What happens when you mix Melatonin and Xanax

FunkyDoRight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I was getting my Xanax scrip filled today and asked about melatonin(Natural Sleep aid) and the dude told me not to take them together because they react to each other. Anyone know what they do?

image.php

[quote name='Maklershed']Not to be a dick .. but why didn't you just ask the guy right after he said it?[/quote]

Because I didn't think about it till I got back to my truck.

And your picture made me think "HEY PAUL"

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']Because I didn't think about it till I got back to my truck.

And your picture made me think "HEY PAUL"[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I was getting my Xanax scrip filled today and asked about melatonin(Natural Sleep aid) and the dude told me not to take them together because they react to each other. Anyone know what they do?[/QUOTE]
TheySeeMeLulin.gif

Do not take Melatonin and Anxiolytics, Sedatives, and Hypnotics (drugs to relieve anxiety or to cause drowsiness or sleep) together without talking to your health care provider. Generally it is recommended that you do not take two drugs for sleep together. You may feel drowsy or more tired when taking these drugs together. Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how these drugs affect you.

The severity rating is moderate.

I'm guessing you could pass out for a really long time. Melatonin on its own does a good trick of putting the sleepies in motion; I can't imagine how much more effective it would be when you're taking a drug designed to chill you out.

I would imagine that it could relax your body to the point where everything slows down. If I'm not mistaken, that's what happened to Heath Ledger.. not these two together alone (he had a handful of other drugs as well), but Xanax and a sleeping agent were definitely involved. I guess it all depends on the dosage. I did a quick google search and there was a post about a guy that took it and he said it slowed his heart rate to about 50bpm (average is between 75 and 80).

So I wouldn't think about mixing them.

Xanax can suppress melatonin production. Other than that, there aren't any good studies on the subject.

At the least, you should have a good idea on how these affect you separately before taking them together. Both of these can have wildly differing effects in different persons. The doses used on violent patients in psychiatric wards would put most people in a coma. Some former patients described it as feeling like their head was wrapped in a wet blanket.

Yes you can mix these two drugs. Melotonin is a chemical that your body produces naturally to fall asleep. So You would be on melotonin at night whether you take a pill version or not.

Brand Xanax

Last edited by a moderator:
You turn into a melanax. Basically a cross between a Dr. Seuss character and a serial killer. No biggie. Toss some booze into the mix and you'll be the talk of the town!

[quote name='nasum']You turn into a melanax. Basically a cross between a Dr. Seuss character and a serial killer. No biggie. Toss some booze into the mix and you'll be the talk of the town![/QUOTE]

I lol'd

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I was getting my Xanax scrip filled today and asked about melatonin(Natural Sleep aid) and the dude told me not to take them together because they react to each other. Anyone know what they do?[/QUOTE]
loldrums.gif

Worst side-effect ever: Wii Music will control you in your sleep.

[quote name='subject180']Yes you can mix these two drugs. Melotonin is a chemical that your body produces naturally to fall asleep. So You would be on melotonin at night whether you take a pill version or not.[/QUOTE]

Way to give him an answer a year and a half later! Look at dates before you revive a long dead thread newbler.

bread's done
Back