Playfire Automatic PS3 Trophies Now Live!!

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Well, I decided to just go ahead and start a thread about this because there has been a few things which have happened on Playfire (a site many of you use for PS3 trophies.

First off, the site started to use an automatic synch for the PS3 Trophy cards, in case you didn't know where you enter your PSN-ID and password (they do not store it into their system, only grab info) and your card would automatically be created:
http://www.playfire.com/a/create_widget

However now, it appears that Sony and PlayFire have teamed up for PS3 Trophy cards:
http://www.playfire.com/trophies/

Let me try getting this straight:
-First off they were pulling trophy information from SCEA's site.
-Now it looks like they are working with SCEE to merge the trophy info with PlayFire.

Who knows whether SCEA will be joining together with PlayFire on this (keep in mind that SCEE, SCEA, SCEJ, etc. all operate independently from one another basically). Regardless, you can login with your PSN-ID (even U.S.) into the European site, so it may work for us. Those who already live in Europe, this is excellent news for you all. :)

I just felt people would be interested to hear this news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Works for me. If I could only drag myself from street fighter 4 and play the other trophy enabled games I got.

hopefully this comes stateside.

[quote name='mguiddy']Those are a lot better looking than the SCEE ones... and I don't mean because of the color. :lol:

:lol:
You need to have previously signed up for the SCEE one to be able to use the new playfire ones.[/quote]

I like how it's much shorter than the SCEE ones... sure, it's not as short as their classic cards, but still shorter... Plus, customizable backgrounds!! :D

[quote name='Redeema']Anything like this for the US users?[/quote]

Yes, the US flag is right next to my PSN username... ;)
Though, as mguiddy said previously, you do need to sign-in for a SCEE card in order to use these new Playfire cards.

I just made a new one. I need to find another picture though:
ManaKnight.png

I cant get this to work for anything. I obviously have the ID setup with the UK site since you can see it in my signature. But when I try to go on the playfire site and choose automatic it cannot find my ID.

Mana, you need a higher count of Platinums in your Trophy Case.

I, on the other hand need a new Dualshock 3 (WipeOut HD made me bust my White one's R2 button due to RAGE!)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I love it... :D
I hope I can still see what trophies I've unlocked though.[/quote]

Don't you mean "what trophies I haven't unlocked yet" ?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I cant get this to work for anything. I obviously have the ID setup with the UK site since you can see it in my signature. But when I try to go on the playfire site and choose automatic it cannot find my ID.[/quote]

The same thing is happening for me. But as Mana said probably getting a bit of a hammering...give it a few days.

Is it just me or does everyone need to update their PSN ID on the European site to get new trophies to appear? How long does it take Playfire's to update as well?

[quote name='Hostile']Is it just me or does everyone need to update their PSN ID on the European site to get new trophies to appear? How long does it take Playfire's to update as well?[/quote]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5654697&postcount=1299

I mentioned it last night when they went live that they're just another layer on top of the UK card. You have to initiate the update on the UK site and then recreate your Playfire card just to get it to update, which is not worth it for a simpler card. None of it's automatic unless you prefer to tell it to update first.

I've been trying this since Friday night and it's still not working for me. I go to the EU site first and update, then go to playfire and add my PSN name and it's still telling me I need to create a EU trophy card. Anyone else still unable to create a playfire card?

yeah same here i cant make a Playfire Profile card! it sucks but they may fix that soon. I hope!

EDIT: I managed to get mine to work

I can't get it to work either. You should just be able to type in your gamertag and it generates a card. It's very easy to generate a card for that other system, this has to many steps. I'm giving up on this until Sony comes out with something that doesn't require me to jump through hoops to make a card. I tried a few times, screw it.

I actually feel glad that they made an automated card for the PS3. Had to constantly update without it.

So what is the difference in the made trophy cards here - look at the two above my post. Click on Roa's trophycard and it takes you to a page that lists all of Roa's trophys. Click on finsfan0210 in the post above Roa's and it takes you to a generic "create your PS3 trophycard" page. Is there something in playfire you click on for this?

And I can not get mine to work - made my portable ID in the UK site (see sig) but playfire tells me I have not done this... well its in my sig so I mut have done it. What am I missing??
edit - I got it working, I just went back tot he uk site and hit update on just about every page I could find it on and that seemed to push it to the working status.

It looks like you just need to change the link around the image, SoCal. Once you get your card working, try something like this (without the leading spaces in each tag):

Code:
[ url=http://www.playfire.com/SoCalDude/ps3-trophies][ img]http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/SoCalDude.png[ /img][ /url]

Of course I tried it on mine and all I got is a blank page. Not sure why it works on Roa's.

Also I wish I knew how to get my avatar to look less janky.

[quote name='metaly']It looks like you just need to change the link around the image, SoCal. Once you get your card working, try something like this (without the leading spaces in each tag):

Code:
[ url=http://www.playfire.com/SoCalDude/ps3-trophies][ img]http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/SoCalDude.png[ /img][ /url]

Of course I tried it on mine and all I got is a blank page. Not sure why it works on Roa's.

Also I wish I knew how to get my avatar to look less janky.[/quote]

I notice the name in the URL has to be the name of your playfire account. When I signed up for playfire I used fuss and when I put that in the link it works and my PSN name does not work - but my PSN name shows on the trophy card. But hey, I got it to work... yay.

I really like how easy it is to see the number of each trophy you have. It reall is a cleaner look.

I can sign in to eu.playstation.com but when I try to transfer my account info its saying my email address and password are incorrect which is bull. So I click forgot password hioping they email me info but I never get an email. WTF!!

[quote name='Pratt75']I can sign in to eu.playstation.com but when I try to transfer my account info its saying my email address and password are incorrect which is bull. So I click forgot password hioping they email me info but I never get an email. WTF!![/quote]
Do you actually have an account with the EU playstation site? If not, there's nothing to merge with, so pick the new account option and it'll give you an account on the EU site for your UK PSN account.

You all are having problems because PlayFire is getting this information without Sony's conscent. SCEE is looking into what PlayFire is doing and will be shutting that aspect down.

PlayFire is pretty much abusing the system Sony has placed up at the moment and making things harder for people to get stuff in the future like an official api.

I suggest staying away from the auto-update cards as they will not work in a few days when Sony fixes the exploit that PlayFire is doing.

That's if you had an existing account on their site, which isn't the same as entering your PSN login info. It's the same thing that the US site did so that you could merge your existing account with your PSN account, but if you didn't have an account for the site before, there's nothing to merge with your PSN account. Just click on the new account option and move on.

alright, thanks frisky. I believe I tried that before and it said I couldn't use my email address. I'll give it a shot, thank you.

[quote name='Breakpoint']You all are having problems because PlayFire is getting this information without Sony's conscent. SCEE is looking into what PlayFire is doing and will be shutting that aspect down.

PlayFire is pretty much abusing the system Sony has placed up at the moment and making things harder for people to get stuff in the future like an official api.

I suggest staying away from the auto-update cards as they will not work in a few days when Sony fixes the exploit that PlayFire is doing.[/quote]

Where did you hear that? Neither the Sony card or Playfire's card seems to auto-update.

[quote name='Breakpoint']You all are having problems because PlayFire is getting this information without Sony's conscent. SCEE is looking into what PlayFire is doing and will be shutting that aspect down.

I suggest staying away from the auto-update cards as they will not work in a few days when Sony fixes the exploit that PlayFire is doing.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is true. PlayFire has something on their site recently stating that they were working with Sony to make the auto cards.

thats where PlayFire is tricking you, they never stated they are working with Sony. They got an exclusive announcement from Sony in exchange to take down their first version of auto-updating cards. Now PlayFire is going against Sony's will once more. Trust me this will not make Sony happy.

Sony has no partners and are doing the trophy cards themselves right now. They may release something in the future, but if they do it will not be exclusive to one place like PlayFire.

I have recieved this word directly from Sony. PlayFire is only making matters worse for the games who want cards that auto-update.

[quote name='Breakpoint']thats where PlayFire is tricking you, they never stated they are working with Sony. They got an exclusive announcement from Sony in exchange to take down their first version of auto-updating cards. Now PlayFire is going against Sony's will once more. Trust me this will not make Sony happy.

Sony has no partners and are doing the trophy cards themselves right now. They may release something in the future, but if they do it will not be exclusive to one place like PlayFire.

I have recieved this word directly from Sony. PlayFire is only making matters worse for the games who want cards that auto-update.[/quote]

where exactly are you getting this info from??

I was finally able to get this to work. Do these cards "automatically" take a very, very long time to update. I played Battlefield like two days ago and got a couple trophies today. When does the "automatic" part kick in?

I'm pretty sure you need to update them yourselves. For me to get the Playfire card updated, I need to go to the "My Portable ID" tab on my account at the EU PlayStation site and hit update, then I need to go to Playfire to forcefully update.

Your absolutely right hostile, thanks for the tip. It's better than what we had before but its still not totally automatic if you have to go to two sites to update your card. I'll take it though, this beats manually updating every trophy.

Okay, Playfire seems to update automatically now (although it takes awhile) but there's something odd with either the EU site or Playfire because my most recent game/most recent game I achieved a trophy in is not working properly.

[quote name='Hostile']Anyone found a better alternative? I'm looking at PS3 Trophy Card right now...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Hostile. I decided to try the one in your link. I couldn't get the playfire one to work for at leat a couple of weeks now.

Edit: I decided to try the playfire one again, after I got this one from ps3throphycard working and now it the playfire one does work. But it did not show my trophy I got last night in Fallout 3, where the ps3throphycard one did. And the theme seems to change based off of the types of trophies you have or have at least earned as of late.

I finally got the playfire card to work. Guess it may have just taken some time for the information to begin feeding over from the EU site for whatever reason. I did nothing different then all of a sudden it started working and I was able to make one.

I got playfire working just now. Didn't seem too bad. I just got some trophies on Noby Noby Boy and they don't show up, but that's not really expected. Can't expect it to update instantaneously. Hope to see this updating itself soon.
If I have to go online to update it every so often, no big deal. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the tips, guys.

bread's done
Back