XBox 360 at future shop

RobMinhas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hi CAG-adians(see what i did there?),
I bought a 360 and i bought a 3 year warranty at future shop and it does not expire until October 2010 and i was wondering if it was possible for me to cash in and maybe get a new console or something because i do not want the $50+ i payed to go to waste.
Thanks.

If the console requires more than 3 repairs, then you get a new system. If it has a problem that they cannot fix, or is not economically sound to fix, you get a new system. If a repair takes more than 60 days, you get a new system. Attempting to sabotage your system in the hopes of getting a free replacement down the line is fraud, and I hope they catch you, if that's what you're trying to do. Good luck mate.

[quote name='game_fanatic']If the console requires more than 3 repairs, then you get a new system. If it has a problem that they cannot fix, or is not economically sound to fix, you get a new system. If a repair takes more than 60 days, you get a new system. Attempting to sabotage your system in the hopes of getting a free replacement down the line is fraud, and I hope they catch you, if that's what you're trying to do. Good luck mate.[/QUOTE]

No that is not what i am planning to do at all. its just that i would like some reimbursement for shelling out the money but i fear my console is going to die pretty soon so I am hoping either to take advantage of my warranty.

[quote name='RobMinhas']No that is not what i am planning to do at all. its just that i would like some reimbursement for shelling out the money but i fear my console is going to die pretty soon so I am hoping either to take advantage of my warranty.[/quote]

So why ask? You can't get a refund on your warranty, if that what you're asking. You're paying $50 for peace of mind should your 360 give up the ghost. You can't "take advantage" of a warranty: you use it or you don't.

[quote name='RobMinhas']I may sounding of as a jerk but what i meant is if my 360 dies does my warranty only cover certain things?[/quote]
The warranty booklet that they provide to you covers everything you should need to know about what is covered and what isn't. As a general rule of thumb for a console warranty is that as long as it's not physically broken, they will replace it.

bread's done
Back