Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $78.99 at DeepDiscount.com

Ok, everyone, let's not forget Deep Discount sucks at getting pre-orders of popular games to you in a timely manner. although they usually do ship, it just takes a while.

(not trying to thread crap, just a timely warning so this doesn't turn into another long, complaint-filled thread like the Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Street Fighter/etc threads have)

Great deal. Especially with the free shipping and no sales tax. You won't get it on release day, but they are reliable on shipping out the product.

If you are a patient person, this is great deal. For those in California, you will save yourself around $18.

i wouldnt trust newegg. they mysteriously canceled my street fighter iv ce without the cancelation email or anything. just poof and gone.

I would trust Newegg over almost any other site. Especially with the Deepdiscount issue with SFIV CE. I had it with deepdiscount but...switched to newegg when they posted the price at $80 on their site.

DD has been running this one for roughly the same time as they were orders for SFIV, so the queue is probably pretty long by now. Luckily for me I'll be out of town for the entire week after the game is released so I won't miss it much, haha.

NewEgg is okay... I'm not that satisfied with them, but I still buy from them from time to time, experience started out great though. One time, I bought Dark Sector new but it came with the home style shrink wrap with part of the case exposed. It wasn't the official Playstation shrink wrap. And my Strangle Hold can with a tear that went straight thought to the cover art. They used bubble envelopes. And the last thing I bought from them, universal laptop adapter, was a returned item from someone else that they turned around and sold to me. Damn me for throwing about the box before I thought about returning it... a lot of OEM stuff... and you can't submit reviews with comments that details how well they package your item.

edit
: awww man I thought this was the RE5 NewEgg thread... ahhh screw this...

Last edited by a moderator:
i canceled my DD order and went with Newegg. Not that DD won't ship RE5CE, just that it will be slower than Newegg (i'm pretty sure of that). Newegg has better inventory control (at least you get the OoS, unlike DD, in stock items work in a mysterious way).

I actually got cancelled because I use Bill Me Later and was not approved.

Now I am questioning if I should get it at this price or wait?

Does anyone know if this is really Limited or is it a tons of copies?

In another words, will I see this next year sometime?

Unboxing Video

[youtube]bPjNqyVYoqQ[/youtube]

I've had this ordered from DD since the first week of February and I'm worried about not getting it. Good luck to everyone else.

About a year ago I ordered the Blue Planet or Planet Earth (forgot which, but the 4 disc set) from them for around $55 shipped. It arrived quickly and in good shape. My main issue was all the stories I heard about their shipping the SFIV CE.

[quote name='United_Korea']what are everyone's opinions on the availability of this CE? will it be limited like SFIV or plentiful like DMC4?[/quote]

I think it's limited!

RE5 CE is already sold OUT on Amazon.com!

If you're ordering from DeepDiscount, I hope you're not in a hurry to get anything. I just ordered Tim and Eric's Awesome Show season 2 from them around the time it came out, and it took a good 2 1/2 weeks to get it, and that was after it shipped from only a state away from me. So, they definitely use the slowest shipping possible.

I finally got my copy of PS3 RE5 CE today. I didn't order until the day of the release, and I'm patient so the longer shipping time wasn't an issue for me. The outer game box came in perfect condition, and was packaged in a small box with paper filling. I'm very pleased.

DSC_0093.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The CE is well worth it to me at this price. I love the steelbook. Kind of glad I didn't us DD tho since I got my CE $4 cheaper and 4 days sooner! but a deal is a deal and anything under 80$ for this CE is a good price.

bread's done
Back