Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/15-3/21)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=4876&pictureid=5667[/rightimg]This week's best deal is at Kmart (B&M only), who has the PS3 & 360 versions of Call of Duty: World at War for $30.

Also of interest is Toys R Us buy 1, get 1 $20 off all $39.99+ Wii, 360, and PS3 games sale. Don't forget that today is the last day for GameStop's buy 2 get 1 free used games/accessories sale.

Read on for the rest of this week's Sunday ad deals.[/preview]

I've stripped out all the MSRP items and have listed the most noteworthy items in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks Masker13 - See Masker13's ad post here

:ps3: Buy any PS3 console, get LittleBigPlanet, MLB 09, or Killzone 2 Free

:wii: Cooking Mama World Kitchen $29.99

:pc: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II $39.99
:pc: Empire: Total War $39.99

:psp: Namco Battle Collection $9.99

GameStop (Ad)
Offers good 3/13- 3/19
icontrade.gif
Trade in 2 select games, get Resident Evil 5 for $19.99
icongs_r1.gif
Rock Band Special Edition Bundle (PS3/360) $99.99

iconused.gif
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games/Accessories Ends 3/19

iconused.gif
Used Deals of the Week
:360: Condemned Criminal Origins $9.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X $4.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Outbreak $4.99

:ds: $10 off select Spongbob DS games[hiddenlist]
:ds: Drawn to Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition $19.99
:ds SpongeBob SquarePants featuring NickToons: Globs of Doom $19.99
:ds SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook Off $19.99[/hiddenlist]
:ds: $5 off select THQ DS games[hiddenlist]
:ds: WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
:ds: Drawn to Life $14.99
:ds: Paws and Claws Pampered Pets $14.99[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[/hiddenlist]

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, atchisonk

kmart.gif
Call of Duty: World at War (PS3/360) $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, stevemoco - See stevemoco's ad post here

:ps3: Buy a PS3 160 GB console, get a $50 PSN card free

icontarget.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (PSP/PS2) $18
PSP $170

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, life.exe - See life.exe's ad post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 $20 off ALL Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 games priced 39.99 or more

:wii: Save $20 when you buy Wii Fit and Wii We Ski together

:ds: Free Giratina Figure when you reserve a copy of Pokemon Platinum for $5

Last edited by a moderator:
:)360:/:ps3:/:wii:) Buy 1, Get 1 $20 off ALL Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 games priced 39.99 or more

:)wii:) Save $20 when you buy Wii Fit and Wii We Ski together

:)ds:) Free Giratina Figure when you reserve a copy of Pokemon Platinum for $5

The free Pokemon(Regigigas) started today(3/8) and lasts until March 21st.

[quote name='King Of Prussia']Nice so if I get Resident Evil 5, and get a $20 buck gift certificate, I could get two sixty buck games for 80 dollars![/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I think I read your post wrong.

[quote name='King Of Prussia']Nice so if I get Resident Evil 5, and get a $20 buck gift certificate, I could get two sixty buck games for 80 dollars![/quote]

The sale starts AFTER RE5 comes out with the gift card. So...you would by RE5 on Friday (13th) for $60 and get the gift card. Then go back 2 days later and get two games for $80-$20 gift card=$60.

Unless I am misunderstanding the OP since the sale seems worded oddly to me. Which I am...should should try and edit the OP. It should say buy 1 at original price get one at $20 off. I read it as....both would be $40.

[quote name='LegolasFett']The sale starts AFTER RE5 comes out with the gift card. So...you would by RE5 on Friday (13th) for $60 and get the gift card. Then go back 2 days later and get two games for $80-$20 gift card=$60.

Unless I am misunderstanding the OP since the sale seems worded oddly to me. Which I am...should should try and edit the OP. It should say buy 1 at original price get one at $20 off. I read it as....both would be $40.[/quote]

I just post exactly what the ad says. Basically buy two games that are $40 or more and get $20 off the total, and if you do the RE5 deal you would get $40 off.

This deal is good if you're looking to buy RE5 plus two other games. Right now, I only want to buy Star Ocean: The Last Hope, so I don't know if I can justify paying $40 - $60 for another game just to save $20.

But TRU has been doing great deals lately. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone know if Toys R Us carries Tales of Vesperia? Would be worth it to do the RE5 deal + the $20 off to get Tales and Star Ocean for $40 each.

[quote name='ferant316']Anyone know if Toys R Us carries Tales of Vesperia? Would be worth it to do the RE5 deal + the $20 off to get Tales and Star Ocean for $40 each.[/quote]
they do, but id recommend star ocean over tales of vesparia... you can pick up tales for about 30.00 all day long on ebay.

Man, the money I'm saving being a CAG is huge.

Here's my plan

Buy re5 and get 20gc on fri.
Buy sf4 and valkyria chronicles. Get 20 dollar off plus 20 more using the GC.

And return the sealed copy of sf4 at target where I saved the receipt. When I bought it last
Month.

60 + 60 + 60 - 20 - 20 - 60 = 80 dollar for full priced games.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Man, the money I'm saving being a CAG is huge.

Here's my plan

And return the sealed copy of sf4 at target where I saved the receipt. When I bought it last
Month.

60 + 60 + 60 - 20 - 20 - 60 = 80 dollar for full priced games.[/quote]

I think you're miscalculating. You're not taking into account that you already bought SF4 so techinically you bought SF4 twice.

[quote name='gamerkevin']Oh man, thats a heck of a deal, $20 off, nice, will pick couple up.
transparent_pixel.gif

iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

YUP!

Thanks for the share, OP! :)

[quote name='judgedee']I think you're miscalculating. You're not taking into account that you already bought SF4 so techinically you bought SF4 twice.[/quote]

He's also returning his copy, thus they negate each other basically.

[quote name='LegolasFett']He's also returning his copy, thus they negate each other basically.[/quote]

yea but he has -60 in his calculation. Thats why it looks like hes paying 80 for 3 new games.

[quote name='iboostjays']and of course if you buy a game and get a $20 GC, if you return that game you have to return that GC. RIGHT?[/quote]

try a gift receipt

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Man, the money I'm saving being a CAG is huge.

Here's my plan

Month.

60 + 60 + 60 - 20 - 20 - 60 = 80 dollar for full priced games.[/QUOTE]

nice fraud ... stores really need to start putting some type of their own lables on the games to keep people from doing this..

maybe use something that could only been seen under a certain type of light the store has... THe sticker glows a certain color they know its theres. If not they should have the right to call the cops (or at least ban your ass from the store)

cause your trying to rip offf the store

about the Return and keep the Gift card.. Dont even get me started on that cause the idoits who work at TRU will never understand how a gift card works and will be ripped off so many times its not funnuy

I went few months back when soul bubbles and other games came with a 10 buck gift card.... well one of the other games was a dinousar game i think battle of the giants

well i did not need the game and i take it back..... The person working the return counter credits my credit card back 30 bucks and im trying to tell them i shold only get credit back 20 since they would not take the gift card back. worker stands there for 10 mins like they dont even understand english... and i finally ask to speak to a manager and they act the same why after i tell them everything. About another 10 mins goes by and the manager looks at me and says

Just keep the extra 10....... just sad how they cant figure it out.. same thing happens when you get a 20% off total order coupons ... They refund the entire 100% instead of the 20% off bill

[quote name='slidecage']nice fraud ... stores really need to start putting some type of their own lables on the games to keep people from doing this..

maybe use something that could only been seen under a certain type of light the store has... THe sticker glows a certain color they know its theres. If not they should have the right to call the cops (or at least ban your ass from the store)

cause your trying to rip offf the store[/quote]
How is this fraud? The poster is not misrepresenting the copy of SF4 to any store.

From what I understand, they buy RE5 + 20GC. They use the GC to get SF4 and VC for an additional $80+GC. They take the new, unused copy of SF4 where they are in their right to return to Target as they have a valid receipt. No store is being taken advantage of here.

[quote name='slidecage']nice fraud ... stores really need to start putting some type of their own lables on the games to keep people from doing this..
\[/quote]
I'm really confused about the morals here. I can see it being fraud if he returns the TRU copy to a store he didnt buy it from to get credit from that store, but that's not what he's doing. He bought SF4 at Target for $60, he found out he could get it cheaper somewhere else after he had already opened the Target copy. So he is returning the TRU copy of SF4 to Target with his Target receipt. Target is not losing out in any way, its no different than if he had returned his Target copy for a full refund, and neither is Toys R Us. I've seen plenty of people suggest doing things like this many times without anyone mentioning fraud, so what's the deal with the fraud talk now?

Will this work?

Buy RE5 and keep it and the GC.

Buy Madworld(or other game that costs above 40 dollars) on Sunday, use 20 dollars off on dead space.

so dead space price is currently at: 30 dollars(didn't EA slash 10 dollars off the pice?)

Use RE5 GC on Dead space

Dead Space current price: 10 dollars!

return Madworld(or other game that costs above 40 dollars)

get RE5 and dead space for 70 dollars(+ tax)!

[quote name='williamspam91']Will this work?

Buy Madworld(or other game that costs above 40 dollars) on Sunday, use 20 dollars off on dead space.

so dead space price is currently at: 30 dollars(didn't EA slash 10 dollars off the pice?)

Use RE5 GC on Dead space

get RE5 and dead space for 70 dollars(+ tax)![/quote]
that'll be sweet if it would work.
hope someone can confirm this =)

btw, is this deal in Canada too?

[quote name='williamspam91']Will this work?

Use RE5 GC on Dead space

get RE5 and dead space for 70 dollars(+ tax)![/quote]

Both games have to be $39.99 of more, also it takes $10 off the price of each I'm looking at a receipt from Christmas presents when they had the same sale. Littlebigplanet and Prince Of Persia, each rang up at $49.99 after the Buy 2 over $39.99 get $20 off promo. Sorry for bursting your bubble, but better to know now than wait and find out then.

[quote name='Xeph820']that'll be sweet if it would work.
hope someone can confirm this =)

btw, is this deal in Canada too?[/quote]

tru usually does it so its lesser or equal value.

so if u buy madworld for 40$ and deadspace for 60$ they'll take 20$ off madworld.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I'm really confused about the morals here. I can see it being fraud if he returns the TRU copy to a store he didnt buy it from to get credit from that store, but that's not what he's doing. He bought SF4 at Target for $60, he found out he could get it cheaper somewhere else after he had already opened the Target copy. So he is returning the TRU copy of SF4 to Target with his Target receipt. Target is not losing out in any way, its no different than if he had returned his Target copy for a full refund, and neither is Toys R Us. I've seen plenty of people suggest doing things like this many times without anyone mentioning fraud, so what's the deal with the fraud talk now?[/quote]
Well Target is losing a sale of SF IV at $60 that was made in the past before a better deal showed up... They may then not be able to get rid of their entire stock at that price. It's not fraud. However, Target is losing out.

[quote name='williamspam91']
[/quote]

Since when is Dead Space $30? EA slashed the price from $60 to $50.

[quote name='anch']try a gift receipt[/quote]

If trying to return a game to TRU with a gift receipt to try and keep the GC, chances are it's a no go. This also affects store credit exchanges.

TRU has changed how they ring up promotional deals and this is reflected when you use gift receipts. When it comes to GC, TRU now discounts the game upfront and charges you the amount for the GC. So if you got in on the Killzone2 deal last week, look at your receipt. While you still paid 59.99+tax and got the $10 GC, the receipt shows the game at 49.99 and $10 for a $10 GC. When you take the game back, TRU automatically defaults the game value to 49.99 unless you have the GC that came with it.

Even if you give the game away as a gift, they will only honor 49.99 as the exchange value. I've seen customer service do this now as normal policy.

so if you bought 2 games that is $50 each.
Which is $100 total, they take $20 off 1 game. so that is. $50 + $30.
When you return the $50 game, how much would you get back?
$50 dollars or would they only give you $30 because of the minus -$20
Im so confused lol.

*edit* i kinda get it now after the guy above me posted.
So basically, if you returned any of the 2 games at the same price you bought it yet. minus the $20. You get the lowest value back then eh? lol unless i'm wrong again

[quote name='ferant316']Both games have to be $39.99 of more, also it takes $10 off the price of each I'm looking at a receipt from Christmas presents when they had the same sale. Littlebigplanet and Prince Of Persia, each rang up at $49.99 after the Buy 2 over $39.99 get $20 off promo. Sorry for bursting your bubble, but better to know now than wait and find out then.[/quote] damn, that does make sense. :(

thanks for warning me ahead of time....

Oh well. At least I'll get the $20 g.c. to use on something.... maybe the next COD?

I know I deserve the heat I am about to receive(rightfully so), BUT, I really want the collectors edition of RE5 and I already have more than half paid off @ BB, so what I was thinking was... I buy RE5 @ TRU, but* I ask the cashier to give me the game with a gift receipt, that way I get the GC and I return next week to return said game for store credit and I get to take advantage of the promotion along w/my GC!!! Let the hate begin....

[quote name='Xeph820']so if you bought 2 games that is $50 each.
Im so confused lol.

So basically, if you returned any of the 2 games at the same price you bought it yet. minus the $20. You get the lowest value back then eh? lol unless i'm wrong again[/quote]
Like someone said they will probably take the money off both games, so $40 each. If not then you may have trouble trying to return the more expensive one by itself. It's not good to try and get 'better' deals out of legitimate deals unless you don't want to see legitimate deals be offerred anymore because it becomes not worth it for the stores.

[quote name='dapunisure']I know I deserve the heat I am about to receive(rightfully so), BUT, I really want the collectors edition of RE5 and I already have more than half paid off @ BB, so what I was thinking was... I buy RE5 @ TRU, but* I ask the cashier to give me the game with a gift receipt, that way I get the GC and I return next week to return said game for store credit and I get to take advantage of the promotion along w/my GC!!! Let the hate begin....[/quote]
Won't work and they make it that way (so it won't work). Because this actually would be fraud. You're saying you would buy RE5 get $20 GC, return RE5 with gift receipt, get $60 back & keep your $20 GC and use it when this promotion starts.

Thanks for the ad, OP!

The B1G1 $20 off is decent, but nothing spectacular.

[quote name='YANNIC']If trying to return a game to TRU with a gift receipt to try and keep the GC, chances are it's a no go. This also affects store credit exchanges.

TRU has changed how they ring up promotional deals and this is reflected when you use gift receipts. When it comes to GC, TRU now discounts the game upfront and charges you the amount for the GC. So if you got in on the Killzone2 deal last week, look at your receipt. While you still paid 59.99+tax and got the $10 GC, the receipt shows the game at 49.99 and $10 for a $10 GC. When you take the game back, TRU automatically defaults the game value to 49.99 unless you have the GC that came with it.

Even if you give the game away as a gift, they will only honor 49.99 as the exchange value. I've seen customer service do this now as normal policy.[/quote]

Oh wow! I didnt see this earlier, disregard my earlier post and I thank you good sir for saving me not only time & money but embarrasment *shakes head in dissapointment

[quote name='YANNIC']If trying to return a game to TRU with a gift receipt to try and keep the GC, chances are it's a no go. This also affects store credit exchanges.

Even if you give the game away as a gift, they will only honor 49.99 as the exchange value. I've seen customer service do this now as normal policy.[/QUOTE]

TRU does not charge for "free" gift cards. I don't know where you are located, but here in California it's against the law to do so.

[quote name='J7.']Like someone said they will probably take the money off both games, so $40 each. If not then you may have trouble trying to return the more expensive one by itself. It's not good to try and get 'better' deals out of legitimate deals unless you don't want to see legitimate deals be offerred anymore because it becomes not worth it for the stores.

Won't work and they make it that way (so it won't work). Because this actually would be fraud. You're saying you would buy RE5 get $20 GC, return RE5 with gift receipt, get $60 back & keep your $20 GC and use it when this promotion starts.[/quote]

Unethical maybe, fraud I dunno about that. Right after Christmas time with that whole Soul Bubbles for 10 bucks and you got a 10 gift card thing I bought a few for Christmas gifts. I ended up with a few extras that I couldn't really do much with so I returned two copies with the gift receipt and they gave me store credit on a gift card. I still had the gift card with 20 bucks on it left over from originally purchasing the two copies to boot. I wasn't trying to purposely scam them it was just that there was no way for them to discharge the gift card. That was back in mid-January so I highly doubt they have changed their policy since.

cause your trying to rip offf the store

about the Return and keep the Gift card.. Dont even get me started on that cause the idoits who work at TRU will never understand how a gift card works and will be ripped off so many times its not funnuy

I went few months back when soul bubbles and other games came with a 10 buck gift card.... well one of the other games was a dinousar game i think battle of the giants

well i did not need the game and i take it back..... The person working the return counter credits my credit card back 30 bucks and im trying to tell them i shold only get credit back 20 since they would not take the gift card back. worker stands there for 10 mins like they dont even understand english... and i finally ask to speak to a manager and they act the same why after i tell them everything. About another 10 mins goes by and the manager looks at me and says

Just keep the extra 10....... just sad how they cant figure it out.. same thing happens when you get a 20% off total order coupons ... They refund the entire 100% instead of the 20% off bill[/quote]
How is this fraud? That is not fraud. If he returns the exact same product, in the same condition that he bought it, with the receipt, no less. Then technically he has done nothing wrong. Maybe you mean, it's unethical. But by no means is it fraud. And about the gift card. He merely found a loophole. Because TRU will still have his money and he would not have returned the game to them.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU does not charge for "free" gift cards. I don't know where you are located, but here in California it's against the law to do so.[/quote]

they charged me in California. according to my receipt

I see

Killzone 2 49.99
Promo TRU gift card 10.00

Charge tax on Killzone 2

[quote name='Xeph820']so if you bought 2 games that is $50 each.
Im so confused lol.

So basically, if you returned any of the 2 games at the same price you bought it yet. minus the $20. You get the lowest value back then eh? lol unless i'm wrong again[/quote]

Yea when it comes to the $20 off the one game it in the past just takes $10 off each game. So you wont be able to buy the one and return the cheaper one.

Oh and to follow in the lines with the rest of the thread.

Fraud...its fraud....everything is fraud...you bought a game your committed fraud congrats.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU does not charge for "free" gift cards. I don't know where you are located, but here in California it's against the law to do so.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='judgedee']they charged me in California. according to my receipt

I see

Killzone 2 49.99
Promo TRU gift card 10.00

Charge tax on Killzone 2[/QUOTE]

I guess I could have been more specific.

I wasn't referring to the Kill Zone 2 gift card deal in particular. The KZ gift card was just regular gift cards without an expiration date so those could be charged for.

I was referring to gift card deals that have expiration dates on the gift cards. The RE5 deal has the $20 gift card that expires 4/30. "Free" gift cards that have an expiration date can not be charged by law.

I want to buy Star Ocean 4 and Legends of WrestleMania. LoWM doesn't come out until the 24th. Can I buy Star Ocean 4 and pay for Legends and get the 20 off on that or does the game have to be in store? If that is not allowed, could I buy Star Ocean 4 and another game for 20 off? Then a couple of days later exchange the 2nd game and still get 20 off on LoWM?

[quote name='wildcpac']I want to buy Star Ocean 4 and Legends of WrestleMania. LoWM doesn't come out until the 24th. Can I buy Star Ocean 4 and pay for Legends and get the 20 off on that or does the game have to be in store? If that is not allowed, could I buy Star Ocean 4 and another game for 20 off? Then a couple of days later exchange the 2nd game and still get 20 off on LoWM?[/QUOTE]

That would be an no on both.

Ooo ok. I thought people were able to exchange games when they did Buy 2 Get 1 free and the 3rd game that they wanted wasn't in store yet.

[quote name='wildcpac']Ooo ok. I thought people were able to exchange games when they did Buy 2 Get 1 free and the 3rd game that they wanted wasn't in store yet.[/QUOTE]

It would be because the 2 games in the B2G1 are regular price for exchanges. The games are not discounted. Since this weeks deal is $$ off, the discounted sale prices will not be in effect the week after.

[quote name='Moffman82']Unethical maybe, fraud I dunno about that. Right after Christmas time with that whole Soul Bubbles for 10 bucks and you got a 10 gift card thing I bought a few for Christmas gifts. I ended up with a few extras that I couldn't really do much with so I returned two copies with the gift receipt and they gave me store credit on a gift card. I still had the gift card with 20 bucks on it left over from originally purchasing the two copies to boot. I wasn't trying to purposely scam them it was just that there was no way for them to discharge the gift card. That was back in mid-January so I highly doubt they have changed their policy since.[/quote]
But the price was reduced and you purchased the $10 GC as well right? If you buy a game at reduced price and get the GC, & keep the GC and return the game for full price, as in that RE5 example, you scammed the store out of $20. They would be paying you $20 for returning an old purchase. I am pretty sure that is fraud.

niiice. I'm going to get RE5 with the free $20 gc then buy RE5 again for my friend using the $20 gc, i'll probably grab one more game as well since its $20 off. Pretty good deal.

bread's done
Back