Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - DS or Wii for $36.99 & FS

Nice. This has been getting decent reviews and both say they are pretty identical, all depends on what u want to play it on @_@

It should be noted that in order to play local multiplayer with the Wii version, each of your friends must have a DS and a copy of the game.

[quote name='Skoad']It should be noted that in order to play local multiplayer with the Wii version, each of your friends must have a DS and a copy of the game.[/quote]

Actual I think you have misunderstood how it works. The multiplayer actually gives you the option to play multiplayer with other players on the Wii through the DS, not like the original intended way multiplayer option in the original Crystal Chronicles that required GBA for each player to play multiplayer. Which pretty much means people can play on their DS at the same time others are on the Wii and be in the same world same battles simultaneously if they wanted to, which I think is pretty cool stuff.

I understand how it works. It's lame that you can't set it up like the original version. In order to play with my friends, I don't want to have them all to need to buy a copy for their DS. I was excited for this at first because when the original came out, I was the only person in my group of friends that owned a GBA, now almost everyone I know owns a DS.

[quote name='Skoad']I understand how it works. It's lame that you can't set it up like the original version. In order to play with my friends, I don't want to have them all to need to buy a copy for their DS. I was excited for this at first because when the original came out, I was the only person in my group of friends that owned a GBA, now almost everyone I know owns a DS.[/quote]

Why don't you just have them all play on your Wii when they come over then, lol. You do know the Gamecube version did not offer to let everyone play on the Gamecube without a GBA, and the Wii version gives you the option to play all on the Wii or to split the multiplayer through the DS to link to each other. How is that worse? If you mean it suck that you need 4 DS cartridges to play multiplayer for 4 DS, then thats a different story, and yeah, it sux, but with such an extensive game where you actually retain levels and items and etc, you sort of each need to have your own cartridge to fully make the mechanics of that work. Otherwise I am not sure how they will be able to do it with 1 cartdige multiplayer to 4 DS with everyone having their own characters, levels, and items.

[quote name='Squarehard']Why don't you just have them all play on your Wii when they come over then, lol.[/QUOTE]
Because you can't do that. There's no local multiplayer on just the Wii by itself.

[quote name='Skoad']Because you can't do that. There's no local multiplayer on just the Wii by itself.[/quote]

Wow, I just did some reading as of March 3, and holy crap, there is no local multiplayer without a DS. This SUCKS. I guess the only solace I can take in this game is maybe the online play, and thats a big MAYBE. Thanks for the info by the way.

btw, frys also has both of these in the ad for $34.99, and in the end it is actually better for me since I get charged for tax from Buy.com. Ends up $2 cheaper at frys for me.

bread's done
Back