Nine Inch Nails: Wave Goodbye (1989-2009)

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Wave Goodbye

As you all know, Trent Reznor has decided to stop touring (for a minimum of a few years) and announced a series of smaller shows as a proper goodbye for fans. Four in New York, two in Chicago, and four in LA. According to the man himself, "These should be cool, unusual and unique shows and I hope you come out - this is it".

08.22.09 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom (Opener: The Horrors)
08.23.09 New York, NY Webster Hall (Opener: The Horrors)
08.25.09 New York, NY Terminal 5 (Opener: The Horrors)
08.26.09 New York, NY Terminal 5 (Opener: Mew)
08.28.09 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom (Opener: Mew)
08.29.09 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom (Opener: Mew)
09.02.09 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Palladium (Opener: Mew)
09.03.09 Los Angeles, CA Henry Fonda Theater (Opener: Mew)
09.05.09 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theatre (Opener: HEALTH)
09.06.09 Los Angeles, CA Echoplex (Opener: HEALTH)

All of the shows are sold out. Some goons have extra tickets so it doesn't hurt to ask if you can buy one.

So, what now?

Nobody knows. According to various interviews, Trent plans to spend his time fucking his wife, eating Cheetos while floating around in his pool and randomly updating NIN.com with various cryptic symbols that will ultimately mean nothing he will be spending part of his hiatus working on a new album (really taking his time), putting together a deluxe version of The Fragile (which we should hopefully see some time in Spring 2010) and focusing on various other side projects he has always wanted to do (Year Zero TV show, programming, getting a life)

And All That Ever Will Be

Let's reminisce.

Nine Inch Nails' offical YouTube & Vimeo accounts has alot of live video Rob recorded from the current tour and Performance 2007 along with most of the NIN music videos: http://www.vimeo.com/ninofficial http://www.youtube.com/user/ninofficial

If you haven't already, go download the NIN|JA 2009 EP which features studio recordings of Non-Entity and Not So Pretty Now (http://www.ninja2009.com/) and The Slip (http://theslip.nin.com/) a full length album for free

I am planning to upload various essential audio bootlegs and other fun, rare stuff whenever I feel like it.

Victoria, BC (12-05-08) - Soundboard audio ripped from the HD video torrented on NIN.com. Chopped into pieces by me, encoded in V0 MP3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PJXR4IH

Open Source Resistance (04-18-07) - Ripped audio from Open Source Resistance. First time Last/We're In This Together/The Beginning Of The End were played in America. I added a spoken word track from the meeting at the beginning and Me, I'm Not from NIN's YouTube (please excuse the horrible attempt at creating something out of voices at the beginning of Me, I'm Not) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HYNMDCBY

*more coming soon*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sporadic']Trent said he was going to take a year or two off to pursue other projects he's always wanted to do (new album/Year Zero TV show/computer programs)

http://pinkisthenewblog.com/home/2008/12/hangin-with-trent-reznor/

And that he is only going to tour when he feels like it from now on.

- edit I'm most likely going to the West Palm Beach show :)[/quote]
Awesome, thanks for the link.

I Thought it was going to be a long ass hiatus and won't see them back until turning gray. One less worry I guess.

[quote name='bardockkun']Robin Finck is still going to be part of the band though isn't he?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's still the guitarist.

Alessandro and Josh Freese left. Josh was replaced by Ilan Rubin.

Yeah, I know Freese left in the middle of the tour basically. I Think my mind would be blown if Danny Lohner were to come back, but I know that day will never come.

What the hell no St. Louis MO show? Really don't want to drive all the way to KC to see both thies bands.

[quote name='sendme']What the hell no St. Louis MO show? Really don't want to drive all the way to KC to see both thies bands.[/QUOTE]

These aren't all the dates.

They are all the dates that are set in stone right now.

[quote name='TC']Will this be the original Jane's lineup of Perry, Dave, Stephen, and Eric?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

cluefinal788316788478.jpg

3.5.09: FULL LINEUP ANNOUNCED!
Our tour this summer with Jane's Addiction just got that much cooler. I'm happy to announce the addition of Street Sweeper - the new project featuring Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine / The Nightwatchman) and Boots Riley (The Coup). Have an exclusive first listen RIGHT HERE.

We are aiming to make this much more than just three acts sharing a bill...
Tour dates RIGHT HERE.

http://tour.nin.com/

Dates are:

05.08.09 West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheatre
05.09.09 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre
05.10.09 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre
05.14.09 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
05.15.09 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavilion
05.16.09 Chula Vista, CA Cricket Wireless Amphitheater
05.18.09 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl
05.20.09 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater – Irvine Meadows
05.22.09 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
05.24.09 George, WA Sasquatch Festival - The Gorge Amphitheater
05.26.09 Englewood, CO Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
05.27.09 Kansas City, MO Starlight Theatre
05.29.09 Chicago, IL Charter One Pavilion NINE INCH NAILS Only
05.30.09 Noblesville, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center
05.31.09 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
06.02.09 Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheatre
06.03.09 Darien Lake, NY Darien Lake Amphitheatre
06.05.09 Camden, NJ Tweeter Center At The Waterfront
06.06.09 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
06.07.09 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Music Theater
06.09.09 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
06.10.09 Burgettstown, PA Post-Gazette Pavilion
06.12.09 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
06.13.09 Manchester, TN Bonnaroo Festival

trent_reznor Don't shoot the messenger!
about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck

trent_reznor Regarding my earlier date posting: The Mansfield date on 6/3 replaces the Darien Lake show that was previously announced.

trent_reznor Also, be sure to watch http://www.ninja2009.com/ which goes live next Friday 3/20 - who knows what might be there?

trent_reznor Mansfield, MA - 6/3 - Comcast Amphitheatre
about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck

trent_reznor New NIN dates just announced: Austin 5/12, Frank Erwin Center
about 5 hours ago from TweetDeck

Nice new website and more dates.

I've lost interest in NIN, they are too commercialized and have gone soft, it seems. Their concerts are nowhere near as exciting where they used to be. And in some ways they seem to be just another product of the machine now.

If you are a NIN fan (or former NIN fan) you might want to check out Combichrist. Gives energetic & driving concerts with some nice hard electro industrial music. NIN might have went this way if they kept going in the direction of TDS, instead of the mediocre recent efforts.

Funny thing is my handle was inspired by the NIN song "Ruiner." Oh well. Too bad the "halo" collection that I spent so much money on is virtually worthless these days...

[quote name='Ruined']I've lost interest in NIN, they are too commercialized and have gone soft, it seems. Their concerts are nowhere near as exciting where they used to be. And in some ways they seem to be just another product of the machine now.

If you are a NIN fan (or former NIN fan) you might want to check out Combichrist. Gives energetic & driving concerts with some nice hard electro industrial music. NIN might have went this way if they kept going in the direction of TDS, instead of the mediocre recent efforts.

Funny thing is my handle was inspired by the NIN song "Ruiner." Oh well. Too bad the "halo" collection that I spent so much money on is virtually worthless these days...[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Yeah they aren't as wild as they were during the Self Destruct or Fragility tour but you have to also think that Trent isn't a young drug addict anymore. He's grown up, got clean and the band has evolved. They still put on a fantastic live show with alot of energy even if you don't like the direction they moved into (rock/electronic)

I'll take Year Zero, Ghosts, The Slip and even With Teeth over Trent regurgitating The Downward Spiral a million times, any day.

If you have any of the later Fragile halos, I think you would be suprised how much they can go for (WITT 1-3 = $70+)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lights in the Sky was easily one of the best concerts I've ever seen live. If I can say that with no hesitation then Trent is obviously doing something right.

[quote name='Ruined']I've lost interest in NIN, they are too commercialized and have gone soft, it seems. Their concerts are nowhere near as exciting where they used to be. And in some ways they seem to be just another product of the machine now.

Funny thing is my handle was inspired by the NIN song "Ruiner." Oh well. Too bad the "halo" collection that I spent so much money on is virtually worthless these days...[/QUOTE]

Yeah...boy did NIN sell out when Trent gave away The Slip for free and in lossless as well. Totally went commercial then.

[quote name='Sporadic']:roll:

Yeah they aren't as wild as they were during the Self Destruct or Fragility tour but you have to also think that Trent isn't a young drug addict anymore. He's grown up, got clean and the band has evolved. They still put on a fantastic live show with alot of energy even if you don't like the direction they moved into (rock/electronic)

I'll take Year Zero, Ghosts, The Slip and even With Teeth over Trent regurgitating The Downward Spiral a million times, any day.[/quote]

I think Ghosts by far is his best effort since TDS/Fragile/AATCHB. I have the Blu-ray boxset of Ghosts, it is nice. All the other albums starting from With Teeth though are varying shades of mediocrity IMO. Just not up to the pre-WT NIN standards. Instead of 90-100% of the songs being quality, that number for me at least seems to have dropped to 20-30%.

If you have any of the later Fragile halos, I think you would be suprised how much they can go for (WITT 1-3 = $70+)

No shit? I literally have virtually every Halo through year zero remixed. The only ones I sold since they were worth a lot of money were the Happiness in Slavery VIP Promo vinyl and The Perfect Drug 3-vinyl set. Let me know the values of this stuff and I'll ebay it! I need money! :D

But yeah, I know what you mean about him "evolving." I just feel for my tastes he evolved in the wrong direction. So I've pretty much moved on since I gave his new stuff a chance with 3 albums and I am pretty much disappointed in all of them. I like the remixes of the WT songs by other bands (on the import singles) more than the original songs.

Combichrist seems to be an adequate replacement for me. Great driving electro-industrial and very intense concerts. Listen to songs like "All Pain is Gone" and "F**k That Shit" and you can really see the potential for greatness with that band.

Presale tickets are on sale at nin.com

Just spent $153 for two seats (Section 1, Row T, Seats 1-2) to the West Palm Beach show

ed1a13f0e60f102b858f001.jpg

Pricy but it should be amazing

[quote name='Rocko']I'm really considering buying two tickets to the West Palm or Tampa show for a friend and myself.[/QUOTE]

If you can afford it, I would say go for it.

NIN always puts on an amazing show and Jane's Addiction/Street Sweeper are just icing on the cake.

Freakin' tix for the Jones Beach, NY show are $99 each. Christ.

[quote name='ninja dog']wtf is this shit?! oh well.[/quote]

Bands that play at Lollapalooza have to agree not to play in Chicago for several months before and after the festival. It's widely regarded as a fact that Jane's is playing at Lolla this year...so they can't play with NIN in May.

06.07.09 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Music Theater

Got my pre-sale tickets to the tune of ~$225. Ugh.

This should make 40 NIN shows in my lifetime, if I'm remembering them all. Too bad the price for this tour is keeping me from attending multiple dates.

[quote name='bardockkun']So what are the average prices for presale tickets? Mine go on sale tomorrow for Colorado.[/QUOTE]

It's all over the place. Seems to be $100-105 for GA pit if they have any, $75-105 for great seats and $65-85 for the rest of the seats.

West Palm Beach

Ticket Price:
$99 - GA Standing Pit
$99 - Price level 1
$65 - Price level 2

Tampa

Ticket Price:
$99 - GA Standing Pit
$65 - Reserved
Price includes $6 parking fee

Atlanta

Ticket Price:
$105 - GA PIT Standing
$71 - Reserved Seating

Las Vegas

Ticket Price:
$154.00 - Reserved
$129.00 - GA Standing
Ticket price includes $4.00 facility fee

Kansas City

Ticket Price:
$150.00 for Price Level 1
$75.00 for Price Level 2
$49.50 for Price Level 3
Ticket prices include a $2.50 facility fee

Chicago

Ticket Price:
$45
Price includes $4 parking and $4.50 facility fee

Holmdel

Ticket Price:
$99 - Price Level 1
$65 - Price Level 2
$45 - Price Level 3

Wantagh

Ticket Price:
$105 - Price Level 1
$85- Price Level 2
Price includes $6 facility fee

Columbia

Ticket Price:
$75.00 - Orch and GA Floor Standing

Wow, it really is everywhere. Paid about $60 or so for row 16 seats for Lights in the Sky, but still...it's Nine Inch Nails.

Got my tickets for Chicago tonight.

I've never really splurged on really nice seats before, but would like to for this concert. I think the IN venue doesn't have VIP seats/tickets but the Chicago and KC shows seem to have them. KC is sold out of VIP tickets at $150 a pop and Chicago VIP seats aren't up for pre-order yet.

Got my tix today for the Camden show... Wonder who will close the night. Damn well better be NIN.

On a separate note, is anyone else not impressed with the Street Sweeper preview that is on the website? Music sounds ok, but the vocals and lyrics (at least for that one song) are very.... meh at best.

Got tickets to the Columbia, MD show. Decent seats, row P in the left pavillion section--which is pretty good as that pavillion is samller than most.

Looking forward to it as I like both bands and both are fantastic live.

Jane's Addiction is releasing two new studio tracks online today (March 20) via Ninja2009.com, the tour site for the forthcoming co-headlining tour with Nine Inch Nails. The two studio cuts available for free download are "Chip Away" and "Whores," both songs that fans will recognize from 1987's self-titled live release.

"Just to get some creative juice flowing- we went into the studio for about two weeks," Perry Farrell tells Billboard.com. "We had the idea to re-record two tunes, just because they'd never been done officially in the studio. And we had some fun writing some new things. A handful that are close to finished, but not quite done. But there's no rush to put anything out at this point."

Trent Reznor and Alan Moulder were acting as producers for the new cuts. But can fans expect a new record? "I don't think so," Farrell says. "For me, the idea is to introduce one or two songs into this touring cycle along with the ones everybody loves and knows."

The spark that ignited the reformation of the original four members of Jane's Addiction started in 2008 at the NME Awards. "We had a good time together and the music sounded good," drummer Stephen Perkins says.

Not only is the band gearing up for a hefty summer tour, the rarities box set "A Cabinet of Curiosities" is due April 21 via Rhino. The set includes three CDs and a DVD, featuring "Soul Kiss," a documentary on the group and Farrell's movie "The Gift. "I supplied a lot of music to Warner Bros," Perkins says. "A lot of the stuff has never been heard before."

"It's a really nice, fetishy object," Farrell adds. Perkins has also taken some bootleg material and remastered it. "There's some rough sounding stuff, sonically," guitarist Dave Navarro adds. "But it's worth a listen. I have old versions of Zeppelin recordings at home that I don't necessarily throw into rotation all the time, but I like it."

Jane's Addiction gave SXSW attendees as taste of their reformation in the wee hours of Friday morning, ripping through a 55-minute set that drew entirely from the first phase of its career – appropriate since orginal bassist Eric Avery has returned to the fold after a 17-year break.

Playing at a capacity-plus private party sponsored by Playboy and C3 Presents (with Playmates strolling around sporting ears and cottontails), the quartet served up a 10-song sampling, despite problems with one of the sound board cables that briefly threatened to derail the show. Once it was fixed, however, Jane's started with an epic rendition of "These Days," with frontman Perry Farrell dancing like a dervish while Mohawked drummer Stephen Perkins pounded out the rhythm and Dave Navarro, shirtless and fedoraed, laced solos into the dynamic arrangement. Farrell peeled his jacket and scarf off during "Ain't No Right," ending the song with his arms raised in a triumphant V, then led into "Whores" by telling the crowd it was "lovely to see all you whores out there. How was your day?"

The set drew entirely from 1988's "Nothing's Shocking" and 1990's 1990's "Ritual de lo Habitual," mixing "hit" fare such as "Been Caught Stealing" (for which Farrell donned a pair of shades), "Mountain Song" and "Ocean Size" (but no "Jane Says") with deeper but still well-received songs such as "Standing in the Shower Thinking," the reggae-flavored "Ted, Just Admit It…" and the leaden final encore "Stop."

Visual evidence suggested that any of Jane's well-chronicled rancor has been allayed again; the group members were interactive and clearly enjoying themselves, and Farrell – who's slated to perform a SXSW club show on Saturday night -- finished the night with an arm slung around Navarro's shoulders.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/jane-s-addiction-drops-two-free-new-trent-1003953692.story

[quote name='Sporadic']5 unreleased tracks

Most important, studio tracks of Non-Entity and Not So Pretty Now!!![/QUOTE]

Where do you see this?! I MUST HAVE! The NINJA site isn't working, still says coming soon.

Got my tickets for Camden, NJ. Can't fucking wait.

[quote name='tcrash247']Where do you see this?! I MUST HAVE! The NINJA site isn't working, still says coming soon.

Got my tickets for Camden, NJ. Can't fucking wait.[/QUOTE]

Refresh that shit homey.

newninep1.jpg

bread's done
Back