XBL Deal of the Week (3/30 - 4/5) Alien Hominid HD 400 Points

I dunno, it seems like a cool game but it's SO friggin' hard I never even finished the demo. I'm fence-sitting on this one.

Though, if you get an Achievement in this game, you get to unlock the Alien in Castle Crashers!

If you own Castle Crashers and not AH yet, this would be worth the 400 points just to unlock the Alien.

[quote name='evilguy69']i never got into the demo for this game[/quote]

Me neither, don't see the attraction to this one.

[quote name='chickenboybryan']Is it better then the one on the old school xbox?[/QUOTE]It's in HD. Plus there's minigames for DLC I believe.

This game is about as difficult as they come.

i love how the deals of the week are always shitty games or dlc. Then finally they actually toss in 1 good game so we forget about the weeks of crap.

I am buying this. My guess we wont get another good deal until early May. such crap.

i remember i tried the demo when it first came out. hard as hell but it made me want to keep replaying until i could make it through. ended up having a lot of fun and beat the demo.

anyone know if the rest of the game is like the demo in difficulty or does it ramp up a lot? not sure i can handle much harder :/

I own the game for PS2 and actually beat it...eventually. How can you not like a game that lets you ride a yeti?
Def up for doing it all again in glorious HD!

I am definitely buying this come next week. I really enjoyed the demo but ended up just playing the flash game online for free. For $5 i can't pass it up.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I don't care for the game but will be getting it for the extra character in Castle Crashers.[/quote]

Is the alien that amazing for Castle Crashers? $5 seems a lot to pay for 1 character if you don't really want the game.

GOOD DEAL. great game, takes a while to master each level but once you know that particular levels quirks, it's a lot of fun to play through.

This game is indeed too hard. You really need to be on the ball and memorize the levels. I wish you could just relax in 2-player and have some fun, like Castle Crashers. Still, it's beautiful and enjoyable if you take the time to practice.

great deal. been waiting a LONG time for this game. does Live always have weekly deals like this or is it once in every long while?

[quote name='deletion']great deal. been waiting a LONG time for this game. does Live always have weekly deals like this or is it once in every long while?[/QUOTE] This appears to be a weekly thing as of a month or two ago.

I'm also still waiting for a controller that has a "turbo" button, a-la the NES Advantage.:D Games like this need that function.

Definitely will buy. Need more points, though; blew what I had left on The Pitt and Peggle.

Is it just me, or have there been few good sales on point cards lately?

[quote name='shieryda']I'm also still waiting for a controller that has a "turbo" button, a-la the NES Advantage.:D Games like this need that function.[/QUOTE]

The Madcatz FightingPads are perfect for that. They have turbo and this game doesn't require dual analog sticks, so they do help with the difficulty a bit.

Callandor it has indeed been a while since they went on sale, dang it.

[quote name='wildnuts02']i remember i tried the demo when it first came out. hard as hell but it made me want to keep replaying until i could make it through. ended up having a lot of fun and beat the demo.

anyone know if the rest of the game is like the demo in difficulty or does it ramp up a lot? not sure i can handle much harder :/[/quote]

It does get more difficult as the game goes on, but it really isn't that bad. A lot of people are complaining about how hard it is, but it doesn't even touch things like Shinobi (PS2), Ninja Gaiden (Xbox), or Contra 4 (DS). If you just spend a little time with it, you should have no problem getting through to the end.

I mean, what's the point of playing a game where you never even have to worry about dying? Grow a backbone people! This game has little to do with memorization and a lot to do with twitch reflexes.

Hells yeah! About time a GOOD deal of the week happened. Definitely cashing in my 1600 point card i got during the Watchmen BB promo to snag this up finally. then I'll have 1200 just sitting there for a while. lol

[quote name='sliknik27']I mean, what's the point of playing a game where you never even have to worry about dying? Grow a backbone people! This game has little to do with memorization and a lot to do with twitch reflexes.[/quote]
Because it's fun?

bread's done
Back