Amazon: Punch-Out!! & The Conduit (Wii) pre-order $46.99 each

I guess Nintendo isn't doing a pre-order bonus on this one (Punch-Out!!). It doesn't really need one though.

Can't wait. Good thing I have a "fix" to tide me over until then:

SL380448.JPG

:cool:

[quote name='fairtrade']I guess Nintendo isn't doing a pre-order bonus on this one (Punch-Out!!). It doesn't really need one though.

Can't wait. Good thing I have a "fix" to tide me over until then:

SL380448.JPG

:cool:[/QUOTE]

That cab is beautiful. Did you restore it yourself?

[quote name='Scorch']Punch-Out!! will be worth every penny of that.[/quote]

The Punch Out remake looks great, but I have to disagree with your statement. There are not many games I would shell out $46 for.

[quote name='bojay1997']That cab is beautiful. Did you restore it yourself?[/quote]

Yes. It's not perfect, but it's close enough for me. Completely torn down, all new art, etc.

I kind of figured I'd get lambasted for posting that, but since I didn't...

SL380444.JPG

I like Nintendo. :lol: I used to have an R-Type as well, but it was a little too beat to restore. :cry:

46 bucks for Punch-Out!!!???? They don't even Have Mike "I'll eat your children" Tyson in this game!!! Wow I thought it was going to be 20 bucks at the most 30 if you wanted to get robbed but 46 is a prison @$$ fuck followed up by a shanking!!

I'm confused. Since when are new first party Nintendo Wii games anything less than $50? It's not a rehash and it's not a VC title. At least it isn't $50 for a title that already had sequels on N64 and/or Gamecube, or another $30 Gamecube rehash with a Wii control scheme.

I personally am looking a lot more forward to The Conduit then I am Punch-Out. I'm a total old-school gamer, but looking at the gameplay videos... meh. Too much cel-shadiness for me, and no feeling of nostalgia whatsoever.

haha! I like how you were skeptical of posting the pictures. dude that's sick don't let anyone on here talk $hit about it.
pixel.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good memories with Punch Out but I agree that I'll be waiting for this to hit (no pun intended) $20.. I don't see how there can be enough game to this to make it worth being a full price release.

That seems to be a big problem with first party Nintendo titles. Sometimes they never hit $20. My cheap ass is still waiting for a gamer-friendly price on Mario Kart Wii.

But, yeah, when it pops up as the DotD for $17 or something I will be kicking myself. Well... if/when rather.

This has me wondering. I wonder if the new PO will have any cool extra modes tossed in? Like training modes ala Wii Sports boxing. Unlockable play as your Mii or a online/versus mode would be pretty excellent as well. Free NES/SNES versions on the disc isn't going to happen due to VC so that is out. :cry:

I wonder if they'd put in characters from the arcade games or SNES game that weren't in the Nintendo version.

[quote name='fairtrade']I'm confused. Since when are new first party Nintendo Wii games anything less than $50? It's not a rehash and it's not a VC title. At least it isn't $50 for a title that already had sequels on N64 and/or Gamecube, or another $30 Gamecube rehash with a Wii control scheme.[/quote]

This reminds me of people I've seen online complaining that pay Quicktime was better than free Quicktime and damn them for not giving pay Quicktime away for free.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I wonder if they'd put in characters from the arcade games or SNES game that weren't in the Nintendo version.[/quote]

Seems unlikely considering that a majority of the old arcade title opponents were thinly veiled ethnic/racist jokes. I'd pay to see a character that looks like Mike Tyson with palette-swapped hair and skin ala Mr. Dream. :D

EDIT: But it's definitely a valid question... as yet I haven't seen one trailer that shows opponents beyond the Minor Circuit. There had better be at LEAST 2 more full circuits.

Oh and while we're at it I want to be able to play this game with a pair of DK bongos. :lol:

[quote name='fairtrade']That seems to be a big problem with first party Nintendo titles. Sometimes they never hit $20. My cheap ass is still waiting for a gamer-friendly price on Mario Kart Wii.[/quote]

I'm still waiting for a true CAG price on Double Dash. That thing is still, like, $30 used.

Bleh, as much as I love Punch-Out for NES (even play it on PSP sometimes) this sequel/remake/whatever should be $30 at most.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Bleh, as much as I love Punch-Out for NES (even play it on PSP sometimes) this sequel/remake/whatever should be $30 at most.[/quote]

Considering how many unlockables are supposedly in the game, I severely doubt that.

It ain't Punch-Out!!! unless you've got young Mike Tyson as the final opponent, sorry. Couldn't Nintendo throw a couple nickels his way to bring in vintage Tyson, I mean, the guy is broke (and broken) as hell, surely he'd do anything for a few bucks. Especially if his recent 'fights' are any indication.

Even better if you could play as him and have special secret moves - ear biting, sodomizing/rape etc.

I just hope they keep Doc's magic one hand shoulder rub in the game, LOL. That's not the part that's helping Lil Mac, though, it's where Doc's other hand is...

I don't think it's Nintendo being cheap as much as Nintendo not wanting stories of "Family friendly game console, or psychopathic rapist ear-biting training simulator? Nintendo's new boxing simulator that may not be for the whole family, story at 11..."

All this Mike Tyson stuff is just a joke, right? The guy isn't even a boxer anymore that I'm aware of. And he wasn't in Super Punch-Out!! or either arcade version.

I'm just hoping the good control scheme is left in for the retail release. During coverage of GDC on the Giant Bombcast (while talking to a bunch of developers) it got brought up how terrible this Punch Out's controls are, as an example of the Wii's broken controls, but they mentioned it plays fine in it's "classic" control mode...which made me somewhat interested in this for the first time.

Punch Out 1 remains the only boxing game I've ever liked! A good sequel would be worth $50, but I'm not risking that much :whistle2:/

From the previews I've seen the game should have control options just like the original NES Punch-Out!!.

Still I wonder why they can't make a boxing game with decent motion controls for Wii?

[quote name='fairtrade']From the previews I've seen the game should have control options just like the original NES Punch-Out!!.

Still I wonder why they can't make a boxing game with decent motion controls for Wii?[/QUOTE]

I've never played anything with decent motion controls. Even if it were possible, I wouldn't want it. I hated all those recent EA boxing games that tried to do that. I want something tha plays like Punch Out but has new characters to fight or whatever. Just a straight sequel-been waiting 20+ years basically (I didn't even like Super Punch Out when I rented it, though maybe now I would).

[quote name='Wolfpup']I've never played anything with decent motion controls. Even if it were possible, I wouldn't want it. I hated all those recent EA boxing games that tried to do that. I want something tha plays like Punch Out but has new characters to fight or whatever. Just a straight sequel-been waiting 20+ years basically (I didn't even like Super Punch Out when I rented it, though maybe now I would).[/quote]

In case you didn't know it's been confirmed you can play this without motion controls with the controller sideways, like classic Punch-Out!!

I have this pre-ordered for $41.99 since I had a $5 off coupon from Amazon, this is without a doubt my most anticipated game of the year thus far.

Thanks, yeah I did know, but not until a week or so ago. I went from -20 interest to being tentatively excited. I mean it's been over TWENTY YEARS, and the developer that made it doesn't exist-not really (I mean 20 years later even if the exact same team existed...) and it's by a second party, but even still, I'm tentatively excited!

At worst this'll be a rental I'm looking forward to, but if it's as good as the original, I"ll have a second Wii game :)

im not sure its worth the waiting for the super saver shipping to get to my door to save the ~5 bucks. This needed to be a release date delivery title for me to bite from amazon :(

bread's done
Back