Does Gamestop sell the AC/DC Track Pack for Rock Band?

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
So I want to get the PS3 Rock Band AC/DC track pack bundle, which I think is a Walmart exclusive (?), and unfortunately the only WalMart anywhere near me only has the game-only copy, not the bundle (of course they have the bundles for PS2, X360, and Wii, just not PS3:bomb:).

And even better, the game-only PS3 version has a price tag of $42.00 on it :roll:, so I was hoping to find a copy at Gamestop, but I've never seen it at any Gamestops nor can I even find it on gamestop.com.

Do they even take these for trade-in? Has anyone seen a copy at a gamestop?

[quote name='karkyco']So I want to get the PS3 Rock Band AC/DC track pack bundle, which I think is a Walmart exclusive (?), and unfortunately the only WalMart anywhere near me only has the game-only copy, not the bundle (of course they have the bundles for PS2, X360, and Wii, just not PS3:bomb:).

And even better, the game-only PS3 version has a price tag of $42.00 on it :roll:, so I was hoping to find a copy at Gamestop, but I've never seen it at any Gamestops nor can I even find it on gamestop.com.

Do they even take these for trade-in? Has anyone seen a copy at a gamestop?[/quote]

I traded in my copy and then saw it on the shelf the next day for $30. Of course, that's a complete ripoff at that price since you can a) get it cheaper from Wal-mart directly and b) Get it brand new for cheaper on Ebay or something like that (which is what I did). And also c) The copy at Gamestop almost definitely has used up the code to download the games into Rock Band proper (like mine), so $30 for a used copy is really a complete waste of money.

[quote name='leshrac55']I traded in my copy and then saw it on the shelf the next day for $30. Of course, that's a complete ripoff at that price since you can a) get it cheaper from Wal-mart directly and b) Get it brand new for cheaper on Ebay or something like that (which is what I did). And also c) The copy at Gamestop almost definitely has used up the code to download the games into Rock Band proper (like mine), so $30 for a used copy is really a complete waste of money.[/quote]

Yeah, I figured as much. If they had it reasonably priced, say $10-15, I'd take a chance. Damn, I better just bite the bullet and buy a game-only copy at WalMart before they go bye-bye, but man I really wanted that bonus DVD....thanks!

My Wal-Mart sold me the bundle for $29, even though the price on the box said $42.

If I were you, I'd ask them to do a price check to see if they've clearanced it out but haven't changed the price.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']My Wal-Mart sold me the bundle for $29, even though the price on the box said $42.

If I were you, I'd ask them to do a price check to see if they've clearanced it out but haven't changed the price.[/quote]

Yeah, I just wish they had the full bundle for PS3. Even if it was $20 (clearance price for the bundle reported in the WalMart YMMV deals thread) for the game only version, I feel cheated not having the opportunity to even get the PS3 bundle.

I think you are in LA right Karkyo? If you are ever in the OC, you can get a PS3 full bundle at the Walmart in Cerritos for 29.98. They have about 8 of them.

[quote name='jling84']I think you are in LA right Karkyo? If you are ever in the OC, you can get a PS3 full bundle at the Walmart in Cerritos for 29.98. They have about 8 of them.[/quote]

Oh sweet, jling! Thanks for that bit of intel!!!

Well I would keep it anyway, but I guess so. I haven't pulled anything into either game (I have RB1, RB2, and TrackPack Vol.2) - so what should I do? Do I get to pull all the songs from RB1 and Track Pack Vol. 2 into RB2? I'd rather do that than have to switch discs or whatnot...

EDIT: Cerritos is a little bit out of my way, but I will try to hit it up tomorrow...

[quote name='karkyco']Well I would keep it anyway, but I guess so. I haven't pulled anything into either game (I have RB1, RB2, and TrackPack Vol.2) - so what should I do? Do I get to pull all the songs from RB1 and Track Pack Vol. 2 into RB2? I'd rather do that than have to switch discs or whatnot...

EDIT: Cerritos is a little bit out of my way, but I will try to hit it up tomorrow...[/quote]
You'll find a code in the back of the instruction booklet. Use that code, per the instructions, to download the songs onto your HDD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']So I want to get the PS3 Rock Band AC/DC track pack bundle, which I think is a Walmart exclusive (?), and unfortunately the only WalMart anywhere near me only has the game-only copy, not the bundle (of course they have the bundles for PS2, X360, and Wii, just not PS3:bomb:).

Do they even take these for trade-in? Has anyone seen a copy at a gamestop?[/QUOTE]

When you say "PS3 Rock Band AC/DC track pack bundle", you mean the game along with the instruments? Such a bundle was never released. There is only the stand-alone track pack game that retails for $39.88.

EDIT
Sorry, I realized by "bundle" you meant being bundled together with the DVD.

[quote name='MasterSun1']When you say "PS3 Rock Band AC/DC track pack bundle", you mean the game along with the instruments? Such a bundle was never released. There is only the stand-alone track pack game that retails for $39.88.[/QUOTE]

No there's some kind of bundle that has the AC/DC expansion disc along with a live AC/DC DVD.

And there is not point in keeping the discs from the AC/DC track pack or Volume 2 track pack since you don't actually export the tracks off the disc. You actually download the tracks through the PS Store.

I forget how it works with the original RB though, if it's through the store as well, or it actually pulls data off the discs.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']Two things:

1. You'll find a code in the back of the instruction booklet. Use that code, per the instructions, to download the songs onto your HDD.

2. If anyone wants the DVD that comes with this package, PM me and I'll send it to you, no charge, when I get paid next week. I bought the bundle thinking the DVD was the "Live at Donnington" show but was sorely disappointed when it wasn't.[/quote]

Hmmm, what? I thought it was the "Live at Donnington" show, doesn't it say so on the box? LOL, what is it a DVD of?

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, what? I thought it was the "Live at Donnington" show, doesn't it say so on the box? LOL, what is it a DVD of?[/quote]
The DVD is No Bull: The Director's Cut. There's also a Black Ice t-shirt in there. I got a clearanced bundle thinking the DVD/shirt could be a decent way to make some money back on eBay, but they only ended up selling for $5. :cry:

And to answer the previous questions, Track Pack 2 and the AC/DC disc both have a code on the back of the manual to download all the tracks through the Xbox/PSN store. You don't need the discs at all. For Rock Band, you can buy a $5 "export license" which allows you to export the tracks. Just fire up Rock Band, let it patch itself to add the feature, then go to Options -> Export Tracks. The tracks are pulled off the disc and put on your hard drive. And voila! All your songs are now playable in Rock Band 2 (except for "Paranoid", "Run To The Hills", and "Enter Sandman". Harmonix couldn't relicense them for whatever reason).

Be sure when using the download codes that you do them under your gamertag/account! Things can get a little messy if you don't, especially on the Xbox.

Cool, thanks Grue! It's on my PS3, but I'll figure it out. Just haven't had time to get to RB2 or the track pack. But I definitely want this AC/DC track pack. Just wish Thunderstruck was on it, that would be awesome.

Hey Karkyco, all you gotta do is go into the PSN store and click that button on the upper right, "Enter code" or something and then enter the code on the AC/DC pack and the Vol. 2 and then you can transfer all the songs into Rock Band 2. I have done that along with the $5 transfer code so now my RB2 has RB1, RB2, and AC/DC songs all available when i play RB2. I then sold/traded my RB1 and AC/DC discs since theres no need for them anymore after you transfer all the songs.

[quote name='karkyco']Cool, thanks Grue! It's on my PS3, but I'll figure it out. Just haven't had time to get to RB2 or the track pack. But I definitely want this AC/DC track pack. Just wish Thunderstruck was on it, that would be awesome.[/quote]

You mean the game? Thunderstruck is on there. The setlist is from their Razor's Edge tour. Here's the setlist:

Thunderstruck
Shoot to Thrill
Back in Black
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Heatseeker
Fire Your Guns
Jailbreak
The Jack
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Moneytalks
Hells Bells
High Voltage
Whole Lotta Rosie
You Shook Me All Night Long
T.N.T.
Let There Be Rock
Highway To Hell
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

[quote name='karkyco']Cool, thanks Grue! It's on my PS3, but I'll figure it out. Just haven't had time to get to RB2 or the track pack. But I definitely want this AC/DC track pack. Just wish Thunderstruck was on it, that would be awesome.[/quote]
Thunderstruck is the first track, and it is fun as heck. But for some odd reason, the AC/DC disc uses the RB1 engine, which lets you play the entire intro as hammer-ons (without strumming). When you export it to RB2, the RB2 engine makes you strum half the notes. It doesn't make it harder (for me, at least), but it does feel a little less cool.

[quote name='jling84']Hey Karkyco, all you gotta do is go into the PSN store and click that button on the upper right, "Enter code" or something and then enter the code on the AC/DC pack and the Vol. 2 and then you can transfer all the songs into Rock Band 2. I have done that along with the $5 transfer code so now my RB2 has RB1, RB2, and AC/DC songs all available when i play RB2. I then sold/traded my RB1 and AC/DC discs since theres no need for them anymore after you transfer all the songs.[/quote]

Awesome...that's what I'm going to do then...and Thunderstruck is there?!? Holy crap! How did I miss that?!? I was looking at the list on the package and didn't see it, LOL! Going to get it today!!! Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back