EBGames.com blacklisting?

King Bahamut

CAGiversary!
One of my suitemates logged on his account and checked his order status list, and when he clicked one, he noticed his order was cancelled and right under his address it said "Reservation Rewards Abuse". Has anyone else been having this problem?

Note: My orders are all being cancelled all the damn time, even when I use or don't use a legit coupon code like the 1 day code for buying a used game and getting one for free. Is this because of the Reservation Rewards thing?

i just checked my account and while your post was kinda vauge on how you see if youre blacklisted, mine seems fine

I would not be suprised. Considering how people abused something in this capcity, blacklisting is a very viable option.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I would not be suprised. Considering how people abused something in this capcity, blacklisting is a very viable option.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised either, but I'm curious.

You reap what you sow.

Anyone who didn't see a possibility of this happening to them after abusing the coupon is a retard.

bahamut, did your friend place orders and cancel them to get the rr 10 bucks? or did he place order after order after order. i place order after order and all mine have worked perfectly. i think the people who have been ordering, then cancelling to get the 10 for free are having trouble.

2. Per the terms of the agreement, you were allowed 1. Do I think that they'd go after someone who only used 2-3? No. I'm guessing that they'd go after people who really abused it (10+) or people who abused it more that 5 times. They should be smarter than to go and piss of a large part of thier customer base, but they do have to do something to stop those who abused it beyond a reasonable level.

No, he didn't abuse it that way (ordering and cancelling to get $10 free). He, another suitemate, and I all used it to buy games (although for the one other suitemate, he used it to buy mass DVDs for extremely cheap).

The orders still shipped and we received them all, but they cancel all our orders now.

You still abused it, per the terms of the agreement. It's realy hard to feel pity if you violated the written terms of the deal (just like it's hard to feel sorry for the people who forgot to cancel with the company giving them the 10 dollars off.

hmm well i used 6 codes, but only signed up 3 times and never did the pre order thing, i still have one code, but im totally waiting/maybe not gunna use it, depending on what happens with the rewards when my credit statement comes

[quote name='King Bahamut']No, he didn't abuse it that way (ordering and cancelling to get $10 free). He, another suitemate, and I all used it to buy games (although for the one other suitemate, he used it to buy mass DVDs for extremely cheap).

The orders still shipped and we received them all, but they cancel all our orders now.[/quote]

oh, that sucks... i better watch out too :)

[quote name='JSweeney']You still abused it, per the terms of the agreement. It's realy hard to feel pity if you violated the written terms of the deal (just like it's hard to feel sorry for the people who forgot to cancel with the company giving them the 10 dollars off.[/quote]

Yes, we all know it's abuse, and I think it's worse to pity EB, which makes several million $ a year, especially ripping us gamers off in B&M so long (until finding this site).

[quote name='King Bahamut'][quote name='JSweeney']You still abused it, per the terms of the agreement. It's realy hard to feel pity if you violated the written terms of the deal (just like it's hard to feel sorry for the people who forgot to cancel with the company giving them the 10 dollars off.[/quote]

Yes, we all know it's abuse, and I think it's worse to pity EB, which makes several million $ a year, especially ripping us gamers off in B&M so long (until finding this site).[/quote]

Um...they charge msrp...ie the same price as any other store (walmart charges about a buck less but doesn't have the same games) so why are you complaining about Eb ripping people off? It's not them that set the price, it's the publisher and they pay about 35 bucks per 50 dollar game, 15 bucks profit on a single new game...then rent, wages, taxes, etc... They aren't really ripping anyone off.

They definitely rip people off with used games. They buy it for about half of what they turn around and sell it for. Granted they are in the business of making money, it's still a rip off.

It's the customers decision to sell the game to EB at what price level EB decides to give them for the game. I agree they give too little for trade in credit but if someone trading in games feels they are getting ripped off, there are other options (like EBay and the trading board here)

Other options? What, take it to GameStop for the same crappy credit? Sell it on eBay (for a fee) and MAYBE in a couple of days you will get your money if you are lucky and your buyer isn't a jerk?

It's a ripoff on a virtual captive market that is only surpassed by college textbooks.

What about the fact that video game stores don't HAVE to buy your games back. It's not like it is a very common practice that a store will buy a product back from you after you are done with it. I understand this is more common with media, but you have to be a moron to purchase a game with the intention of selling it back at a good price.

ebay works quite nicley, ive only been burned on there a couple times, im sure ive made much more on games than if i took all my games to eb, your logic has more holes than my old tempo

Uh I think this is getting kind of off topic. Don't justify participating in this by saying eb screws people over, well except for that one article that was posted where eb wanted to make the woman who's stuff was stolen buy her stuff back. If you participated in this fine but lets not turn this into a discussion of whether or not eb is a good retailer.

Lets keep this on the topic, of who used RR multiple times and has or has not been blacklisted.

[quote name='PapiChullo']They definitely rip people off with used games. They buy it for about half of what they turn around and sell it for. Granted they are in the business of making money, it's still a rip off.[/quote]

any store that sells used merchandise (games or otherwise) only gives you about half of what they sell if for (at the most), not just eb games.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='PapiChullo']They definitely rip people off with used games. They buy it for about half of what they turn around and sell it for. Granted they are in the business of making money, it's still a rip off.[/quote]

any store that sells used merchandise (games or otherwise) only gives you about half of what they sell if for (at the most), not just eb games.[/quote]

Yeah, have you ever been to a Pawn shop? The only time I've ever seen good deal for stores offering trade-ins are the ones that are looking to build up their small library of used games.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='PapiChullo']They definitely rip people off with used games. They buy it for about half of what they turn around and sell it for. Granted they are in the business of making money, it's still a rip off.[/quote]

any store that sells used merchandise (games or otherwise) only gives you about half of what they sell if for (at the most), not just eb games.[/quote]

Yeah, have you ever been to a Pawn shop? The only time I've ever seen good deal for stores offering trade-ins are the ones that are looking to build up their small library of used games.[/quote]

Nope, I haven't. I don't sell things. I was backing up Bahamut's statement about EB ripping people off. Of course it's the people's choice to sell it back, but it's still a rip off. And not necessarily for the seller, but the people that buy the used games. They mark them up way higher than what they bought it for.

[quote name='PapiChullo'][quote name='st0neface'][quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='PapiChullo']They definitely rip people off with used games. They buy it for about half of what they turn around and sell it for. Granted they are in the business of making money, it's still a rip off.[/quote]

Yeah, have you ever been to a Pawn shop? The only time I've ever seen good deal for stores offering trade-ins are the ones that are looking to build up their small library of used games.[/quote]

Nope, I haven't. I don't sell things. I was backing up Bahamut's statement about EB ripping people off. Of course it's the people's choice to sell it back, but it's still a rip off. And not necessarily for the seller, but the people that buy the used games. They mark them up way higher than what they bought it for.[/quote]

Welcome to the world of buisness! As a store owner myself I feel obligated to put my 2 cents into the ring. This isn't just at gamestores, this is everywhere. I hope you know the money gamestores make off trade ins are nothing compared to other places. The 30.00 silver chain you might buy only cost that store approximately 4.00-6.00.

You may find this a rip off, which is understandable, but theres a thing called overhead that all stores have. Which is Rent (a store usually runs more than 1000.00 a month, most of the time between 1500-3000) credit card % payments, Phone bills (which are double than regular home phone) utilities, any kind of debt the store is in, taxes, licenses, merchandise, etc etc. I know at my store, which sells Silver Jewelry, after all the bills pile up, I'm hardly left with any profit.

It's hard to keep a store open, when you buy an item for 50.00, the store may have only paid 25.00 for it, but you have to factor in how much of your purchase goes into keeping that store up and running.

The thing with EB games is, new games and system aren't profitable. The systems they sell new, they make nothing on, LITERALLY. Software at wholesale cost is usually between 35.00-45.00....again, they make nothing. They rely on used software sales and accessories to actually make any money to pay bills on.

Think about it, this may be a "rip-off" to you, but if the store didn't operate in a profitable way they'd have no reason to stay open. Why stay open if you can't pay bills or make money? So if you don't want to shop there, don't, but understand that when you buy a Soda from a convenience store, or you buy a new shirt from Target....that you are actually paying a higher markup than what you pay at EB Games.

[quote name='daphatty']Is it too late to say you reap what you sow? Yea that's what I thought.

:lol:[/quote]

Not only would it be too late, it would be repetative.

bread's done
Back