Laptop Locks?

seen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Can anyone recommend the best lock that would provide 1st line security deterrent (I know that they don't truly work if someone really wants the computer), I've checked around amazon and newegg but can't really tell what would be my best option.

Thanks!

I really couldn't find many good consistent lock reviews online, do you know anything about Tryten laptop locks personally?

I've looked around and found these brands to be a top 3. Targus, Kensington, & Tryten(can someone confirm name brand vs generic difference)? The products all look the same, anyone with personal experience?

I used a kingston lock while I was in school and it worked just fine. Really its more of a deterrent. If someone wants to steal your stuff they will if its locked down or not. But it does keep random people from walking off with your stuff rather well.

You missed out on a good deal. One of the tiems being blown out in the last few days of the Circuit City liquidation was Kensington laptop cable locks. (BTW, Kensington is the company that originated the standard for this stuff, originally as a Mac product since the early Macs were so easy to grab.)
They had them down to $7 and I picked up a dozen for my employer. We often rent equipment for the events where we perform tech support and expect to make our money back and then some on these.

bread's done
Back