$400 80GB PS3 Bundle w/ Motorstorm & Resistance coming soon to Target

honestly.. why in the HECK dont they make the greatest hits version in black?!?!

I would totally buy a black case... that red is just so...ugly

Also... good going OP but i would suggest everone to STAY AWAY from this deal...

there is a ps3 price drop on march 22... it should go down to 300...

If this deal is going to be 400 after the price drop...sony... SHAME ON YOU! your hyping up your price 40 bucks more (GH = 30)

Why would Sony release a bundled PS3 package and have a price drop? What's your source on the March 22 price drop?

[quote name='CheapyD']Why would Sony release a bundled PS3 package and have a price drop? What's your source on the March 22 price drop?[/quote]

with everything taken into acct (the $400 80 gb system and this thread) i think that it will only be a $50 price drop

Here is the link to the original post..

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218120

and here is the post

[quote name='joker______']i didnt see this posted but just thought id let my fellow cag's know
i know its not a deal yet but its a heads up

http://www.2old2play.com/News/PlayStation_3_Price_Drop_Rumor__March_22nd_is_The_Day[/quote]

[quote name='CheapyD']A rumor from a sales clerk at EB with no photographic evidence? Bwahahahaha![/quote]

:oops:

I still say there might be some form of price drop... in all honesty (red cases aside) both of these games are pretty darn good and if there ISNT a price drop... then this is a sweet deal for anyone trying to start up a good PS3 library

[quote name='CheapyD']A rumor from a sales clerk at EB with no photographic evidence? Bwahahahaha![/quote]

:bomb:

Hey guys, NO RUMOR! I saw these last week at a Target here in Jersey. My reaction was like "What the Hell!" I was just telling a friend the same thing today. Even the guys at the local Gamestop had no clue about this. But Target is notorious for putting items on the shelf before the street date. I saw RE5 in the case on Tuesday of last week.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well then I hope that's true, otherwise this is a decent deal.[/quote]
It its true. I saw it with my own eyes.

And as far as a price drop goes, I saw the streaming news ticker while watching G4, and it said that a Sony bigwig confirmed that there will be no price drop soon.

I believe that this bundle is there way of avoiding a price drop. It makes sense. They bundle 2 games that costs them nothing to make, at least now anyway, and keep the price of the system where it is. And then the statement from Sony saying that there will be no price drop soon.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']honestly.. why in the HECK dont they make the greatest hits version in black?!?!

I would totally buy a black case... that red is just so...ugly

Also... good going OP but i would suggest everone to STAY AWAY from this deal...

there is a ps3 price drop on march 22... it should go down to 300...

If this deal is going to be 400 after the price drop...sony... SHAME ON YOU! your hyping up your price 40 bucks more (GH = 30)[/quote]
Because then it wouldn't be a Greatest Hits. Duh!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ricoraney']Because then it wouldn't be a Greatest Hits. Duh![/quote]

Is there some reason you need to do 5 posts in a row? That's what multi-quotes and editing are for man, sheesh :lol:

[quote name='Anexanhume']Is there some reason you need to do 5 posts in a row? That's what multi-quotes and editing are for man, sheesh :lol:[/quote]
player hater :booty:

[quote name='ricoraney']Hey guys, NO RUMOR! I saw these last week at a Target here in Jersey. My reaction was like "What the Hell!" I was just telling a friend the same thing today. Even the guys at the local Gamestop had no clue about this. But Target is notorious for putting items on the shelf before the street date. I saw RE5 in the case on Tuesday of last week.[/quote]

yes.. in the CASE.. as in not able to be sold yet.. if u bought them all, you could easily find people on craigslist to buy them for an extra 30 bucks to get this early! :booty:

So, is this new rumored bundle going to include a HDMI cable or are they still forcing people to buy it on monoprice? (or some idiots buy a monster cable for $40)

what a crappy deal. is this what the ps3 has become? giving out 2 old games with the system to hopefully push sales. what they should do is add the motorstorm 2 game and an hdmi cable or extra sixasis controller and that would be semi decent.

If their answer is to add a 2-year-old game you can get for ~$25 instead of dropping the price... I think they're officially screwed. $400 is $400, an extra game doesn't substantially increase it.

Meanwhile Microsoft is selling a $400 bundle with a brand new game (RE5) which goes for $60 new, which makes the Elite more like $350, only it comes with an HDMI cable.

Now if they're doing a new bundle AND a price drop... then I think they still stand a chance, and as a PS3 owner I hope that they do.

Not for nothing, but why does everyone seem to have a stiff-one over the HDMI cable? You can buy one for a couple of bucks. And Microsoft only includes one with the Elite. Their other two models still lack an HMDI cable.

I've always found it pretty stupid that Sony touts the PS3 as the height of high-definition entertainment, but then doesn't include a high-definition cable in the box. Nonetheless, it's not exactly a big deal, not in my book.

I do agree, though, that sticking two greatest hits titles in the box isn't going to make a lot of people run out to the store, especially when you can buy Motorstorm for $15 used at GameStop, thanks to the flood of previously bundled-in copies that got dumped there. All in all, this doesn't seem like the package that is going to get fence-sitters to finally say, "Yeah, that's what I was waiting for. The PS3 is priced right in my book, now."

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']All in all, this doesn't seem like the package that is going to get fence-sitters to finally say, "Yeah, that's what I was waiting for. The PS3 is priced right in my book, now."[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this is a start though. If Dell starts to offer this and the 20% off coupon it would be a decent deal at the least.

Maybe Sony plans to offer another credit card offer similar to the previous "200 off 349."

If they throw these two games and drop the price to $350 we could end up having a great deal on dell.com.

But till then, eh...

Their probably just going to start adding the 2 games in this new SKU for $400, and then sell the existing bare system SKU for $350 until they run out of that version.

[quote name='Z_meista']doesn't concern me since i already have a ps3[/quote]

Really? Please reply to every deal thread where you already own the item in question, only make sure not to make any remark of redeeming value such as "I think this is a much better deal than what I got it for, everyone should jump on this." You have no idea how much of a service you are performing for us.

[quote name='intoxicated662']what a crappy deal. is this what the ps3 has become? giving out 2 old games with the system to hopefully push sales. what they should do is add the motorstorm 2 game and an hdmi cable or extra sixasis controller and that would be semi decent.[/quote]
Not the greatest deal but better than them doing nothing and keeping Core at $400. Become? You act like this has never been done before. Bundling old games with consoles has happened on 360, on PS2, on Xbox, on GC. And farther back than that.

If anyone is holding their breath for a price drop, you're going to suffocate.
Just take the dell deal and get a new 80gb for ~340 shipped.

If Sony really wants to get people to run out and buy a PS3 without dropping the price, they should include 2 great new games. Throw in Little Big Planet AND MLB '09: The Show and I guarantee they'll move some systems. As it stands, this bundle is kind of...meh. I know a couple people on the fence waiting for a price drop or a new, sweet bundle but this deal won't get them to budge. One took the plunge into this gen with the RE5 360 bundle.

If only we could get that damn sweet Yakuza 3 system over here...

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/127762/ps3ryu.jpg?205318

I agree... if they threw in little big planet that could sell more items.. i would also suggest an additional controller...but lets be honest here... there's close to no reason to get a second controller (other than RE5)

Honestly i just got my ps3 and i am purchased both... Motorstorm and Resistance...

Yeah, if they threw in TWO big name titles like show, KZ2 or LBP, they'd be moving stock really quickly. In this economy though, it seems stupid to drop the price; aren't they already losing ~$50 per console? I don't think they can afford to lose $100-$150 per console. It seems more feasible to throw in some great games, hdmi cables, or even gift cards to move units.

[quote name='Trace17']Yeah, if they threw in TWO big name titles like show, KZ2 or LBP, they'd be moving stock really quickly. In this economy though, it seems stupid to drop the price; aren't they already losing ~$50 per console? I don't think they can afford to lose $100-$150 per console. It seems more feasible to throw in some great games, hdmi cables, or even gift cards to move units.[/QUOTE]

I imagine they are still losing a good chunk of $$$ on the system. I'm not so sure the world was ready for Blu-Ray just yet, but thats the gamble they took. It really doesn't make that much sense for them to drop price. They should instead add value and advertise the hell out of said value. They should start by putting in HDMI or composite HD cables. At least the hybrid ones that come with the 360 Pro. I was pissed when I opened my MGS 4 PS3 only to find some standard video/audio cables!

Even if they included LBP and a couple codes for LBP costumes or PSN DL games, they would sell more. And advertise how LBP is "the game that never runs out of new levels." Seriously, that game has some legs because of the community, yet many people simply don't know about this aspect!

It seems to me that Sony has really lost touch with its fanbase. They don't seem to know whats really going on in the games business and are too focused on Home and Blu-Ray, 2 things that 'gamers' are really not that interested in, regardless of how cool they actually are. Not that I think Home is cool, its a waste of time and resources to me. Blu-Ray is sweet, but I was surprised how many of my friends and family say they dont care or cannot tell the difference between Blu-Ray and DVD.

For many, 360 is the way to go this gen.

I think it's just to clear out stock at Target. Plus if you were already buying a PS3 for the first time, having two of the best games on it to start isn't bad.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Really? Please reply to every deal thread where you already own the item in question, only make sure not to make any remark of redeeming value such as "I think this is a much better deal than what I got it for, everyone should jump on this." You have no idea how much of a service you are performing for us.[/QUOTE]
"Es" "Tee" "Ef" "You" . Now decode that jackass.

[quote name='KingBroly']They should really pack-in Heavenly Sword, too. Give it more "Value".[/quote]

I dunno man... i felt that game fell short of what I thought it would offer... I was looking for a DMC/Godof War esque gameplay...and i grew bored of it quickly

Doesn't seem like that good an SKU to me. You can buy both those games off Amazon for $56 for BOTH!

Besides, both those games have sequels now! The online for the original Motorstorm usually has less than 100 ppl on it at a time. Seems odd that the system is going to be bundled with a couple of Greatest Hits games which were out just after launch.

That SKU should have had MGS4 and Uncharted or maybe LittleBigPlanet.

I get TWO GH games that already have superior sequels on shelves? AWESOME!!!

/sarcasm

Get your shit together Sony so I can buy one to play Killzone 2.

*Sigh* Once again Sony, you completely miss ze point. Nintendo gets it. Sega got it. Heck, even Microsoft gets it.

You know, when I think about what would be a good pack-in game, I ask myself a simple question: WWTD? (What Would Tom (Kalinske) Do?) Just as Altered Beast was replaced with Sega's big new platformer Sonic the Hedgehog, a company should choose a pack-in game that, well, sells consoles.

Would Resistance sell in Kansas? Does a game like the original Motorstorm appeal to everyone? Are these some of the best that Sony has to offer? Honestly, better routes would be:
- LittleBigPlanet: Wide audience potential, good for all ages.
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Same as LBP.
- Gran Turismo 5 (When they finally finish the bloody thing)

Third party opportunities: Burnout Paradise, MGS4 (The last bundles had pretty limited print runs), Street Fighter IV, Call of Duty 4 and/or WaW.

I agree with most of the people. What Sony doesn't understand is it's not the value of their machine, it's the price. If you want blu ray, a larger hard drive, bla bla blah, a $400 PS3 is much better value than the $300 xbox pro. The problem is a large portion of people will not spend $400 on a console or could care less about the features less rendering them useless. Same thing here. If you were completely gaga over these games, it adds some value. But I could get both of these games for $25 total off of ebay. $25/$400 does not seem like a big deal to me. I feel there best scenario would have been to push a $350 console now and pack in a big game during the holidays such as GT5 or LIttleBigPlanet, etc. Something that shows much more value than 2 year old games that haven't caused somebody to jump the fence yet.

bread's done
Back