Toys R Us - $10 off $75 order with PayPal & [Buy 1, Get 1 $20 off *DEAD*]

alanamaslama

CAGiversary!
Offer expires March 30, 2009. All video games qualify. Online only (of course).

In addition to this, they have a sale for all the Wii, 360 and PS3. If you buy 1 game at least $39.99 in price, you get the 2nd game of equal or greater value for $20 off. So, the combined savings would be $30. However, the disclaimer for this offer states that it cannot be combined with any other promotion. I would like to know if you could combine this with the Paypal offer since both discounts are made at separate times (Buy 1, Get 1 discount is made in the cart, the Paypal discount is made during payment). FWIW, they advertise the Paypal promotion in your cart page as well.

Also FWIW, if you bought RE5 from TRU, you'd have that free $20 gift card. If you use it in this purchase, that's $50 off a game from TRU given that the aforementioned offers combine.

Edit: Just ran through the entire ordering process. ALL OFFERS WILL COMBINE.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='alanamaslama']Offer expires March 30, 2009. All video games qualify. Online only (of course).

In addition to this, they have a sale for all consoles. If you buy 1 game at least $39.99 in price, you get the 2nd game of equal or greater value for $20 off. So, the combined savings would be $30.

Also FWIW, if you bought RE5 from TRU, you'd have that free $20 gift card. If you use it in this purchase, that's $50 off a game from TRU![/QUOTE]

the buy 1 get 1 is only for ps3 wii and xbox360 and good luck geting all of that to combine

Is there anything that says it won't stack?

Anyway, good deal, will be doing the $20 off from a B&M tomorrow, they don't have The Show 09 in stock online.

Thanks for the console note. I must've overlooked it. As for combining offers, I just tried it and it worked fine. Good looking out though.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Is there anything that says it won't stack?

Anyway, good deal, will be doing the $20 off from a B&M tomorrow, they don't have The Show 09 in stock online.[/quote]

The Buy 1, Get 1 disclaimer says no stacking, but since the Paypal discount takes place during the actual payment and not pre-finalization, it works.

[quote name='vg09']hey dude, How can I get the 20 dollars gift card?
(ok I got it)[/quote]

If you bought RE5 from TRU the weekend it released, they should've given you a gift card.

So tempting. I'd be all over this if tax and shipping weren't ~$6 a piece for me. Takes it from a pretty good $69 (34.50 per game) to $80 ($40 a game). Still...pretty darn tempting. Not to mention I just picked up MadWorld and RE5 elsewhere, so spending another $80 makes me sad.

I want to use up my $20 gift card from RE5 before it expires on April 30th. I know I want Mad World as the first game. Still trying to decide between SF4 and House of the Dead Overkill for the second.

If my total comes to $71.32 AFTER I have applied both the $20 discount and my $20 giftcard will I still qualify for the $10 PayPal discount on orders over $75.00?

For those who have gotten the $10 PayPal discount, when does it appear? Should it appear on the screen titled "review your order" where you have to click "send my order" or does it not appear until you are actually filling out your PayPal info?

I've been trying to create various combinations to combine the B1G1 20 off and the PayPal discount, and it's weird how certain pairs either negate free shipping (despite both items having free shipping individually) or don't have the 20 off apply, despite both having the promo listed on the item page.

[quote name='Squarehard']Tempted to do HotD Overkill and possibly dead rising or maybe madworld. decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

Thats the games I'm also thinking about.

if you do paypal USE A CREDIT CARD do not use paypal funds..

if there is a problem with one of the games and you have to return it , you will NEVER see your money if you use paypal funds..

TRU says they refund the money but paypal will say they never did and in the end you will be screwed

[quote name='slidecage']if you do paypal USE A CREDIT CARD do not use paypal funds..

if there is a problem with one of the games and you have to return it , you will NEVER see your money if you use paypal funds..

TRU says they refund the money but paypal will say they never did and in the end you will be screwed[/quote]
wth... does this happen with using paypal at all sites?

Added a $60 game and a $50 game to my cart and $20 was deducted from the cheaper one. When I add my $20 gift card, the $10 Paypal discount disappears. When I delete the gift card from my order, the $10 re-appears.

I tried going through checkout with the gift card in my order and Paypal shows the total without the $10 discount. Has anyone used a gift card to partially pay and get the $10 off?

P.S. - I tried adding a $15 item to the cart just to bump my final subtotal after coupon and gift card above $75 and no dice.

[quote name='J7.']wth... does this happen with using paypal at all sites?[/quote]
No, it's all user experience. I've gotten my refund back from Buy.com when I used a virtual card to try and get some deals couple of times. All of them were canceled and I got my money back within couple of days. Most people expect within hours because it's all done electronically.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Added a $60 game and a $50 game to my cart and $20 was deducted from the cheaper one. When I add my $20 gift card, the $10 Paypal discount disappears. When I delete the gift card from my order, the $10 re-appears.

I tried going through checkout with the gift card in my order and Paypal shows the total without the $10 discount. Has anyone used a gift card to partially pay and get the $10 off?

P.S. - I tried adding a $15 item to the cart just to bump my final subtotal after coupon and gift card above $75 and no dice.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried everything you have done and have gotten the same results. I'll probably just go to a B&M TRU later this week and do this (no $10 PayPal discount is almost balanced out by no shipping).

I really wish 09 The Show would come back into stock. Its been 3 days and they are still out of stock. Think I could buy Resident Evil and then exchange it for the show when I receive it? I was going to do Mirrors Edge to finish the deal. Too bad I can't get free shipping for Mirrors Edge.

So the RE5 GC, $20 off promotion, and $10 PayPal payment all work together? If anyone has gotten it to work, what games did you buy? 2 360 Games? 2 Wii Games?

[quote name='advanced']So the RE5 GC, $20 off promotion, and $10 PayPal payment all work together? If anyone has gotten it to work, what games did you buy? 2 360 Games? 2 Wii Games?[/quote]

I got the GH:WT (w/guitar) bundle and Fable II, and it worked out. But it seems like everyone else is having a problem stacking the GC with the Paypal one. Not sure.

i got SF 4 and skate 2, both $59.99 but in my cart it says my total is $119.98 or whatever, both games have the buy 1 get 1 $20 off, does it come off after i go through secure check out?

I just added another game to see if it would take it off, and it did. how come i cant do it with SF4 and skate 2, it says ALL games over $39.99 and they are all xbox 360, i dont get it.

I was going to pull the trigger on Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill earlier in the week, but tax and shipping killed it for me...but I just pulled the trigger because of the $10. Paypal offer.

I trying to decide if $80 shipped for HOD Overkill and MadWorld is worth it. I think I can get a better deal than this in the near future somewhere else. Cant decide.............

[quote name='justins76']i got SF 4 and skate 2, both $59.99 but in my cart it says my total is $119.98 or whatever, both games have the buy 1 get 1 $20 off, does it come off after i go through secure check out?

I just added another game to see if it would take it off, and it did. how come i cant do it with SF4 and skate 2, it says ALL games over $39.99 and they are all xbox 360, i dont get it.[/QUOTE]

It is becuase of the free SF4 figurine that gets added when you add SF4. Remove that from your cart and the deal will work.

Well that's bullshit. I wanted to grab Trivial Pursuit and Madworld, but they have the 360 and PS3 versions of Trivial Pursuit listed as pre-orders. So I figure what the hell and add the Wii version. Got all the way up to the final step before paying and it won't take the $20 off. Oh well, guess Toys R' Us just saved me some money by having a glitched sale.

[quote name='maxfisher']Well that's bullshit. I wanted to grab Trivial Pursuit and Madworld, but they have the 360 and PS3 versions of Trivial Pursuit listed as pre-orders. So I figure what the hell and add the Wii version. Got all the way up to the final step before paying and it won't take the $20 off. Oh well, guess Toys R' Us just saved me some money by having a glitched sale.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I wanted Rune Factory. There always seems to be a game I want that is released during the sale week that does not work for me. Plus they never have it in the store.

Did anybody ever get the $10 paypal discount to work with a gift card? This is the last day for the deal and my local TRU doesn't have Mad World in stock.

I just got a Wii. I picked up Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Play, and Smash Bros. from the store and grabebd Animal crossing Wii and Twilight Princess off the site. Nice.

Tax I accept. But shipping really sucks. However, there is free shipping on preorders, which of course doesn't work for the deal.

When Google Checkout was giving out those discounts like crazy at their beginning, I would buy stuff from Toys R Us using the discounts to merely cover tax and shipping.

[quote name='davidl']Buy 2 $59.99 Games comes out to about 80 plus tax and shipping about $45 a game.[/quote]

Wouldn't it be $90 + tax?

$120 - $20 TRU discount - $10 PP discount = $90.

I added two games over $39.99 but it would not give me the $20 discount. So that deal must be dead. I guess I'll just save my money for something else.

bread's done
Back