Super Smash Bros. Brawl $33.99 NEW Plus Shipping @ GameFunk, 10% coupon code!

[quote name='fshaia']Tax in CA. (as usual) still a good deal if you can't find it at BB[/quote]
What is the price for this game after tax and after coupon for you? I'll update it in the title.

Hmmm, it keeps declining my payment. I'm getting this message every time I try to place an order.

"The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder."

[quote name='The End']Hmmm, it keeps declining my payment. I'm getting this message every time I try to place an order.

"The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder."[/quote]
Double check your shipping address, billing address, and your security code. I have never ordered from this site, but I've had this sort of error happen to me on ebay/amazon because I accidently put on a typo.

Also, maybe the site recognizes abbreviations without the period? ("Ave" instead of "Ave.") Try it again.

Son of a bitch, I just discovered that my bank account is missing $163.90. Which is exactly five times the amount that this game would cost after shipping. I tried to go though the checkout several times. I might have tried as many as five times.

Just emailed this site and told them about this. Who knows when they’ll get back to me though. All I know is they had better refund my money.

Frankly, I’d never even heard of this site a week or so ago, but I’ve seen a few other CAGers who’ve said that they’ve had good dealings with them. So I figured that it was worth a shot. Hopefully this is just a minor blip on the radar and they correct this problem soon.

Holy crap! Sorry to hear about that. Let us know if the customer service will be nice enough to refund you that money (or at least 4 times the cost, since you ordered one).

And lets hope any other interested GAGers will have slightly better time at Gamefunk.

[quote name='The End']Son of a bitch, I just discovered that my bank account is missing $163.90. Which is exactly five times the amount that this game would cost after shipping. I tried to go though the checkout several times. I might have tried as many as five times.

Just emailed this site and told them about this. Who knows when they’ll get back to me though. All I know is they had better refund my money.

Frankly, I’d never even heard of this site a week or so ago, but I’ve seen a few other CAGers who’ve said that they’ve had good dealings with them. So I figured that it was worth a shot. Hopefully this is just a minor blip on the radar and they correct this problem soon.[/quote]

When your card gets declined for an AVS mismatch, your bank holds the amount for each decline. That's a very common thing for a bank to do when a card is declined on the internet. Send James a note at http://www.gamefunk.net/customerservice and he can pull the authorization codes for you so you can call your bank and have them release the funds. Since it's in your bank's hands we don't have access to the money, otherwise we could refund you. I'll let James know to expect a message from you.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the site :( When you do get a chance to place an order, we'll be sure to pack an extra goodie in there for you.

this game used to rock back then when it came out. now, i dont see much people playing it anymore. or maybe it's just me?

[quote name='The End']Son of a bitch, I just discovered that my bank account is missing $163.90. Which is exactly five times the amount that this game would cost after shipping. I tried to go though the checkout several times. I might have tried as many as five times.

Frankly, I’d never even heard of this site a week or so ago, but I’ve seen a few other CAGers who’ve said that they’ve had good dealings with them. So I figured that it was worth a shot. Hopefully this is just a minor blip on the radar and they correct this problem soon.[/QUOTE]

I've bought from them and they are very straight, sometimes their people post on the forums so I trust that you'll get your money back.

EDIT: Just saw Mary's post, hope it works for you!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I've bought from them and they are very straight, sometimes their people post on the forums so I trust that you'll get your money back.

EDIT: Just saw Mary's post, hope it works for you![/quote]
I second that. Looks like you may at least get support from Gamefunk. Good luck!

[quote name='edwardya']this game used to rock back then when it came out. now, i dont see much people playing it anymore. or maybe it's just me?[/quote]
I've tried going online as well at times over the last month, and I have yet to successfully get online in 2009. I think the novelty and the following fanboy orgy is subdued. Also I bet a lot of Wii owners will be playing MadWorld in the coming weeks...

[quote name='hypertails02']I've tried going online as well at times over the last month, and I have yet to successfully get online in 2009.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. They royally screwed up the online features for SSBB and I think that drove online players away. If they let us see other player names, have more than one player per system and some online stats, people would still be playing this.

It's funny that they corrected all their mistakes for Mario Kart Wii. (Love it online!)

I actually called my bank on Saturday and had them cancel the orders and put the money back into my account. So I’m all set as far as that goes. I probably should have posted this info here on this topic after I did that so people wouldn’t think I was still waiting to get my money back. But I didn’t wanna seem like I was trying to turn this topic into being all about my drama.

I just checked my email and see that I got a reply to my questions a couple of hours ago. So they weren’t ignoring me, they just don’t reply to emails on the weekend. Which is hardly unusual.

In the reply he said that he was canceling the orders on his end, which should free up the money in my account. But as I said above, that’s not a problem now. He’s not sure what’s going on with my order getting declined though. All he could suggest was using Paypal.

Hmm, I don’t get it. I had a similar problem with Newegg declining (though eventually accepting) my order because my shipping info didn’t match my card. Yet I’ve had no problems buying things at other sites. Could it be something as simple as not putting a period after the abbreviation for “St.”? Or perhaps putting “Apt #4” instead of simply “#4” when I fill out my address? That seems a rather frivolous reason for declining a payment, but it’s the only thing I can think of. I’m dead certain that all the other, more important info was correct.

[quote name='emperordahc']Ditto. They royally screwed up the online features for SSBB and I think that drove online players away. If they let us see other player names, have more than one player per system and some online stats, people would still be playing this.[/quote]

Actually I think the online feature is about the only reason why some are even playing this over Melee. Most Smash Bros players I know (and some are pros who compete at Evo) seem to prefer Melee over Brawl.

No idea why exactly, but supposedly Melee is the better, more balanced game or something. I'm more a Street Fighter guy personally.

[quote name='kazunori']No idea why exactly, but supposedly Melee is the better, more balanced game or something. I'm more a Street Fighter guy personally.[/quote]
From my experience losing hundreds of battles against obsessive pros, in Melee you can do more cheap dodging tricks and the famous Wavedash (which I am still unable to do). I play for fun, and really I thought Nintendo did a pretty good job making Brawl a more even playing field. I know I actually lose in Brawl because of skill more so than cheap tricks. That's just my opinion, and I know I'm the minority.

And ditto on Street Fighter, I'd rather play that. Off topic I'm awaiting SFIV in the mail. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back