- - - - -

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

#61 freshzen   Big Mon CAGiversary!   4400 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

M16s are for girls and people that suck at shooters.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

I wonder if this means they'll be dropping the Call of Duty name for next year's installment as well.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#63 Soodmeg  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

So with IW focusing all its efforts on making Modern Warfare its own franchise I wonder how IW games will turn out.

Lets not kid ourselves the only reason WaW has done well is because of Modern Warfare. Most of the game is cloned right from MW and IW just rode the coat tails of MW to the last detail.

If IW decides that they are a completely separate franchise and refuses to gift Treyarch the plans to success..what will Treyarch do?

I think it goes without saying that the majority of people are sick of the WWII setting and most only got this beacuse it was cloned from MW and it was the newest thing out but do you think people will start skipping the Treyarch games (assuming they continue to alternate years) and stick with MW games?

If it plays out that IW no longer works with Treyarch I will be on the MW side of things. Especially if they have a decent amount of DLC to last the 2 years until a new one comes out. Treyarch proved to me they have no vision, for not only going back to WWII but not improving on a single thing that MW did. They took a game that was built for them and in some reguards took a step backwards. Treyarch is dead weight and good for IW for getting away from them.

#64 Nebenator   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

At the end of the audio presentation (in the MW2 website), I noticed that the last voice was speaking in Russian. Seems like a nice hint for a setting...

BTW: The voice said something about a "bad situation that I can't stand". I know, my Russian isn't perfect.

#65 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

Doesn't the down arrow look like the DDR down arrow logo?

Maybe with that perk you enter into a dance off with your opponent?
Posted Image

#66 _Ph03n1x_   pew! pew! CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

Doesn't the down arrow look like the DDR down arrow logo?

Maybe with that perk you enter into a dance off with your opponent?

haha nice one :]
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 kurokubushi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

kurokubushi

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:18 AM

That stupid list has been floating around since the relase of COD: WaW last year, I doubt they were in the BETA testing stage by then. I think some guy just decided to be a smart ass, I highly doubt there will be any velcies in MW2, none of the other IW games have had them.

#68 Pck21   Beware the Ides of March CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

Another day 1 buy for me.

Currently Playing:

Xbox One: Halo: MCC

PS4: COD: AW

Wii U: Super Smash Bros

#69 kurokubushi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

kurokubushi

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:50 AM

At the end of the audio presentation (in the MW2 website), I noticed that the last voice was speaking in Russian. Seems like a nice hint for a setting...

BTW: The voice said something about a "bad situation that I can't stand". I know, my Russian isn't perfect.

thres also the fact that when they are in the elevator the guy flat out says. "Remember, they're Russian". I find it intresting that if the vauge hints from the trailer are anything to go by that the russians go from being allies to the enimies. Although I remember durring the COD:4 story line when they are first mentioned they say these are the "friendly russians" I cant wait for this game, they replaced the trailer at www.modernwarfare2.com with some info about the game, and apprently it will be a sequel to MW, so hopefully it continues along the same story line.

#70 twen   Banned Banned   1410 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:09 AM

Lol portal.
Posted Image

#71 life.exe   We're done here. CAGiversary!   2536 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

thres also the fact that when they are in the elevator the guy flat out says. "Remember, they're Russian". I find it intresting that if the vauge hints from the trailer are anything to go by that the russians go from being allies to the enimies. Although I remember durring the COD:4 story line when they are first mentioned they say these are the "friendly russians" I cant wait for this game, they replaced the trailer at www.modernwarfare2.com with some info about the game, and apprently it will be a sequel to MW, so hopefully it continues along the same story line.

I think that was a given...

#72 twen   Banned Banned   1410 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

...so hopefully it continues along the same story line.

One can only hope. ;) (You weren't serious were you?) 愚かな馬鹿。
Posted Image

#73 kurokubushi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

kurokubushi

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

lol, I caught my own play on words. My view still stands though, because the video game industry uses the term Sequel rather losely, and can release a game that they call a "sequal" that only has vauge hints to plot points, or to characters in prior series. For exampple, If you play as SAS in this installment, I expect Soap to be your CO, and you an a new character.

#74 limelight022  

limelight022

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

This game will actually be worth $60.

#75 _Ph03n1x_   pew! pew! CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:15 PM

and even more detailed look at the trailer: http://forums.infini...hp?f=13&t=26085
Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 _Ph03n1x_   pew! pew! CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:02 AM

new footage: http://www.joystiq.c...e-footage-prom/

even more reason to watch the eastern conf finals
Posted ImagePosted Image

#77 LegendaryMarvel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

LegendaryMarvel

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:30 AM

very nice. I most certainly will be getting this on day one.

#78 dropbearGSH   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

dropbearGSH

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:45 AM

I don't know about the snowmobile action sequence. In fact I am not going to buy it day one now. I'll wait till day two just to show them how I feel about vehicles in my COD.

#79 life.exe   We're done here. CAGiversary!   2536 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

I don't know about the snowmobile action sequence. In fact I am not going to buy it day one now. I'll wait till day two just to show them how I feel about vehicles in my COD.

It doesnt mean it is in multiplayer. Maybe they are just a part of the single player.

#80 dimeadz   Cagtastic CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

Bringing back the gunship is a wise move. That was a fun part of COD4. That Best Buy deal makes this almost too good of a deal not to get.
Excuses are the nails in the house of failure.

#81 dropbearGSH   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

dropbearGSH

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

I was joking, definitely going to be waiting in line to buy this at midnight whether there are vehicles in mp or not. If they were going to add vehicles into the mp, I seriously doubt it would be snowmobiles.

Also, I love the avatar dimeadz.

#82 Ronin317   The Yinzer Slayer CAGiversary!   1534 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

Is it sad that I'm debating taking Nov. 10th off of work for this?
Posted Image

#83 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17508 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

http://www.gametrail...ayer/49095.html

#84 SumOG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

i will get this...veteran has always been a challenge
a mile high was a b*tch...so was WaW (towards the end)

it would be nice if they do 4 people campaign...the more the merrier

#85 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8783 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

Unless MW2 is fixed so that players can't quit out without penalty, I'll be passing. I got rid of COD4 because of cheater/glitchers and because I was tired of entering rooms only to be in there with one other person against a full team. Waste of my time, so I invested it elsewhere.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#86 zewone   Thursday CAGiversary!   43156 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

They added a penalty for quitting early?

It's been a long time since I've played the game.

#87 dastly75   Resident Squirrel CAGiversary!   3561 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

He said if they added a penalty.

I can't pass up on MW2 even if I don't think the multiplayer is the best. Had a lot of fun with COD4s single player.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 zewone   Thursday CAGiversary!   43156 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

Oh...

That's not even an issue since it has a party system and players can join mid-match.

#89 willardhaven   Thief of Life CAGiversary!   7086 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

willardhaven

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

When you leave a room in 4 you take a loss and lose your kills, isn't that a penalty?

PaulManda.png

#90 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5851 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

Unless MW2 is fixed so that players can't quit out without penalty, I'll be passing. I got rid of COD4 because of cheater/glitchers and because I was tired of entering rooms only to be in there with one other person against a full team. Waste of my time, so I invested it elsewhere.

Wow. Nitpick much?

Formerly known as slickkill77