Developer: Compile Heart/Idea Factory
Release: May 26, 2009
Trophies: Yes

Pre-order at:

Amazon - $46.99 + free shipping
GameStop - $49.99 + free shipping with coupon code: SAVER
NewEgg - $46.99 + free shipping
Rosenqueen - $49.99

Please note that Cross Edge will not be sent out from our warehouse until 5/28/09. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Item Includes:
Cross Edge (For this preorder we will be only carrying 1,000 units)

Cross Edge - RQ Exclusive Postcard (6) (These postcard images are from the photo gallery in the game, except for one. You will not be able to see this one image anywhere else.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, good lord.. like I have enough time to go and spend on another fraking NIS Atlus Koie game..

'bout time they gave us a release date.. :)

To be honest I would be a little relieved if there wasn't anything at rosenqueen because then I wouldn't be compelled to buy it from them and have to pay shipping (plus tax; I think they do tax too..) over somewhere like, say, Amazon. I have a weakness for promo goods no matter how insignificant they are.

Dang...I knew this got pushed back, but I was hoping June/July so I'd be able to parse out my funds. Right now it's just a week after Atlus releases Devil Survivor on the DS and Devil Summoner 2 on PS2.

[quote name='Nirron']Dang...I knew this got pushed back, but I was hoping June/July so I'd be able to parse out my funds. Right now it's just a week after Atlus releases Devil Survivor on the DS and Devil Summoner 2 on PS2.[/quote]

those games are meh anyway. i would get X edge. its gonna be rare.

[quote name='jubeininja69']those games are meh anyway. i would get X edge. its gonna be rare.[/quote]

Well, I probably will end up getting X Edge anyway, but my obsession with all things collectible is going to force mt to at least get Devil Summoner, since the Raidou plush will be awesome alongside my Teddie plush.

Also, I've been hearing good things about Devil Summoner 2. The combat system is supposed to be highly improved from the first one.

[quote name='Pck21']o_O

OMG this is awesome! I just pre-ordered at Amazon. Thanks OP!
00.gif
[/quote]

My thought exactly, can't wait for this one and just placed a pre-order. Thanks op!

[quote name='newlu']Does anyone know why is this game going to be limited?[/quote]

Japanese niche crossover game published by NISA.

So lets see....

Disgaea, Ar Tonelico, Darkstalkers, and Mana Khemia are all I can recognize thus far, HMMMMM, sounds like a winner to me.

The screw up came from NISA America's "re-engineering" job of a localization when they ported Ar Tonelico 2 from Japan to the US.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im sure someone will know for sure, but I'm fairly certain this was started/completed before AR TONELICO 2 hit stores.[/quote]

I think AR Tonelico 2 was announced only a few months before Cross Edge in 2007. Official Japanese site for AR Tonelico 2 has its first news item on 04.20.2007 and it was around that time that sites like RPGFan were reporting on it. But the Cross Edge site has no news items I can find. I swear it got announced somewhere around July '07. I wouldn't be surprised if they started working on Cross Edge first.

I kept thinking that Cross Edge would be another Namco x Capcom so I had my eye on it for a while. I loved NxC's battle system, though I'm sure this has a good system as well.

Looks like the PS2 is getting less love from NIS now. Wonder what the PS2 will see for RPGs next year if any.

Yeah next year gonna have to finally get a PS3. lol.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Looks like the PS2 is getting less love from NIS now. Wonder what the PS2 will see for RPGs next year if any.

Yeah next year gonna have to finally get a PS3. lol.[/QUOTE]

Is there any reason this game cant run on ps2....With a bigger install base it would probably be wiser to release it there.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Is there any reason this game cant run on ps2....With a bigger install base it would probably be wiser to release it there.[/quote]

the game was developed originally for ps3-it doesn't make too much sense for NIS to port the thing to PS2 just for one market-as to why it was developed on ps3, it can be anybody's guess-but I'd guess that it'll have similar reasoning like how disgaea 3 was for ps3-more disc space and maybe some titles for people to buy a ps3

Game looks like a cross of Lunar, Disgaea, and FF X-2 (with the costume changing) and I'm wondering why it couldn't be done on the PS2, but I'm still going to get it. Great cast, but I haven't played any of the games the other characters are from except for Darkstalkers.

I would hold your enthusiasm. I haven't played an Idea Factory game that hasn't sucked. This looks like it could be a DS game.

[quote name='freshzen']This better not be another Chaos Wars.[/quote]

How dare you bring up the game whose name we dare not speaketh..

[quote name='reicaden']Yea, whats wrong with chaos wars? never played, but.... i mean, didnt sound that bad.[/quote]

^ That was the problem.

Wow, I hadn't even heard of this until just now. Looks like a Tales game. Hopefully they won't nickel-and-dime players on the DLC like they're doing with Disgaea 3.

I bit. I love NIS and Atlus games. I pretty much own every single one, except for the remakes (like disgaea psp/ds and Mana Khemia psp). Always quality games.

bread's done
Back