the internet(including sponsors) be posted or just bestbuy crap.[/quote]

Huh? I'm not exactly sure what you were asking (I must be showing my age) but he was only kidding.

I had a near coronary when I first read the announcement on the front page, but after I realized what today was my heart started beating again.

You know what would be funny? Well, maybe not ha-ha funny but ironic funny? What if he's serious and we all think he's joking because it's 4/1? :lol:

Well, I hope that it is a joke. However if it is not this really sucks. So are there any other sites out there? Best Buy Gamer will totally suck. Who cares about only one companies deals? That is not the type of site I am interested in. I want a site that provides a balanced report of deals out there and also provides the best deals.

Damn you corporate America...... for buying the best websites and then alienating the users.

[quote name='Indiana']Well, I hope that it is a joke. However if it is not this really sucks. So are there any other sites out there? Best Buy Gamer will totally suck. Who cares about only one companies deals? That is not the type of site I am interested in. I want a site that provides a balanced report of deals out there and also provides the best deals.

Damn you corporate America...... for buying the best websites and then alienating the users.[/quote]

Of course it is not true..if you want proof, some other user already pointed out that the domain for bestbuygamer is still not taken.

Thanks for the nice joke Cheapy :)

Thats the 3rd time today i've been had.
One more time and i'm going home.

makes me so mad i had to register to say
that youre a cheapass!
:evil:

[quote name='Indiana']Well, I hope that it is a joke. However if it is not this really sucks. So are there any other sites out there? Best Buy Gamer will totally suck. Who cares about only one companies deals? That is not the type of site I am interested in. I want a site that provides a balanced report of deals out there and also provides the best deals.

Damn you corporate America...... for buying the best websites and then alienating the users.[/quote]

Okay since the URL is still available I must believe this is a joke. Good April Fools joke BTW.

Heh, I was about to freak before I figured it out (which definitely took me more than the popular figure of "two seconds," I'll admit)... nicely done, Cheapy!

Oh no, Best Buy bought out Fat Wallet too and moved the Ass to them, so now it's FatAssWallet, which is little better than the proposed FatAssGamer.

Fellas I was coming here this morning to ask the head cheap ass what was going on... Now I see this!!!
Saw a post in Best Buy last night about their new "Sister Web Sites" program I saw BestBuyGamer.com listed as fromerly known as "cheapasGamer.com" the second s was missing but I had a bad feeling

A popular Radio Station pulled an April Fools to its listenters while I was out getting some breakfast .. Its so silly that people fall for April Fool pranks, but its mostly because they forget its April 1 :twisted:

Good one CheapyD... :shock:

Wow. You had me going there CheapyD. The first thing out of my mouth was "MOTHERfuckER! THAT fuckING SELLOUT!"

And I told myself that I wasn't going to fall for any April fools jokes today...

As WSB would say,

ZING!

Wow. Had me going there....
I was busy trying to figure out what to do...
fatwallet.com, vgtalk.com, hmm... just not as good. Save money... For what?

If this is true, oh well. Thanks CheapyD for the great time. If not - YIPEEE!!!

I was thinking in my head that for all my work the CheapyD man better give me a cut or I would have to hunt him down. I spent many hours working on this site and to hand it over to BB was gonna be WAR!

Anyways...awesome April Fools.

the entire time I was reading your post, I was thinking "Best Buy, why the F*$# would he sell the site to Best Buy?!?"

then I read a few of the responses and realized you got me :D

great one CheapyD, had me goin there for a few ;)

oops, realized I posted as a guest. mods, delete the previous one if you want.

bread's done
Back