CAGcast #152: The Adventures of Jewbeard

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
My spidey sense was tingling that a new CAGcast was up. It is indeed a formitable beard, wombat. Mine is less formitable and my girlfriend doesn't like it so i just got rid of it (20 minutes ago).

:cold: OFF TOPIC:Forget wall-e.. Cheapy If you want a good movie that will really blow your mind check out " Waking Life " if you have never seen it.

Oh god, it's evil Wombat. You know... from the evil parallel universe. All evil guys have goatees, you know?

Another great show as usual. You guys rock.
Cool beard. Mines getting a lil rough. Time to shave says my boyfriend.

Wombat, great job as always (and great Jewbeard!). Big fan of yours all around! Just wanted to update you that our fine state of Connecticut (which is right next to New York) also has legalized gay marriage as well. Just for the record (since you work for a gay company, it'll probably be good to know ^_^).

[quote name='thorbahn3']Nah jewbeard needs them sideburn curl things jewish people have.[/quote]

I agree along with a black hat and he needs way more Oy Vey

and

so, wombat how did you like that flower game and how much did it cost you? :D;):D

Thats not a jewbeard, more like a jewgoatee. I will download and listen on Thursday....Also, that reflection on his glasses kinda makes him look like Elijah Wood's character in Sin City.

Dudes! great podcast....

Thanks for mentioning my previous post!

But how can one like myself not quantify something if I know how the NXE worked on my previous Xbox 360!?
If it took me a certain amount of seconds to bring up my friends list on my previous Xbox 360 and now it works 85% quicker, then it's reduced by 85%!! simple calculation ;) ...................... and I have 30+ friends in my friends list........ not 1!

Once again I do agree with you guys, Microsoft should solve the Dashboard issue.

Good show!

PS: Wombat :applause:

Great show and to invite people from killzone is easy once your in the game an online just go into join game and top right you should see Join Game/Friends press R1 and it takes you to your friends list. Also I think your idea for PSP app store is not a terrible idea don't forget there is still a large majority of people that don't have a iphone/ipod touch and Sony can easily market to those people with there own version of an app store. Release alot of 1 dollar-5dollar apps. I'm sure they will get alot of impluse buys?

You can join games that your friends are in, but I'm not sure you can invite them to your game. I don't think you can, they would just have to randomly join your game, or you would need to type a message out stating that you want them to join your game and have them look for you. I never thought about this since I'm usually on messenger talking to my friend while playing and invite him to join that way.

That Killzone session with Wombat was great, I don't remember Wombat saying much, but maybe he has something against Traken. I know he killed me several times in the matches, but so did I and everybody else. I kinda want to play with friendly fire on again since I now have the grenade launcher and want to randomly accidently kill the enemy and my teammates.

is Killzone 2 multi-player ready that fun like CoD4? or are you just going to play it this weekend and you'll be done with it? because i'm really contemplating on buying it or not

Wombat has been replaced be his evil universe counterpart. This version actually is pleasant to listen to. :lol:

I actually forgot today was Wednesday until I had downloaded the new episode of CAGcast! Too bad I was already late for work... anyway, I'll llisten as soon as I get back, I'm sure it will be an awesome show, as usual.

Wombat has the right to his opinion on Braid. The number of people who praise that game as if it's God-like is innumerable. And what is the deal with people, especially reviewers, becoming so emotionally attached to games recently anyway?

I guess I've been inadvertently testing the sexual orientation waters since I've been on XBL. My personal quote is "You may be 12 and kick my ass, but after we're done here, I'm going to go have sex...with a girl." I've yet to hear anything about this.

Gamestop was selling the Forza/MUA pack for 19.99 when Forza and MUA seperately were more than that which also said 'Not for Resale'. Also the Motorstorm game that came with the 80gig bundle that also said 'Not for Resale'.

Halo Wars - generally MS games ship to the stores 1 week in advance, so it's possible that the Japan markets got it and just put it out on shelves.

Cheapy's Letter - Capcom is no worse than Besthesda with the Horse Armor, or EA with the stupid cheat codes or unlock codes in Godfather or even the DLC that came out before the game was released. This letter should have been sent out years ago.

Street Fighter 4 - Bottom line with or without free DLC, the game is not worth 60 bucks, if this was a FPS with a broken online and little single player depth it would be destroyed by the gaming public

The Watchmen End is Nigh is an episodic game much like Penny Arcade.

Xbox Live policies - I always thought that if the content is offensive to anyone then you get suspended no matter what.

PS3 Trophy viewing - Not any different that the achievements on Xbox.com.

Punchout Wii - Mike Tyson's special move would be to eat your children then he'll drop soap in front of you and you'll have to pick it up before he gets behind you.
671338265_l.jpg

No Madworld talk - I figured since it was coming out next week, you guys might have discussed about it.

All in all a funny cast.. thanks for the mention on the Cagbag.. lol

hey cheapy and wombat!

great show! not to much news to talk about unfortunatelly, especially the nintendo part (only the controller that, by the way, i heard it's not going to be available in the US which kinda sucks), although the funny segment of the program was just great!

I personally think that Capt. Jewbeard should definitely come back in the upcoming CAGCast's. :)

Ok, see you guys later!

Ah! and one more thing... you guys had mencioned my name on this episode but you mispelled. Im "Davi de Castro". But I totally understand the confusion once I put in the forum all letters together. And thanks for answering my question about the Chun-Li movie.

Cheapy - About the Mac Mini - check it - http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=13782

Also Mac Mini doesn't have HDMI on it, you'd have to go to AppleTV..

from the blog:

The afterthought in this equation is the Mac mini, which doesn’t line up with better performance and seems priced out of its niche. The specs for the Mac mini are certainly better than before, but Adrian Kingsley-Hughes notes:
The Mac mini update really is little more than the bare minimum Apple could have done.
Good point indeed. And then you consider the price. The Mac mini has two prices–$599 or $799 depending on the memory you get. Now let’s acknowledge that the Mac mini has a neat design. It’s also green. But the value proposition of a Mac mini is questionable. Why?

• Netbooks are much cheaper and have screens.
  • Non-Apple laptops will cost about the same as the Mac mini.
  • You still have to account for a monitor (Apple’s store suggests the $899 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display.
  • And it’s unclear what niche the Mac mini fills. It’s not quite a living room PC–think Apple TV and Sony Playstation–and it’s not an iMac.
In other words, I have no idea what would convince me to buy a Mac mini even if I loved Apple. There are too many options that offer better value–even on Apple’s own store. If I really wanted a Mac I’d buy something other than the Mac mini. Hell, I’d even get an Apple TV over a Mac mini.
Add it up and it’s quite possible that a Mac mini buyer could eye the $799 version and go either two ways: A person spend another $400 and get an iMac or walk away for more value somewhere else. Apple obviously bets on the former, but you have to wonder why the company needs the Mac mini in its lineup at all. It’s a tweener that just doesn’t make a lot of sense these days.
Update: There are a lot of folks giving me Mac mini use cases now. A few use cases via email and the Talkbacks below:

• Mini clusters as a cheap server set-up;
  • Rack them as computing power for audiophiles;
  • Cheap Mac desktops for those loaded with monitors and accessories.

Great show again guys.

Cheapy, got some tips for you regarding Tai's frequent ear infections that may help. Our 18 months old was experiencing frequent ear infections (had 4 in 6 weeks) a little while back and it was recommended to us that we don't let him use a pacifier anymore. So we went cold turkey on it and he hasn't got an ear infection since. Not sure if Tai uses one, but thought I'd mention it. I've also been told a back adjustment will do wonders too.

Also, many doctors are now recommending that ear infections not be treated with antibiotics as often as they are now for two reasons. First, a majority of ear infections will clear up on their own within a few days just fine without medication. Second, giving antibiotics for ear infections is recogonized as one of the leading causes of antibiotic resistent bacteria.

Wish I had know all this before we had spent hundreds of dollars in doctor visits and medication.

I don't think there will be any DLC Halo Wars. Ensemble Studios, the games developer, no longer exists. The only way I can see it happening is if they finished the DLC before the game shipped and Microsoft is just holding out on people to make more money, which is highly likely.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I remember when Wombat showed up at our CAG KZ2 night on Saturday. I hope to see CheapyD show up also sometime.[/quote]

still waiting for my copy but i wont be joining you guys until i finish the single player.

[quote name='Fragonard']I don't think there will be any DLC Halo Wars. Ensemble Studios, the games developer, no longer exists. The only way I can see it happening is if they finished the DLC before the game shipped and Microsoft is just holding out on people to make more money, which is highly likely.[/QUOTE]

Robot has already confirmed that they are making the Halo Wars DLC

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-dev-working-on-halo-wars-dlc

i found it very funny that nick suttner replied to wombat's call of "pretentious" by calling him a "philistine."

i'm totally with you guys on these stupid deals on the marketplace. entirely unnecessary, mostly uninteresting dlc being discounted by a few bucks is an insult. braid's price drop was nice, but not enough for me to bite. the thing was overpriced to begin with.

speaking of dlc, i am really pissed at capcom for thier costume nonsense. there is no way those costumes are worth that kind of money, especially when they are already on the disc. filthy bastards. i think everyone should let their closed wallets do the talking. i want those costumes for sure, but i can't justify 20 bucks (in total) to unlock pre-existing game data. oh, and capcom can eat a fat one for making me unlock costume colors by playing time attack and survivial. these are two modes i despise in nearly every fighting game. they are absolute crap.

i can't believe the positivity regarding killzone 2. this is the most disappointed i've been this generation, and i was hardly even hyped for it. the first one stunk. i liked the psp game, but that's a whole other story.

the graphics in KZ2 do little to impress me. everything is so bland and lifeless. i am also having a very hard time accepting a 30fps shooter when the bar was raised to 60fps by CoD 4 a year and a half ago. things are supposed to get better, and this game does nothing better than CoD4 so far that i can see (to nip this in the bud, i can hardly even go back to halo 3 after playing CoD's 60fps) KZ2's controls are terrible. they don't feel at all like intentional "heft," they feel more like the 360 version of far cry's craptastically unresponsive controls with an oversized deadzone. i fully expect this to be patched, but, then again, ubisoft only patched the mp controls on their title, those jackasses. so who knows?

i have a whole litany of complaints about KZ2, but i'll save most of them for a rainy day, and just offer this one more. the menus are absolutely horrific. not only are they poorly designed, but that stupid screen shake/interference effect is offensively bad. does it really have to shake for every single thing you select?

Wombat, i like that site idea. lemme know if you need contibutions for content. ;)

Cheapy, Wombat helped you spread that Capcom letter. Wombat told me about it so i helped him post it on GAF. i think you should thank him. :) i kinda wish Wombat mentioned that i helped out tho, lol. oh well.

oh yea, great show as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show and great jew beard. Now if only Wombat could grow some Jew pork chops, sadly Jews can't have pork.

Boo to you both for not mentioning MLB The Show 09 :)

Also in regards to the GTA DLC, the $50 million "advance" was for 2 episodes, the second one will probably be late this year or early next year. So at $20 a pop, there needs to be 2.5 million of these episodes sold for Rockstar to break even with their advance from M$.

Putting "straight" in your profile can possibly get you suspended, it was mentioned on Major Nelson's podcast that it is still a suspendable offense as it is also a sexual orientation.

bread's done
Back