NHL 09 CAG Team 2.0 - CAG Hockey Night - On Hiatus - Have a great summer! :)

n8rockerasu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Welcome to the official home of the CAG Sex Panthers!!!

caghockeysexpantherssmall.jpg

For those of you unsure, yes, we have a regular scheduled CAG Hockey Night every Friday beginning at 8PM EST and lasting into the wee hours of the morning. There's a good chance you can catch guys for practices and whatnot throughout the week, but Friday is the day we all try to come out.

And here's your active CAG Team Roster

CAG Hockey Team Active Roster
# 2 Vulcan2422 (Vulcan7905) - Right Defenseman
# 3 Flyersfan (PsychedelicRock) - Center
# 5 Cravin_Taco_Bell (cravintacobell) - Left Defenseman
# 9 DestroVega (DestroVega) - Left Wing
#11 ChunkyB (ChunkyBasty) - Right Wing
#13 Pure Apathy (Pure Apathy) - Left Wing Dangler or Sniper
#14 SeanAmI (S3anAmI) - Right Defenseman
#15 taloncarde (Talonunt) - Right Wing
#16 Regian (Regian) - Right Defenseman
#18 cubs2321 (DarkTower80) - Right Defenseman
#19 AK85 (AK85) - Right Wing
#21 moojuice (moojuiced) - Goalie
#25 Panther1484 (ShadyMarino) - Left Wing/Goalie
#26 Mr_hockey66 (Mr hockey66) - Right Wing
#26 Wpark83 (Wpark83) - Center
#28 emg28 (emg28) - Left Wing
#37 Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Center
#38 jello00 (Jello01) - Right Wing
#39 n8rockerasu (n8rocker82) - Center
#?? Captain OBVIOU5 (Captain OBVIOU5) - ??

Former Players

#?? Azumangaman (Azumangaman) - ??
# 3 Jlin747 (Jlin747) - Right Wing
# 4 SteveMcQ (SteveMcQ) - Center
# 5 archibishopthedoge (benjabroni) - Left Defensive Defenseman
# 6 RobotChickenMk1 (RobotChickenMk1) - Center
# 7 Costa (Dr Costa) - Center
# 8 icecreamandcows (Abcevan) - Left Wing
#10 danked (Danked) - Right Wing
#12 Jek Porkins (RedSix66) - Right Wing
#17 flybrione (bigmes) - Right Wing
#17 lordwow (Wowous) - Right Defenseman
#20 II ToLmEs II (Tolmes) - Goalie
#21 PenguinoMF (PenguinoMF) - Right Wing
#22 CheapyD (CheapyD) - Center
#23 FriskyTanuki (CrashSpyro) - Left Defenseman
#24 Suraph (Suraph) - Left Wing
#25 Shahan (TMAC Attak1) - Left Wing
#27 GLOCKGLOCK (DRUNKZ 27) - Left Defenseman
#32 Tha Xecutioner (xThaXecutionerx) - Center
#33 Gillums (Gillums) - Center
#35 FrankySox (FrankySox) - Right Wing
#44 ajh2298 (ajh2298) - Left Wing
#45 cgarb84 (AceFan84) - Left Defenseman
#47 (tootsieroll69) - Left Defenseman
#51 fieldkillah (fieldkillah) - Right Defenseman
#51 Wulfshake (MediocreSellout) - Left Defenseman
#52 nny77713 (GeoGod) - Right Defenseman
#53 ammowasted (ammowasted) - Right Wing
#54 Maynard (MaynardLD50) - Right Wing
#58 neckfurters (Rikson) - Left Defenseman
#66 DJSteel (DJSteel) - Left Defenseman
#69 Kekumba (KeKeKumba) - Left Wing
#76 SVxM (SVxM) - Left Wing
#81 ruffinra (RuffStuff84) - Right Defenseman
#92 VipFREAK (vprfrk) - Right Offensive Defenseman
#93 slickkill77 (NinjaPenguin777) - Goalie
#97 Wolve11 (Wolve11) - Goalie

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooo patch is here boys! In case nobody could tell, I really stopped playing and hated this game for a while after playing it nearly every day and every Friday with you guys. The glitching got to me big time. Can't wait for this Friday to test out the new patch.

I'm without a 360 until friday. I'm sure I'll hear all about how the game is now from you guys though. Or I could just check other forums.

I voted for Sex Panthers but they're both alright. Just from reading the other thread I think Sex Panthers will win anyway.

n8 you can put me down for center I guess, lol.

Ok, I'm making this difficult...

I'm not a fan of the German Panthers at all. I think it is way too drab. I'll make a suggestion in the Helsivican (sp?) ISK, which have a much better logo, uniforms, and is all in all, more sexier.

862A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_NRQ.jpg

862A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_SMt.jpg

Now if my idea gets shot down by the team, then I vote for the Crotch Sharks.

Also, put me down as #25 and as Left Wing/Goalie

[quote name='SeanAmI']Ya, those uniforms don't look so good.[/quote]

Which ones? The German Panthers? Or the ones Shady posted? If you mean the German ones, yeah, I agree. I like the ones Shady posted better. My only question is are those the actual jerseys that are in the game? Because I've seen differences with some of the teams. I'm not attached to the jerseys (other than keeping them unknown). I actually went through the game last night looking for other teams that had Panther-esque logos, and somehow I missed that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Which ones? The German Panthers? Or the ones Shady posted? If you mean the German ones, yeah, I agree. I like the ones Shady posted better. My only question is are those the actual ones that are in the game? Because I've seen difference with some of the teams. I'm not attached to the jerseys (other than keeping them unknown). I actually went through the game last night looking for other teams that had Panther'esqe logos, and somehow I missed that one.[/quote]

Yeah I just found them today. They are in the SM-Liga and I think they are the third team when descending.

Yeah, I like the HIFK jerseys better. I don't know if that affects the way anybody votes, but I updated it in the OP. If we are the Sex Panthers, we'll use those uniforms. Also bumping this so people migrate over to this thread.

I can't vote apparently, but I like the ones Panther posted. I've not been able to make it the last couple of Fridays due to an impending job change. I use the #15, i'm currently a sniper, but i'll play any position (I play as a skill d-man using that set up)

[quote name='SeanAmI']Has anyone checked out the alternate Florida Panthers ones to see if any of them are good?[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think Florida even has an alternate this year. All they've got are older jerseys which are essentially all the same. Nothing too exciting there.

Is anyone interested in playing a few games? I can only see two others online atm, but not all are in NHL 09. I would love to get a game going by 9 ET if possible...

Is there still room to join the team? I'm not the greatest but I can hold my own. My xbox gamertag is Bucknuticus.

Well, a few of us gave the Sex Panthers a trial run tonight, and MAN...it was not pretty, haha. We tried to keep our heads up, reminding ourselves that the first time isn't good for anybody, but damn...the glitchers are not going down without a fight. I just read on the EA forums that despite all the conspiracy theories, EA has confirmed that juicing will no longer work. But, we did run into guys who played basically the same style. One team went for the toe drag shot on every oddman rush they had (and made it once).

Another team did cross crease passes the entire game. They were also much faster than us, but I have read an explanation of being a Legend dangler with 13" radius skates, and that seems reasonable. Even without cheating, I still like finding teams who at least play the game right. I guess we really need to work on our defense though. When we were on our 7 out of 8 run, I think we had cravintacobell and Vulcan as our defensemen, and that worked out really well. The D in those games was ferocious.

I think it's just going to take a little bit of re-learning though. We might have to redistribute our attributes and play around with things again until we find the best balance for having an impact on the games. It's definitely a start though. Oh, and for those of you wondering, I set up the new team. As of right now, moojuice and Vulcan are GMs. So, if you want to leave the current club, and join the new team, just send one of us a message, and we'll get you an invite.

I thought the game played much more realistic... and yeah, some guys are just better at the game, plain and simple. Especially people who know how to truly deke goalies, something I am not good at at all.

[quote name='DestroVega']I thought the game played much more realistic... and yeah, some guys are just better at the game, plain and simple. Especially people who know how to truly deke goalies, something I am not good at at all.[/quote]

Well, They got me on the cross crease passes like five times in the one game. Sadly I chose to be goalie against a really good team. I know I was going through a learning curve last night, not going full speed at times (Not like Randy Moss). I'm sure we will get the hang of it in time.

My Great-Grandmother died this morning. The Visitation is on Friday and Funeral on Saturday. So that makes me a late scratch for my sex panther debut this week.

I placed my vote in for the Crotch Sharks. Because we all know we're all totally into crotch.

...right?

...fellas?

Yeah, see you guys Friday.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Stinks we couldn't pull out any of those games last night.[/quote]

Yeah. It was pretty rough. I'm starting to realize that it's not just the glitchers that kill me, I'm just not very good at the game. I still think it's fun though, so whatever.

I think part of the problem though is we kinda break down and get jumbled up. We all bite to one side and either get caught on the rush and people get behind us.

That penguin team looked really good. They worked well with each other. They all stayed in their spots. They passed back to the d guys. The d guys then set up the play. One guy would go dig out the puck while the other two waited in front of the goal of the cross crease pass. It was what 7-0 in the
2nd?

I think you're right. We tend to play like a kid's soccer team a lot of the time with everyone just swarming the puck (I'm more guilty of this than anyone). I'm trying to get better at setting up and not always moving full speed.

The new glitch goals were really pissing Darktower and my self off once everybody left. Espically me. Great, no more juicers but we added more glitch goals! Ya! So Awesome!

Shooting it from the face off and having the goalie reach up for it, then it hitting his helmet going on. Works about 80% of the time. And of course there is now that one side that will let you get goal no matter what. Also there is a new wrap around. I have the NHL 09 360 forums on the PS3. Also there is now a Lag switch that works to make sure they never lose a game. Ugh. I love this game so much but at the same time hate it.

Hey I just bought this game recently. What's the rundown for some NHL 09 CAGtion? Am I going to get my ass handed to me? Is there an Arcade CAG game night too? Was that too many questions?

yes you will probably get your ass handed to you. Not being a smartass. Ive played over a 500 and still get my ass handed to me.

We would love to have some new blood though. Send any of these jokers a friend request and join us for some action pretty much every night of the week. Fridays are the set time though.

Just to warn you we only win 60 % of the time and thats if everything goes 100%

Acouple guys have the arcade game. All the guys that have posted in this thread are regulars and on nhl all the time.

[quote name='Panther1484']Won't be on tonight. I lost my grandfather last night. Greatest man in the world. I'll be back soon.[/QUOTE]

My condolences

Sorry to hear that Shady and Cravin, hope everything is alright. PM me if ya need to talk or anything.

So is everybody ready to get Cheesed on tonight by like maybe 3 teams? Then maybe beating 3 respectable teams?

Finally got to play some post patch last night, penaltys seem way up (the incidental contact interference especially) I should be on tonight, might have to go AFK for short periods but i'll let ya'll know if that is the case.

[quote name='moojuice']Condolences to both Cravin and Taco. Weird week.[/quote]

I just want to echo those sentiments. Definitely a weird week. I'm sorry for your losses, and hope to see you guys back with the team soon.

I'm sure everybody is aware, but tonight is our first official CAG Hockey Night since the patch. If anybody needs an invite to the new team, just let me know. I sent Wpark one last night, and noticed that DarkTower got his already, so that's good.

We need as many people to come tonight as possible to try to help us get our first win! (When I looked last night...we were 0-9...yech! I guess that's better than having 250 losses though). I'm most definitely ready to go, and I'll be on for 8 PM EST. Hope to see you guys there!

Condolences to those who have lost people this week.

The patch has helped by eliminating the 99 glitch but now the other glitch goals piss you off even more because they happen at 0-0 or 1-0 rather than 7-0. It is extremely frustrating to have a super weak goal against late in the game.

bread's done
Back