CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Street_Fighter_IV_Wallpaper_by_Nekr.jpg

PS3 BRACKET
CAGbracket2-1.jpg
POST YOUR WINS IN THE THREAD PLEASE

XBOX 360 BRACKET TEXT

Day One April 22nd(PS3) & April 29th(360)
FIRST ROUND ( STARTING 32)
TIME FRAME : 530PM PST- 730PM PST
You have TWO HOURS to play ONE Match!

Second Round ( SWEET 16)
TIME FRAME: 7:30PM PST - 9:30PM PST
You have TWO HOURS To play your SECOND Match

Day Two April 23rd (PS3) & April 30th(360)
Third Round ( Elite 8)
Time Frame : 6:00 PM PST-6:45 PM PST
You have 45 MINS To play This Round!

Fourth Round ( Final Four)

Time Frame: 7:00-7:45 PM PST
Another 45 Mins to play This Match!

GRAND FINALS
Time Frame: 8:00 PM PST - 8:30 PM PST

You have 30 Mins to play the FINAL Match!

1) u can use any character any round
if you win the first match, you must use the same character you just won with
if you lost the first match, you can use any character( same rules if u win the 2nd match)
2) Best Two Out of 3 Matches, Best Two out of Three Rounds
3) if there are more then 32 people we would do pre-lim matches to get into the

official bracket those would be held a day before
4) there would be a time limit of when u had to have ur match played.
5) if someone doesnt show and doesnt post in the thread, the person who did post advances
6) if u forfeit or cannot make it PM me

7) if there are by some miracle back to back double KO's, then u replay
8) if someone wins one round within that match and then there is a draw, that player who won one round is the winner.
9) if u cannot make it by the time period you forfeited.
10) if one person is here and the other person doesnt show, the person who is here on cag will advance, pm me like 5 mins before time expires or 10.
11) Please check in in this thread on tournament day so i know you were waiting for your opponent otherwise you both will be dq'ed

seeding would be based off the tournament zerotypex is currently hosting.
and the rest would be random draw
, if not it will be random draw

a few questions
1) what application do u guys use to generate brackets?
2) anyone willing to donate prizes?
3) what chat room site should we use?

the reason i opted for a 2 day tourney is just for convenience for CAGers, since i know random crap turns up daily

any ideas or suggestions?

i also opted for once a month so its a big deal each month and CAGs can train/practice to improve.
Tourney Name would be the CAG SFIV Monthly Classic Tournament #1 , just for kicks.

any help is greatly appreciated :)

PS3 Tournament on April (WEDNESDAY) 22nd & 23rd(Thursday)
Xbox 360 Tournament on April 29th(Wednesday) and 30th(Thursday)

Please Sign Up Now.
Please Do not sign up if u wont even have your copy of SF4 in lol.
This is my first ever tourney I will admin,
Any ideas on how to get guys who are say about to face one another to sync times?

Please Post

CAG NAME
PSN/XBL Name
Suggestions

I will gather the names on a weekly basis, if the tournament Grows very large, i might ask someone for help to manage the ps3 one or something.

If You are NOT in the first 32 of your respective consoles, you will have to play a preliminary match against the bottom of the list.

Example
so... person #32 on ps3 would play the winner of prelim match A, person #33 would play the winner of prelim match B, ect.

PS3 Entries for April 18 OR 19 ONE DAY tourney
Please PM me a week ahead if u cannot make it or if u want off the list :/
1) CAG : Furashu
PSN : Dunkindoanuts

2) CAG: Jest
PSN: Jest311

3) CAG: notorious_pip
PSN: notorious_pip

4) CAG NAME = woodcan
PSN Name = fleshribbon

5) cag:imok
psnid: spinningbeat

6) CAG: gigan54
PS3 : gigan54

7)CAG: Roa
PSN : shikiDELACROIX

8) CAG: JEKKI
PSN: JEKKI

9) Cag: Shadowrep
PS3: Shadowrep

10) CAG: Kuromimi
PSN: Yuber108

11) CAG:Bretts31344
PSN: MGS4_Ocelot_08

12) CAG: youruglyclone
PSN: youruglyclone

13) CAG: Mr. Beef
PSN: ProfessorBeef

14)CAG: option.iv
PSN: option-iv

15) CAG: Thomas96
PSN: Thomaticus

16) CAG Name : Gamehead
PSN : Gaius317

17) CAG: Esper
PSN: Esper15

18) CAG NAME: bullish23
PSN Name: bullish23

19) CAG: MSUHitman
PSN: MSUHitman

20) cag id: Shannon_Wright
psn id: Shannon_Wright

21) CAG: SmallWind
PSN: SmallWind

22) cag trajin
ps3 trajin

23)
CAG: akimukwa
PSN: akimukwa

24) cag: bobo2k4
psn: bobo2k4

25) djbooba
PSN: djdewicon

26) PSN: suko_32
XBL: suko32

27) CAG Name: RelentlessRolento
PSN: Rolento

28) CAG:mykevermin
PSN: ProfessorMurder

29) CAG alias: Hostile
PSN alias: HostileFire

30) CAG: Darkkenpachi
PSN: Kenpachiexodia
XBOX 360 Entries
2)CAG: yukine
XBL: ratzombie

3) CAG: notorious_pip
XBL: EZ Mister P

4) CAG: Arikado
XBL: Arikado

5) CAG NAME = woodcan
XBL Name = fleshribbon

6) CAG: JEKKI
XBL: JEKKISTYLE

7) CAG: Jimbo Slice
XBL: Jim Foley

8) Ronin317
XBL Ronin317

9) CAG: Kuromimi
XBL: Kuromimi

10) CAG Name : PhrostByte
XBL :
DimaBraun

11) CAG: Socheata
XBL: Sochie

12) sleepy180
xbox - BabaIu

13)CAG Name: GenghisJohn
XBL Name: Ivan Drago27

14) CAG: Azumangaman
XBL: Azumangaman

15) CAG: yogadama123
Xbox Live: pradu3

16) CAG: shinryuu
XBL: awwjayzin

17) CAG: Gillums
XBL : Gillums

18) Cag Dandeschain
XBL Danmagz

19) CAG: ihadFG
XBL: ihadFG

20) CAG: Diyomaro
XBL: Diyomaro Z

21) CAG: SmallWind
XBL: Z3R0 GaME

22) CAG Name: dman1869
XBL: EBK DmanIzBack

23) CAG: IvanHood
XBL: Ivan Hood

23) CAG: Liu Bei
XBL: Mmeeva

24) CAG : Integralsmatic
XBL: SoldatCrinale

25) CAG: blackflag
XBL: bl4ckfl4g

26) Cag name : Benjamouth
Live Gamertag : the Woodmeister

27) CAG:BackinBlack
XBL:TooLateForRoses

28) cag id: sleepy180
xbox gt: BabaIu

29) CAG:s2k
XBL: DoggGT
Anyone who donates Fighting Game Stuff or SF4 Promo Items as a prize will have their Trade Lists Featured On this thread and on the PMs i send out and on the next month's Tourney!

the cooler or "better" your donation is the bigger your trade list will be shown. :)

PRIZES
1) Winner of each respective tournament will receive choice of one of the following items. Sorry 2nd place gets a good job and e-high five :)

CHEWY35 Has Opted to Donate Some Street Fighter Manga,
1)All four volumes of this SF Manga
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Bonus-Stage-v/dp/1897376006/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b
AWESOME
2) 15th anny SF figure, Akuma, Honda, Chun theyre like 2.5 inches tall...
3)the Hadouken button input t-shirt * THANKS JEKKI!

Potential prizes people PM'd me about!
NOT CONFIRMED yet,
20th Anniversary SF Figurines still in their box!
the SF Blu-ray that comes with the LE box set!
The Ryu Figurined that comes with the LE box set
a SF patch
SNK vs CAPCOM Chaos

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestions from my end.

We should use the standard of 2/3 rounds. Maybe do 2/3 matches instead of one. It should also be default of 99 seconds.

Also, single elim is fine, but what about double elim for future events as well?

Lol whoops typo, yeah 99 seconds

why opt for best 2 outta 3 instead of 3 outta 5?

ive only taken part in single elim, how does double work?

nothing is finalized yet, most likely everything will be by the 20th.

im trying to keep it as simple as possible as its the first tourney, look at the other tourney thats already jacked up.

people donno who theyre playing next and all that junk.

are there sites to manage brackets so folks can see it live instead of me using excel or something and having to update constantly? lol

my first suggestion would be to let markman have complete creative control over the event and rules.

My second suggestion would be to have a 1st post that is big and clear and clean and updated every day.

My third suggestion would be no ken's or blanka's allowed....i have so much trouble with them as abel damnit.

[quote name='sleepy180']my first suggestion would be to let markman have complete creative control over the event and rules.

My second suggestion would be to have a 1st post that is big and clear and clean and updated every day.

My third suggestion would be no ken's or blanka's allowed....i have so much trouble with them as abel damnit.[/quote]

no markman has no experience running fighting game tournaments.;)

Like the idea, but it needs some heavy refinement.....

If you're looking to get legitimate results, I highly recommend doing 3 out of 5 rounds, first to 3 matches wins.

Not everyone can always connect to one another due to NAT / other internet crazy talk, so make sure you're on point in being flexible with switching opponents to ensure that everyone gets to play

Don't try to put in any silly character bans

Make a 1st post that is, well, as sleepy said, big and clear and clean and updated every day

Take a lot of input from all the players

Force people to forfeit if they are unable to play in the time period

get ready for the biggest tourney to hit CHEAPASSGAMER.
roar

now all we need is prizes and people who wanna play.

Time Limit
It will be Hopefully a Four Hour Span on Day One.
so First Round for example would be from 6PM-8PM, then whoever doesnt report is DQ'd and whoever did advances
Second Round for example would be from 8PM-10PM, then whoever doesnt report is DQ'd

Next day would run smoother since its only Eight people.
this would be in a 2 Hour window.
Elite Eight would be say from 6-645, Final Four would be say 645-715, Finals would be 715-745
thats enough time to take a bathroom break and eat between your matches or play another game all together!!!!!

make the matches best of 3 rounds plz!! I hate best of 5!

also since you plan on doing this often, I would say make the tournaments short, single match, single elim a la japanese style.

the standard that MM talked about, best of two matches and double elim, is American style. I donno, I like JPN style since it means u cannot slack, u always gotta be on point and be prepared for anything.

lastly, since u do plan on making this a regular thing... we need RANKINGS! Figure out a point system that we get to see who's the best. Like, 1st place gets 4 points, 4th place gets 1 point, and in between gets accordingly.

hey jekki as for RANKINGs/Seedings we cannot really determine that yet.
well i kinda wanted to use the other tourney for seedings but that doesnt look like itll happen.

if i could just get a broad idea of top 8 SF4 players on CAG just so i dont put hypothetically #1 vs #2 against each other in rd 1.

early tourneys are hard because people will bitch about seedings and first round matchups but whatever thats why its a monthly thing.

after this tournament itll be seeded in order of the final 8, whoever is on the final 8 gets pts. then everyone else gets nothing.
that way each month people have something to work for ie getting into the top 8.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']If you're looking to get legitimate results, I highly recommend doing 3 out of 5 rounds, first to 3 matches wins.

Don't try to put in any silly character bans

Make a 1st post that is, well, as sleepy said, big and clear and clean and updated every day

Take a lot of input from all the players

Force people to forfeit if they are unable to play in the time period[/quote]

Pretty much what I was going to recommend, but c'mon, why not 5 round games? I hate 3 round games. >_

On prizes, do you want there to be new items only, SF related, opened items ok, etc.? I'm pretty sure I can find some stuff to give away.

Hmmmmmmmm i prefer SF stuff, or any fighting game stuff.

anything is good since we dont have anything yet!

please PM me on what u had in Mind or AIM me on AIm : dunkindoanuts

open items are a-okay!

Anyone willing to donate SF4 promo items?

I'm in favor of 3 rounds, best 2 of 3 matches, single elimination. Although, I don't mind double elimination if that was put through.

That reminds me, I need to make sure my NAT type is set to open.

wow look some prizes already donated

PRIZES
CHEWY35 Has Opted to Donate Some Street Fighter Manga, a Street Fighter2/ Other Fighting Game Plug n Play Device!!!
AWESOME

We're doing it big at this tourney, this is the real deal for all yall who cant fly to EVO and want some CAG stardom.

Im gonna ask Cheapy to feature the winner on the front page or a Mod!

Looking good, I'll sign up for the 360 tournament. I just got my SFIV in today, but the tournament isn't until the 25th so I should be ready to go then.

CAG: yukine
XBL: ratzombie

Vote best of 3 people!

Alright sign me up for this. This better not be a Gong Show, Fu. Keep advertising in the FGT and GGT but dont get all annoying :p You just need to remind me somehow is all.

CAG: Jest
Best 2 matches of 3... 2/3 Rounds.

Sign me up.

CAG: notorious_pip
PSN: notorious_pip
XBL: EZ Mister P

One suggestion I have is to have best 2 out of 3 for all the matches until the semifinals/winners and losers brackets finals depending on if it's a single or double elimination style tourney. In the semifinals/winners and losers brackets finals have a best 3 out of 5. A best 5 out of 7 for the finals for a single elimination tournament and both sets of the winners of the winners and losers brackets if need be for a double elimination tournament.

[quote name='Jest']Alright sign me up for this. This better not be a Gong Show, Fu. Keep advertising in the FGT and GGT but dont get all annoying :p You just need to remind me somehow is all.

CAG: Jest
Best 2 matches of 3... 2/3 Rounds.[/quote]

for sure, not trying to spam or nothing. just get word out right now.

im opting against double elmination because it would make things HELLA hard to manage with having to admin for TWO brackets and making a bracket on the go with the losers or whatever.

like loser goes to x or wahtever not sure how double elim works, but i think for now single elim will work.

Yea Furashu feel free to run it as you see fit.

I'll throw some one night tournies later on in double format. We did one before and they're pretty successful (as long as ppl are home).

I have it on both systems but I cannot make the posted times for PS3 given the location of my system. So, just put me down for 360 for now.

CAG NAME = woodcan
PSN/XBL Name = fleshribbon

Maybe have a warm-up round/match

updated up to roa

this tournament is fooreeeeeeeeeealz

this is the Bee's Knees

this is if U cant drive to EVO this is what CAGs will say OMG DID U SEE WHO WON CAGSF4MCT1?

please send thanks to chewy35 for offering to give freebies!
first person to do so!!

please anyone else with any fighting game guide or anything of that sort donate!

CAG:Bretts31344
PSN: MGS4_Ocelot_08
Everything looks great. Thanks for organizing this OP. If I think of something, I will post it. One match best of three works for me.

Thats cool. Now find someone to make a nice BIG clean clear bracket picture that doesn't look like some 5 minute amateur shit. that will make or break this tourney. nah not really, but it would be good.

sleepy180
xbox - BabaIu

I want in

I can play either console so which ever bracket is missing people you can stuff me there.

CAG: youruglyclone
PSN: youruglyclone
XBL: youruglyclone

Sign me up for the 360 tournament.

CAG: Socheata
XBL: Sochie

You should cap the amount of entrants for each tournament bracket at 16. If there are more participants than that, maybe do a round-robin pool before or on the tourney day (since we don't have rankings yet).

16 is way too less.

32 is perfect. if we have a little bit less there will be byes,

a bit more and we'll have prelims to get into the tourney.

itll be fair cause its random draw.

as for seeding itll be determined after this tourney.

if 2 top players play each other rd 1,its all random draw so they must deal with it for this tourney.

cant really give priority for FGT folks yet cause theres always a few dark horses.

yes everyone is welcome! the more the better!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowrep please pm me for what u have in mind

thanks for offering too! greatly appreciated :D

I'm in...

Ronin317

Now, I'm not sure what happened to my post in the FGT, but it seems to have been lost in the abyss...like it's not there at all. But I had posted that I have a Capcom Fighter's Edge club embroidered patch that I could donate as a prize...LMK

bread's done
Back