Tried to scam stewie75 and failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselsmack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[quote name='Apparent BS story by the OP']I sent him Dead Space for the ps3 over 2 weeks ago. This was my first trade on the site and so I sent my game first. He was supposed to send me GTA4. When the game was in the mail he PM'd me telling me it was actually his girlfriends house? or something. For some reason he wasnt going to be there but he was going to "leave GTA4 packaged and ready to ship with my girlfriend". Like I said its been over 2 weeks. I tried to get ahold of him and he wont reply. I would not recommend business. Being my first transaction here on CAG im extremely disappointed. Extremely. Especially since he had good feedback.[/quote]

Mods' edit:
This seems more and more like a BS attempt by the OP to try and pull a fast one on the situation. Multiple things don't add up, so I've removed stewie75 from TTO and put the OP in TTO, because there's no proof with a DC # that the OP shipped out the game.

Plus, this seems real odd to have all these issues on an initial trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hasselsmack']I sent him Dead Space for the ps3 over 2 weeks ago. This was my first trade on the site and so I sent my game first. He was supposed to send me GTA4. When the game was in the mail he PM'd me telling me it was actually his girlfriends house? or something. For some reason he wasnt going to be there but he was going to "leave GTA4 packaged and ready to ship with my girlfriend". Like I said its been over 2 weeks. I tried to get ahold of him and he wont reply. I would not recommend business. Being my first transaction here on CAG im extremely disappointed. Extremely. Especially since he had good feedback.[/quote]

I searched his name and got this. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215654&highlight=stewie75

I'll most likely be online until the early morning and I'll make sure your topic doesn't fall off the front page. Hopefully all of this is somehow a misunderstanding, but I'm pretty skeptical considering the 'girlfriend excuse' has been used before.

That sucks man.
Stick to CAG trading though.
I was also scammed on my first trade. I was wary of it but decided to try again a few months later, and now have 4 successful trades.

stewiw75 of all people...

I guess when people rack up reputation on trading/selling/buying, they figure they'll stop doing it -- why not scam some people along the way? It's the way to do it! Never ever trust any CAGs with good feedback, not even me. This business: risky.

Something must be up because I completed my trade with him within the last 2 weeks and it was my first trade on the site as well.

Got the DC# to post up?

ugh. its stuff like this that makes it especially hard to find people to trade with when you have low feedback. This is also why im putting DC on all my packages. That really sucks that this happened to you on your first trade, but it might not necessarily be bad. My package took over 2 weeks to get to me because usps screwed up and sent the package to the wrong side of the U.S (luckily my trader had also put on DC so it was all good).

Really hope it works out for you, or at least you can get some closure on this.

You can always trust by iTrader feedback. Why do assholes do this and taint the good transactions happening everyday amongst reputable and upstanding CAGers in the community. Glad I saw this because I was just about to inquire about a few things on his TL, but will hold off until this resolves itself. Might just be due to a busy schedule, though two weeks is a long time to not have time to get to the post office. I've gone a couple of days due to my busy semester, but informed the CAG I was dealing with.

I PM'ed stewie who now is in trader timeout and cannot post a reply.

Like I asked before what is the delivery confirmation number hasselsmack?

Quote from stewie's PM to me...

[quote name='stewie75']
Tell them I never received anything from him. I moved, and have been running back and forth every day since then(Monday) to get the mail, and haven't received anything from him. Shockingly, I received someone elses game, who sent theirs over a week after him, but still not his. The first time he tried sending, he messed it up and it got sent back to him. Is it that crazy that he did that again, and I never got it?
I never got a delivery confirmation number. It took him 3 weeks to get Dead Space sent to me. AND, I just paid some dude $40 on Friday, why would I go out of my way after 2 years to scam him out of DEAD SPACE. Get real! If he'd checked my profile, he would've seen I haven't even signed on since Saturday night, and my tradelist hasn't been bumped since that long either.
Thanks for having my back man. This is completely retarded. [/quote]

I know I sent my game to him just over a week ago. Within the time frame you said you sent your game out hasslesmack. I hope you guys figure this out because my trade with him was nothing but quick and easy.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I PM'ed stewie who now is in trader timeout and cannot post a reply.

I know I sent my game to him just over a week ago. Within the time frame you said you sent your game out hasslesmack. I hope you guys figure this out because my trade with him was nothing but quick and easy.[/quote]I had the same info sent to me via PM, and in review, it looks like the OP is trying to pull a fast one.

He's been put in TTO, and stewie75 has been removed from it. Knee-jerk reaction on my part, which I apologize for.

I think the onus is on the OP to prove his side of things, and until I see solid proof of that, it'll look like he's trying to pull the fast one.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']Theres a whole lotta scammin going on it seems. Even the scammers are trying to claim they are the scamees. :/ wow.[/quote]

i must admit, if shrike's suspicions are correct, this scam is pretty damn clever.

There are a lot of great traders out there. Check out folks iTrader and look at the people who are making trades. Hate to see folks lose faith in CAG and trading on it. I have had so many great trades and will continue to trade on CAG. Keep the faith folks.

[quote name='thebob101']There are a lot of great traders out there. Check out folks iTrader and look at the people who are making trades. Hate to see folks lose faith in CAG and trading on it. I have had so many great trades and will continue to trade on CAG. Keep the faith folks.[/QUOTE]I use to think trading with people with high feedback, I'd be okay, but then DrunkPollock came around (with 16+ feedback) and scammed 20+ CAGs.

I have only had two bad experiences and that was within the first few trades.
Everyone else that I traded with are what keep me coming back to CAG.
16 Itrader I don't count as high though.
I don't just look at the number, but the kind of quality the trades are.
live codes, etc don't carry much weight for me in terms of trade numbers.

[quote name='bryenfury']I have only had two bad experiences and that was within the first few trades.
live codes, etc don't carry much weight for me in terms of trade numbers.[/quote]

i luckily havnt had any bad experiences, but i try to deal with people with decent feedback 25+ so i feel "better" about sending first. not to say i wont deal with someone with 10-15 feedback ( i allready have a few times) but i just wont trade alot of stuff or things i consider "valuable" to a cag with low i-trader, but 1 game for 1 game i say is worth the risk useually(depending on the game), ive gotten a few good deals and hope to find more :bouncy:

[quote name='bryenfury']I have only had two bad experiences and that was within the first few trades.
live codes, etc don't carry much weight for me in terms of trade numbers.[/quote]

I too check out the feedback on people, a itrade number is just how many diffrent cags have given you feedback, i like to read what people liked about the trade, also the itrade and the feedback vary sometimes, i have higher feedback because ive traded multiple times with some cags.

A lot of times i prefer to trade with cags who ive had good experiences with because i know i wont get the shaft, but i still help people with low itrade, did someones first trade with them 2 weeks ago. I know my itrade isnt high high but I hope people look at my feedback and see im trustworthy, also if there is ever a problem with any of my trades i do my best to resolve it. Id even go as far as to replace the game in its entirety if need be.

Point being cag isnt a bad place to trade, the community here is great, but it seems more and more scammers are popping up, like many have said you just have to be careful with who you deal with and stay away from trades that may be "to good to be true"

OP is a douche bag if this pans out. It is bad enough that you have scammers here, but to have someone smear a legitimate/established CAG's character is absurd. I see banishment in someone's near future.:p

Well said DaddyBoJangles, I also look at their post count, the quality of their posts, and the length of time they have been a member.

Doesn't the fact that Stewie75 has previously used the 'my girlfriend will...' excuse in another trade count for anything? Oh well, I'm sure the mods will do the best job they can gathering the facts and evaluating the situation.

[quote name='MikeBastard']Doesn't the fact that Stewie75 has previously used the 'my girlfriend will...' excuse in another trade count for anything? Oh well, I'm sure the mods will do the best job they can gathering the facts and evaluating the situation.[/QUOTE]

Preface; I traded with Stewie as recent as last week (he might've been talking about the game I sent him in his rebuttal).

You are a jackass.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Preface; I traded with Stewie as recent as last week (he might've been talking about the game I sent him in his rebuttal).

You are a jackass.[/quote]

Fact: You traded with him recently and it went smooth.

Fact: At least two people have had problems with him recently and both of them got the same excuse about something with a girlfriend.

Fact: I've yet to see him address the allegations.

Maybe you're the jackass for believing that because someone has good feedback and because you've had good experiences with someone that that automatically clears the person. I'm not saying I know what happened. I'm just saying that it's never good when several people are accusing you of being a bad trader.

Reminds me of the time some dude sold me a "mint" copy of Fable and it showed up without a manual and in the worst shape I've ever seen outside of rental copies bought at a Blockbuster.

He refunded me what I paid and $.75 or something piddly like that to cover shipping back to him. I sent the game back and he tried claiming I never sent it, contacted shrike and left a neutral feedback. I'll admit I shouldn't have cheaped out by not buying DC (he probably noticed this and tried taking advantage).

It's just the worst when a scammer tries putting up a victim front and using the rules/mods against honest traders.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Dang, I wanted to trade something with the OP, I don't think I should any more, or at least until all of this gets cleared up.[/QUOTE]

just dont. Its better just to avoid the headache than hoping you wont get it.

Just let Shrike handle this situation. Its one of the things he does best on this site.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Dang, I wanted to trade something with the OP, I don't think I should any more, or at least until all of this gets cleared up.[/quote]

If you really want to trade then insist he sends first because of this whole mess. If he refuses then move on.

So far I've had all wondrous transactions.

Protip: Trade with people w/decent feedback until you yourself have decent feedback. If anyone with a low amount/less than you refuses to ship first, tell them to shove a Nintendo 64 controller up their ass. So far, it's worked!

confusing situations like these are reasons I'll more than likely NEVER will trade on here. it's too independently ran!

it's like the problem with ford's image right now; you can probably find many people who love ford and will only buy ford...but whenever you see automobile defects or problems on television, it's always seemingly a ford vehicle that's broken. so, while the quality of ford motor group is actually strong, the perception is diminished to an outsider and looks like a risky choice.

this trading crap, it's a risky choice, because everytime I go on this site someone is getting scammed! yea, that's an extreme statement, but when you see too many extremist examples..

I love how people who have never traded before are so quick to cast their opinions about the trade forum based on a few bad traders.

Considering the amount of good trades in comparison to the bad trades I think we have a pretty damn good ratio. I've been scammed on eBay and Half.com more than I have been on here, that's not to say eBay is unsafe, it's just assholes are everywhere, there's no avoiding it.

When you hide behind an anonymous veil, there's ALWAYS going to be the chance for someone to screw you over. Even in retail stores people get the shaft, like the people who were sold broken TVs at the Circuit City liquidation sale, does that mean EVERY Circuit City was selling broken or bad merchandise? No just a few stores in particular.

Before you cast judgment you should really consider that poor business etiquette is not specifically limited to CAG Trade forum.

[quote name='tacgnol']I love how people who have never traded before are so quick to cast their opinions about the trade forum based on a few bad traders.

Considering the amount of good trades in comparison to the bad trades I think we have a pretty damn good ratio. I've been scammed on eBay and Half.com more than I have been on here, that's not to say eBay is unsafe, it's just assholes are everywhere, there's no avoiding it.

When you hide behind an anonymous veil, there's ALWAYS going to be the chance for someone to screw you over. Even in retail stores people get the shaft, like the people who were sold broken TVs at the CC liquidation sales, does that mean EVERY Circuit City was selling broken or bad merchandise? No just a few stores in particular.

Before you cast judgment you should really consider that poor business etiquette is not specifically limited to CAG Trade forum.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, just because a few bad apples are around doesn't mean the whole bunch is spoiled. My gaming budget is no longer a problem thanks to the great men and women of CAG who trade with me :)

Here is the situation I've had with the gf, in both situations actually. Both times I tried to be nice and expedite the situation by handing off what I was trading to her so she could Next Day it for them from her job, which offers it at a discounted rate to employees. The first time, it was sent and apparently damaged in transport. And this time with Hasslesmack, I told him I'd leave the game he was to receive to her, since the trade had taken so long, so that she'd Next Day it for him as soon as I received Dead Space, which I never did, and this trade would finally finish. I wasn't having him send Dead Space to my gf's home, and she actually had nothing to do with this situation. If none of you have heard my side of the story, I don't understand why there is a need to chime in and have me defend myself.

True fact: CAG's love drama. I swear there is a secret cache of pitchforks and torches for every thread title that comes up with "scam". This one looks like it needs a LOT more facts determined.

[quote name='MikeBastard']Fact: You traded with him recently and it went smooth.

Fact: At least two people have had problems with him recently and both of them got the same excuse about something with a girlfriend.

Fact: I've yet to see him address the allegations.

Maybe you're the jackass for believing that because someone has good feedback and because you've had good experiences with someone that that automatically clears the person. I'm not saying I know what happened. I'm just saying that it's never good when several people are accusing you of being a bad trader.[/QUOTE]

Fact 1 is real, Fact 2 and 3 weren't actually facts when you said them in the first place, and especially more so now.

Come on, man. Jump the gun much?

[quote name='strongpimphand']confusing situations like these are reasons I'll more than likely NEVER will trade on here. it's too independently ran!

it's like the problem with ford's image right now; you can probably find many people who love ford and will only buy ford...but whenever you see automobile defects or problems on television, it's always seemingly a ford vehicle that's broken. so, while the quality of ford motor group is actually strong, the perception is diminished to an outsider and looks like a risky choice.

this trading crap, it's a risky choice, because everytime I go on this site someone is getting scammed! yea, that's an extreme statement, but when you see too many extremist examples..[/quote]

I agree that we often only hear about the negative things. That's exactly why I made this at the end of January. Please have a read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back