Amazon: SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ plush $36.99

I had that as my Gold Box price 2 times already and passed both times. Here's hoping it'll show up in my Gold Box again with a further discount.

So for the ones who ordered it when it first became available, do we get this price now or the $39.99 price?

[quote name='Pck21']So for the ones who ordered it when it first became available, do we get this price now or the $39.99 price?
transparent_pixel.gif

[/QUOTE]

Amazon will Price Match for you and you should get the discounted price.

Good luck!

Here's the policy copy and pasted from Amazon website. Should be seeing a change in our pre-order price within 24 hours.
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

[quote name='mythus']http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QTW2GY

Some of us already preordered, so we should be seeing the price match. Originally $39.99 now $36.99[/quote]

If you pre-ordered and want the extra $3 off, it's probably best that you just re-order it and cancel your original order. Even though Amazon says they'll match the price if it drops, the only time they did that for me is when the price was less at the time of shipping.

If they discount it now and then raise the price again by the time it ships, you will pay your original pre-order price.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I had that as my Gold Box price 2 times already and passed both times. Here's hoping it'll show up in my Gold Box again with a further discount.[/quote]

Well, it's in my Gold Box for $35.14. I might just bite this time...

[quote name='floridagamer44']Amazon will Price Match for you and you should get the discounted price.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

[quote name='fakero']Here's the policy copy and pasted from Amazon website. Should be seeing a change in our pre-order price within 24 hours.
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='leshrac55']If you pre-ordered and want the extra $3 off, it's probably best that you just re-order it and cancel your original order. Even though Amazon says they'll match the price if it drops, the only time they did that for me is when the price was less at the time of shipping.

If they discount it now and then raise the price again by the time it ships, you will pay your original pre-order price.[/QUOTE]

Hmm ok. Thanks for the replies! I'm just scared that if I cancel and re-order that I won't be able to get the plush thing. I'll just wait and see how it goes. Thanks again! :)

[quote name='leshrac55']If you pre-ordered and want the extra $3 off, it's probably best that you just re-order it and cancel your original order. Even though Amazon says they'll match the price if it drops, the only time they did that for me is when the price was less at the time of shipping.

If they discount it now and then raise the price again by the time it ships, you will pay your original pre-order price.[/quote]

What? They've never done that to me.

[quote name='rainking187']What? They've never done that to me.[/quote]

Well, maybe they've fixed their system now... But I definitely remember Amazon having other pre-order sales on things that I'd already pre-ordered and then they would go away and I'd still be stuck with the old price. The first time that the "pre-order" guarantee worked for me was for the Dark Knight blu-ray, which dropped a dollar when it shipped... They sent me an e-mail the day that it shipped telling me that they gave me a better price because it had dropped.

[quote name='leshrac55']Btw, I just got into Persona 3 (and subsequently bought Persona 4 now)... Is this series also worth it?
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Yes definately!!

Spend your money! Your helping the economy! (well thats my excuse!)

Saint

[quote name='leshrac55']Btw, I just got into Persona 3 (and subsequently bought Persona 4 now)... Is this series also worth it?[/quote]

The first game is "meh," but this sequel is said to be a vast improvement. Go fer it, I say.

They say "super limited" on the plush, but this pre-order has been up forever at amazon and EB/GS. Still ordering, just annoying how Atlus plays its fans like a fiddle :)

[quote name='Maromi']The first game is "meh," but this sequel is said to be a vast improvement. Go fer it, I say.[/quote]

Well, pre-ordered... Guess I can cancel before May if I see some negative previews. =)

If they discount it now and then raise the price again by the time it ships, you will pay your original pre-order price.[/QUOTE]

I've had to many orders where I had to call Amazon for the promo or discount price. I had to call and remind them about the $10 gift card code for Gears 2. So I'm not entirely reliant on Amazon policy of keeping track of the lowest price and adjusting my order accordingly when it ships. I just canceled and re-ordered making sure I get the discount.

I mentioned they would probably put this on sale, but no one wanted to believe me since they were sold out :)

Anyway, I had to shoot off an email to get the price adjustment. It didn't happen automatically.

[quote name='Josef']I mentioned they would probably put this on sale, but no one wanted to believe me since they were sold out :)

Anyway, I had to shoot off an email to get the price adjustment. It didn't happen automatically.[/QUOTE]

Price adjustment can take as long as 24 hours... it's not instant.

Never played the first one but i've got till may to get it and play it :p..thanks op guess ima get this one while it's cheap.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I had that as my Gold Box price 2 times already and passed both times. Here's hoping it'll show up in my Gold Box again with a further discount.[/quote]

Same thing for me. I had it preordered at Gamestop, since I didn't have to pay tax using credit there, but I do have to pay tax for Amazon in my state. Once this hits my gold box a third time, I'll switch to Amazon.

i reordered and canned my ither irder. funny since they immediately changed the price for mario tennis when i preordered it but for this game they didnt.

Noticed this earlier this morning. No auto price-adjust, and I had an item I needed a filler for in-cart, so I just canceled and re-ordered.

I've noticed that it's taken longer for the price to get adjusted on my preorders. I forgot what game it was but I didn't get an automatic price adjustment until the next day. As long as they adjust it before it ships, I have no problems with it.

If you need to get a price adjusted on a pre-order, I highly recommend firing an email to Amazon.com about your existing order, to make sure you don't get missed if the price goes back up again.

That, and screen cap/print the price, so you have a record of it, if it goes up before you get it adjusted.

:whistle2:s Amazon's a little defensive, it seems. The response I got to my email was "we have no post-order price guarantee, but I'll make [another] one-time exception since your order hasn't shipped."

[quote name='botticus']:whistle2:s Amazon's a little defensive, it seems. The response I got to my email was "we have no post-order price guarantee, but I'll make [another] one-time exception since your order hasn't shipped."[/QUOTE]

I got the same response. I think it may have something to do that I had preordered it from my goldbox so it already had a small discount on it.

[quote name='Pck21']Hmm ok. Thanks for the replies! I'm just scared that if I cancel and re-order that I won't be able to get the plush thing. I'll just wait and see how it goes. Thanks again! :)[/quote]

You don't have to cancel and reorder. Even if they overlook it, you can always shoot customer support an e-mail and they'll be sure to fix it for you.

bread's done
Back