Bolt on BluRay ?

Richlough

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Which B&M will have the best deal on this?

I say B&M because, I'm taking my daughter to get it .
She's really been looking forward to it, after seeing it at the movies.

Thanks to all who reply!

[quote name='minimafiaaj']well best buy has it for $28 not really a great deal but you know...idk if amazons is different but for the same price you get Bolt (Three-Disc Edition w/ Standard DVD + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]

on the best buy site it didn't specify if it was that one.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Yup this is definately the best deal available, I've just had a look around.

I don't like best buy anyways! lol

I am not against the idea of moving to BD, but until prices come down to the same ticket price as DVD I have no interest, in the current economic climate they had better do this fast.
Unsure about the states, but here is Australia we pay about $35 to $45 AUD per blu ray disc (for new releases) what a joke!

that blows man i dont buy blu rays from stores like best buy usually i get them off amazon pay like $20 on average.

I loved this movie in the theater, but I won't pay more than $20 for a movie on bd, so looks like I'll be waiting to pick this up.

do we know if Disney is going to give out a disney rewards coupon like they did for HSM 3?? (the $10 coupon that could be printed out for rewards members)

[quote name='wormraper']do we know if Disney is going to give out a disney rewards coupon like they did for HSM 3?? (the $10 coupon that could be printed out for rewards members)[/QUOTE]

This would be very nice.

FYI: just so you guys know Wal-Mart nationwide broke street date either yesterday or today. My parents own a video store and we got a call saying we could put them out. So you can get them starting today because Disney changed the street date.

Disney did not change the street date. Most places will start selling them once another store has broken street date so they can compete.

[quote name='Richlough']Target is showing up at $26.99 .[/quote]

Target is the cheapest so far, and using the $10 off coupon (See :br: Coupon Thread Sticky) will bring it down to $16.99 :bouncy:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Target is the cheapest so far, and using the $10 off coupon (See :br: Coupon Thread Sticky) will bring it down to $16.99 :bouncy:[/quote]

Is this from a Target circular or the Target website? If it's the latter, it's shipped and sold by Amazon and may not accurately reflect in store pricing. Target will not price match their website (or any competitor for that matter).

Looks like the guy earlier up there was onto something - word just came in that it's okay to rent them out, and I saw Hastings selling them earlier, so either tons of stores are breaking street or it's out now.

[quote name='thelonepig']Is this from a Target circular or the Target website? If it's the latter, it's shipped and sold by Amazon and may not accurately reflect in store pricing. Target will not price match their website (or any competitor for that matter).[/quote]

It's from the ad...I get it on Thursdays (and Sunday's) for some reason.

Toys R Us has the 3-disc Bolt Blu-ray listed on their web site for $24.99. With the $10 coupon, that makes it a $14.99 purchase and officially takes Bolt from off my radar to 'blind buy' status.

[quote name='prim4444']At TRU, if you buy Bolt with any other Disney Movie, you save $10. Sale is on both versions.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know if anyone has been able to get this to work in conjunction with the manufacturer's coupon.

[quote name='PanamaJoe']Toys R Us has the 3-disc Bolt Blu-ray listed on their web site for $24.99. With the $10 coupon, that makes it a $14.99 purchase and officially takes Bolt from off my radar to 'blind buy' status.[/quote]

Nice...I might be hitting up TRU then.

Picked up the bluray at Walmart today. They refused to price match any competitors on this one stating that nobody else was "authorized" to sell it until Tuesday. Go figure.

Still, $19.96 is a great deal. The DVD copy is inside the case and not in a separate sleeve like it was for Sleeping Beauty. I imagine I could drop that and the digital copy on Amazon or ebay and cover the full cost of the bluray. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']FYI: just so you guys know Wal-Mart nationwide broke street date either yesterday or today. My parents own a video store and we got a call saying we could put them out. So you can get them starting today because Disney changed the street date.[/QUOTE]

Not true, NO Wal-Mart got approval to break street date. Any Wal-Mart that did will be subject to fines/sanctions from BVHE (but they won't do anything because it's Wal-Mart. ;) )

[quote name='donut']So wally's has the Bolt on blu for $19.96?

or $29.96 - $10?[/quote]

$29.96 - $10.

We just finished watching it and the whole family loved it. It certainly has one of the best audio mixes I've heard.

I loved Bolt. and was super surprised that it was a "DISNEY" movie.

I say that because I don't consider Cars, Toy Story, etc. etc. Disney flicks. there PIXAR movies. and the other CGI movies disney has tried to do by themselves have... well, lackluster (Valiant, Meet the Robinsons.) So, when they announced Bolt I was skeptical. But I love it.

Anyways, So.... can this be had for as little as 16.99 on BD?!? with a coupon?

Also, I must be blind. I'm not seeing the $10 off coupon anywhere. it says in the thread name, but, not in the post.

Nevermind found it.. haha. it's on page 3 near the bottom. Or right here. Bolt Blu-Ray $10 off
I had to do some finagling to get the coupon to work, requires a "coupon software download" and I had to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.. odd, but it's printed!

Last edited by a moderator:
just returned from shopping.
for what it's worth Blockbuster broke street date also but at $34.99! lol
might be an option for those with a bunch of credit and the $10 coupon

I also saw both the DVD (forget the price but had $4 instant rebate) and the Blu-Ray ($27.99) out at BJs. The Blu-Ray comes out tomorrow, but the DVD is out on Tuesday.

I don't think they are breaking street date. I don't have the article off hand but Disney said they were going to release this over the weekend instead of Tuesday, but I thought it was just Blu Ray

*EDIT*

Here it is

http://thedisneyblog.com/2009/01/26/bolt-dvd-and-blu-ray-release-dates-set/

So I guess a lot of retailers just didn't know the difference and either released all versions today or didn't get the memo and refused to sell them today

[quote name='moonphrogg']I'd like to know if anyone has been able to get this to work in conjunction with the manufacturer's coupon.[/quote]

I did this morning, no problems. Got bolt for 10 bucks and pinochio for 25 after the 10 dollar coupon and 10 dollar promo.

There is also an additional rebate for another $4 off for buying select Ronzoni items (pasta):
http://ronzonismarttaste.newworldpasta.com/bolt/bolt_rebate.cfm

You must wait until the 24th to buy this PER THE REBATE RULES:

Step 3: Cash register receipt from you Bolt DVD or Blu-ray purchase imprinted with store name and dated between March 24th, 2009 and July 31st, 2009 with purchase price circled (photocopies acceptable).

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Toys'r'us and got Sleeping Beauty and Bolt for 34.98, 37 and change after tax, not to bad. I was wanting sleeping beauty, but didn't want to pay 30 for it. Also picked up my FREE Thomas the Train :)

Has anyone redeemed the Disney rewards on the Bluray yet? The reward code and the unlock code for the digital copy are the same. Can the code be used to redeem the points and then later for the digital copy or does it require you to do both at the same time? I don't usually use the digital copies, so I thought I'd better ask.

Just got back from my local Savannah Toys R Us, got Pinocchio and Bolt for 38.13 after tax by using the coupon + $10 bucks off another disney movie.

Good Stuff! :D

Curses, missed out on saving another $5 at TRU just now.

Went at opening, no Bolts to be seen.
Gal pointed out the save $5 if you perorder Bolt to note the Tuesday date..I was more interested in the blu street date and failed to the read the preorder save $5 lil flyer.

Should have taken a moment to pre order right then...while they were retrieving the blu copies in the back...

Oh well, had the $10 off coupon ($14.99) and found the last "free" Thomas train...

I can't either. I can't even get my computer to recognize my printer right now. I'm bummed because for $15 I'd go out and buy this right now - for $25 it's a definite "no".

Are the coupons generic, or do they all have different UPC's? I can scan mine and post it but if it's a one time use thing I guess there wouldn't be any point to it.

Dang it, I just came back from tru, but didn't know about the $10 off another movie, and I still don't have. Pinocchio. I might go back later, but they only had 4 bolts left after I bought mine

I took the printout of the TRU basket to Wally and had them PM it. Then I used the $10 coupon, so I got the Bolt pack for $5.

The person at the register had to call a 'CSM' to ok everything, but since they did that should make this a little less YMMV, but still YMMV.
I also had to tell them it was a manufactures coupon from the internet and not a copy.

bread's done
Back