Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.
Max Payne 3 (T.B.A.) - Rockstar Vancouver (Rockstar Games)
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, P.C.
1. 'Bullet-time' (slo-mo) - recharge by killing enemies - and 'shoot-dodge' - sliding/diving over objects while still aiming.
2. Carry up to 3 weapons, 2 of which can be dual-wielded (any "small" firearms combo of your choosing). Wheel weapon selection (like Red Dead Redemption).
3. Starts 8 years after M.P.2. with "regular" Max, then later takes place in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
4. There's a cover system with optional blindfire.
5. Motion capture to be acted and captured at the same time. Voice of Max returns. Other M.P. characters return too.
6. Linear game and more or less ditching the comic-style cutscenes (was due to budget in previous entries).
7. No regenerating health, still taking pills for health.
8. "Multiplayer's a huge part of Max Payne 3, and we’ll be going into more detail on it soon,"
Apr. 3 2011 - EDGE Magazine Scans
Mar. 30 2011 - 'RockstarGames' Tweets "He's coming." with 2 New Screens [source]
Edited by shrike4242, 05 April 2011 - 12:06 PM.