Halo Wars Limited Edition $68 - Buy.com SHIPPED

[quote name='gamerkevin']68 bucks, hope the price comes down a little.
[/QUOTE]

68 dollars is actually not too bad for what some stores are selling it for right now

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Question is it illegal to buy at best buy tomorrow and return the 3 that come in the mail to best buy?[/quote]
i guess it's ok but if you get a different sku number then you're pretty much screwed on the return. :x

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Question is it illegal to buy at best buy tomorrow and return the 3 that come in the mail to best buy?[/quote]

Without a receipt I would say yes. With a receipt.. it's sort of shady but I do it a lot. I'm about to pick up the copy I reserved at gamestop tomorrow and return my buy.com copy when I get it. I ordered it awhile back for sixty something, but they sent me an email the other day saying they were backordered.

Yeah, I placed an order back on the 5th of Feb, and I keep getting emails that they won't be able to fill the order. So buyer beware. Since they can't fill orders place a month ago, it is pretty shady to have it still listed.

[quote name='gamerkevin']68 bucks, hope the price comes down a little.
[/quote]Ya thats really not much of a price drop but I guess it will get them some more sales and then hopefully they can be nice and give it to me for like 40$, that is a little more reasonable
pixel.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget search.live.com, for 1% to 5% cashback from buy.com. I'll be waiting, personally. Somewhat decent reviews usually mean a drop before the year is over, but the free map packs are tempting, hmm.

[quote name='raarar']Without a receipt I would say yes. With a receipt.. it's sort of shady but I do it a lot. I'm about to pick up the copy I reserved at gamestop tomorrow and return my buy.com copy when I get it. I ordered it awhile back for sixty something, but they sent me an email the other day saying they were backordered.[/quote]
how long do i have to return to bestbuy?

[quote name='emeraldgsl']i pre ordered on 2/7...no email yet...in process status[/quote]
Same here, except mine was preordered 2/23.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Mine shipped today with an estimated delivery of tomorrow. Preordered on Feb 5th.[/quote]
u pay for premium shipping?

so guys question haha is it in stock? Cuz i see nothing that says its out, possibly back ordered? Ummmm Backinblack did you pay premium for shipping?

Mine still hasn't shipped, stuck in the limbo of processing. Hopefully it'll ship out in the next few hours.

Edit: I ordered on 2/5, free shipping.

Mine shipped and it will be here the 5th. Maybe it has to do with your shipping speed? I just pre-ordered Friday, I believe.

My status is still "processing" but I got another email from them statsing that they are trying to fill the order and waiting on the manufacturer to get it in stock. Dammit, this really isnt a "limited" game. I went to Gamestop earlier and they had a ton. Picked one up and will return this one to GS when I get it. Had to do the same with Street Fighter 4. I will never pre-order stuff from them again.

Hey oyla10....what shipping did u choose? Cuz I pre-ordered like 1 month ago with free ship.

flex45, thanks for the expert review I know I should have waited for your detailed review. :p

Just got an e-mail saying mine shipped. Ordered 3/2.

After seeing all the ridiculous deals on the standard edition though ($40 at Game Daily :hot:) I'm really hoping that graphic novel is worth the extra scratch since I could really care less about the other fluff that comes with it. Yes, even the Mythic Map Pack; I can't remember the last time I played Halo 3.

O and this being my first post here I feel obliged to say that I think might be my new favorite site. I've found a ridiculous amount of good deals here the past few days. You folks are awesome :D

Flex I disagree with you, this game is going to be awesome. The skirmishes are a lot of fun on the demo already.

And emerald, I paid the 5.50 for 2 day shipping. I wish I would have done the free one, bought a local one and returned it like everyone else seems to be doing. Almost like paying $5 to not have to do that, ha. Oh well.

[quote name='flex45']this game is garbage[/quote]

Don't come into threads to be an ass and talk shit about the game. If you don't like the like game why click on a thread about the game....

and is the LE worth 68$?

[quote name='Mako1215']Don't come into threads to be an ass and talk shit about the game. If you don't like the like game why click on a thread about the game....

and is the LE worth 68$?[/quote]

That's personal opinion I suppose. It comes in a tin case (like all Limited Editions) and includes a graphic novel describing the events leading up to the game, a Spirit of Fire patch (like an actual patch you'd sew onto a jacket), six leader cards (which appear to be six cards with artwork of the game's main characters on it), access to the "Honor Guard Wraith" in-game which is just a Wraith with a fancier skin, and a code to download the Mythic map pack for Halo 3.

Really the only compelling things in that lot as far as I'm concerned are the graphic novel, which is penned by Eric Nylund :D, and the Mythic map pack. I'd say if you play Halo 3 and you're going to inevitably drop the cash on the map pack anyway then it's probably worth it. If you're like me and haven't played Halo 3 in ages and have no real reason to download the Mythic maps then I suppose it depends on how compelling the other pieces of schwag are for you.

The LE is definitely worth it, especially considering you can sell the Mythic maps for like $40 or $50 on eBay.

As far as the quality of this game goes, it has an 82 on Metacritic. Kind of hard to believe it is "garbage."

I ordered back in January and so far I've got 3 emails telling me it's back ordered, I hate the waiting game but I love saving money.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The LE is definitely worth it, especially considering you can sell the Mythic maps for like $40 or $50 on eBay.

As far as the quality of this game goes, it has an 82 on Metacritic. Kind of hard to believe it is "garbage."[/quote]

A little off-topic, but the only reason it's at an 82 and not higher is because everyone compares it to a PC RTS, which isn't fair. As a console RTS, it's an amazing game, and the employees from Ensemble who started Robot Monkey or something have said they will continue to make DLC.

Playable Flood, anyone???

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The LE is definitely worth it, especially considering you can sell the Mythic maps for like $40 or $50 on eBay.

As far as the quality of this game goes, it has an 82 on Metacritic. Kind of hard to believe it is "garbage."[/quote]

That price on completed Mythic Map Pack auctions won't last much longer, as the maps will be on the Marketplace sometime in the next week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']That price on completed Mythic Map Pack auctions won't last much longer, as the maps will be on the Marketplace sometime in the next week.[/quote]

The maps won't be out that soon. They are due sometime in late April-early summer.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']The maps won't be out that soon. They are due sometime in late April-early summer.[/quote]

Maps are rumored to be coming out March 31st. I still can't fucking believe Bungie pulled this shit. I really want those Mythic Maps and I also want Halo Wars, but the game does not warrant a $70 purchase if you ask me...

[quote name='DarkRider23']Maps are rumored to be coming out March 31st. I still can't fucking believe Bungie pulled this shit. I really want those Mythic Maps and I also want Halo Wars, but the game does not warrant a $70 purchase if you ask me...[/quote]

get used to it. it's the marketing wave of the future.

wow i have a buy.com facility near me, mine shipped yesterday and received it today. Guess i have to take back being mad about it being "backordered"

:whistle2:#

bread's done
Back