Modern Warfare 2- discussion

kurokubushi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfi6cpwrT24

Teaser Trailer has officially been released, along with a release date confimed at 11.10.09. Acording to the offical website(www.modernwarfare2.com) this will be an actual sequal to COD4:MW. Another intresting tidbit is that according to sevral discussions in the MW2 section at infinityward.com, is that this installment will not bear the title Call of Duty, and will simply be called Modern Warfare 2.

I was looking forward to the title Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. just to mess with people.

(also, check your title spelling)

I didn't get my ps3 in tile where cod4 was enticing. I will probably pick up COD4:MW2 depending on what new stuff they bring.

I'm actually looking forward to this a lot. I got into CAG CoD4 as it was winding down and I kind of miss it.

I'm guessing they dropped the CoD name so IW and Treyarch can sort of have their own, separate series, but it's unfortunate because "Modern Warfare" is one of the most generic game titles possible. It's right there along with MAG.

[quote name='Thongsy']That's for the 360 port. Not everybody goes to every forum.

I'm kinda looking forward to this. It all depends on what else is released around the same time.[/quote]

Sorry about that, I thought it was in the multiplatform forum.

All I have to say is NO MARTYRDOM. Also (I know this won't happen) give us all the maps from MW1 and the map pack in the game.

I can not wait for this game, I just hope it doesn't turn into a game like Tom Clancy Las Vegas, which seems what the trailer is giving us here. Atleast to me it is.

I will be interested in this if the fix the following things in the PS3 version:
-The party system, since too many times if you left a match, the party would not stay connected.

-Redo the invite system. Part of the time the invite wouldn't let you choose between accept or not. The invite was placed in the center of the screen forcing you to do something. Sometimes I'd accept, game was no longer in session. There should be a notification on the corner of the screen saying invite received (like most games). Also, the invites need to actually work (sometimes we sent invites and no one got it).

-Host migration is a must, so if the host disconnects, everyone isn't kicked out.

-Friends list online needs major overhaul. It sucks that it only listed some of my friends, and it also sucks it doesn't say if your friends are in the lobby, in-game, staging, etc.

Hopefully all these issues are resolved (which hurt CoD4, especially during CAG nights, which is why I was so eager to dump it. CoD: WaW still carried most of the same problems), or else I won't buy it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I will be interested in this if the fix the following things in the PS3 version:
-The party system, since too many times if you left a match, the party would not stay connected.

-Redo the invite system. Part of the time the invite wouldn't let you choose between accept or not. The invite was placed in the center of the screen forcing you to do something. Sometimes I'd accept, game was no longer in session. There should be a notification on the corner of the screen saying invite received (like most games). Also, the invites need to actually work (sometimes we sent invites and no one got it).

-Host migration is a must, so if the host disconnects, everyone isn't kicked out.

-Friends list online needs major overhaul. It sucks that it only listed some of my friends, and it also sucks it doesn't say if your friends are in the lobby, in-game, staging, etc.

Hopefully all these issues are resolved (which hurt CoD4, especially during CAG nights, which is why I was so eager to dump it. CoD: WaW still carried most of the same problems), or else I won't buy it.[/quote]

Get the 360 version. Problem solved.

[quote name='Trakan']Get the 360 version. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]I know the 360 didn't have most of these issues (I heard it once had the party system issue, but it got fixed), but I really hope IW solves many of these issues. I do feel if they continue sticking to the same online setup with the same issues on PS3, no way I should be buying it. Burnout Paradise on the other hand, the game works really well online (where invites work and so on).

Graphics and everything else on the PS3 version of CoD4 was fine IMO. But who knows, since newer features have been added since CoD4, hopefully IW takes advantage of it (like its possible to press the PS Button and send an invite now, like RE5 does).

Pretty good news for us PS3 owners. Especially considering it is the biggest game coming in 2009

As quoted from GDC 2009:
We got to talk with Todd Stevens of Infinity Ward today, and he had this to say about Modern Warfare 2.

"Modern Warfare 2 is set to release early this November, and will be on the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. The Playstation 3 is our leading platform for Modern Warfare 2. The PS3 version will run smoother and have slightly better visuals than the PC and 360 version. We've been working on Modern Warfare 2 ever since we released Call of Duty 4 back in 2007. We would like to thank everyone who is still with the Call of Duty 4 community. We will be releasing more information throughout the coming months, so be patient."

[quote name='smiggity']Pretty good news for us PS3 owners. Especially considering it is the biggest game coming in 2009

As quoted from GDC 2009:
We got to talk with Todd Stevens of Infinity Ward today, and he had this to say about Modern Warfare 2.

"Modern Warfare 2 is set to release early this November, and will be on the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. The Playstation 3 is our leading platform for Modern Warfare 2. The PS3 version will run smoother and have slightly better visuals than the PC and 360 version. We've been working on Modern Warfare 2 ever since we released Call of Duty 4 back in 2007. We would like to thank everyone who is still with the Call of Duty 4 community. We will be releasing more information throughout the coming months, so be patient."
[/QUOTE]

That quote's fake. Obviously it won't be better than the PC one. It'll probably be identical to the 360 one like CoD4 was.

I’ve been getting a lot of messages regarding a fake quote on some PS3 forum which somehow got picked up as “news” on N4G and a few other sites that love not checking facts. Basically, the quote (from a made up person named Todd Stevens) claims that PS3 is the lead platform for our next title and therefore will run smoother and look better on the PS3.
First off… we’re not talking in detail just yet on the development of MW2. However, overall, we dedicate the same development time to both consoles. Equality in dev time for all. So let’s put that to rest out of the gate.
Secondly, lol.
Seriously. A random forum guy on a PS3 exclusive forum makes up a quote saying essentially “PS3 roxors and 360 suxors” and that gets toted as news?
Typically I just ignore these types of things, especially “news” from N4G, but since I’ve been getting so many messages regarding it I figured I’d put it to sleep now and throw up the “Come on… really?” flag early. Thanks to everyone who brought it to my attention.
From here on, it’s safe to assume if a quote doesn’t come from me, then more chances than not it’s just made up. You can always keep tabs on @fourzerotwo on Twitter for real news, or this blog, or Infinityward.com.
Lastly, if you ever do hear news or rumors that sound fishy, feel free to drop me a line and let me know or ask me a question. Either via email on my contact page, or via DM on Twitter. I’m always happy to take some time and let you know whats up.

Spurce: http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2009/04/04/rumor-smash-fake-iw-quote/

Heres the debunk of the above posted rumor, I'm happy to hear that the suposedly put equal development time into both consoles this time around.

[quote name='MisterBee']All I have to say is NO MARTYRDOM. Also (I know this won't happen) give us all the maps from MW1 and the map pack in the game.[/QUOTE]

why the hate? because you can't teabag people?

in most situations, its pretty easy to play around matryrdom.

There's a new, comically brief teaser trailer out. Looks great in HD, though. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49095.html

Looks like there will be snow involved, as well as some underwater sequences. (I hope those are mercifully short... remember how fun the swimming was in MGS2?)

It's also interesting how prominently they show the guy throwing the other dude over his shoulder. I wonder if they've added some kind of judo move?

may 24th is when they show a longer hopefully with a real look at gameplay trailer, its gonna be on TNT eastern conference finals

Old details, but I didn't see them posted: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/983/983104p1.html

This video is where the people from IGN slow-down and analyze the trailer closer for minor details: http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...s/rewindtheater_spc_modernwarfare_042909.html (It doesn't really reveal anything, just if you want to waste some time.)

What I would really like to see in this 1 is at 15 kills you get a nuke, where it nukes the whole map, so everybody has 5-10 seconds to fight for cover.

And also, can you please change the thread title to "Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info"

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they're timed exclusives, so PS3 will get them eventually.

This sort of stuff is just annoying because I had already made up my mind to get the PS3 version.

What I'm wondering is... Will there be "nazi zombies" or whatever they decide to call it? I know there will be the special ops mode, but I will be pretty dissapointed in no zombies, as will a lot of friends who only play waw for that mode. I googled it and there has been talk of an alien terrorist mode... But just rumors. Haven't found any official news.

I hope that the flash grenade doesn't make you move in slow motion... that's such garbage... I mean, damn... all it should do is blind me, not slow me down... If I'm shooting, then I should be allowed to continue shooting, or if I choose to shoot while blind then I should be able to do so without being slowed down.

That would be amazing if it works well. For me a third person shooter is much easier to play with a controller than a FPS.

Don't tell me you're dropping SOCOM for this, smog? Or have you not hit that level of disgruntledness yet? :)

[quote name='MillerTime2523']What I'm wondering is... Will there be "nazi zombies" or whatever they decide to call it? I know there will be the special ops mode, but I will be pretty dissapointed in no zombies, as will a lot of friends who only play waw for that mode. I googled it and there has been talk of an alien terrorist mode... But just rumors. Haven't found any official news.[/QUOTE]
Yes! I was thinking how awesome it would be to play Nazi zombies in the infrared AC130 and just seeing thousands of zombies running across the fields. :drool:

[quote name='Thomas96']I hope that the flash grenade doesn't make you move in slow motion... that's such garbage... I mean, damn... all it should do is blind me, not slow me down... If I'm shooting, then I should be allowed to continue shooting, or if I choose to shoot while blind then I should be able to do so without being slowed down.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I agree. It looked kind of weird, too--as you watch people striding in slow motion...It makes you wonder what they were thinking adding a figment-like aspect to a game that is based on 'realistic' warfare.

Then again, the zombies in COD: WAW sort of defies that matter, really.

Bah, who cares? I'm excited. :cool:

MMmm... single-player co-op turned into spec ops mode... that's actually a good idea; no loss of single-player experience while keeping the co-op fun.
altought; I'm guessing this is the nazi-zombie replacement as well... Nazi-zombies is all I played in CoD5:WaW... thank goodness I didnt buy it, just rented.
MW2 will be pre-ordered soon enough.

[quote name='metaly']That would be amazing if it works well. For me a third person shooter is much easier to play with a controller than a FPS.

Don't tell me you're dropping SOCOM for this, smog? Or have you not hit that level of disgruntledness yet? :)[/QUOTE]

Not yet...But the DLC needs to come soon!! Also it appears 3rd person is only available in certain MP playlists. If they include 3rd person Hardcore Search & Destroy I may have to pick it up day 1 to see what all the fuss is about

The first few minutes of the single player are out there to watch, I won't spoil it, but lets just say the shit is going to hit the fan...

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I hope they fix the servers for the ps3 version, host leaving =/= end of game[/QUOTE]They are. Didn't you watch to the end of any of the trailers?

"Infinity Ward isn’t down with breaking their game’s fiction with the inclusion of otherworldly creatures or objects. It simply isn’t what Infinity Ward wants to do with this game, he said, but the studio is open to it in the future (with a different game, silly)."

That's stupid. They can't just call it terrorist invasion mode or something and have a bunch of normal people swarming at you? That's pretty lame. I for one will be picking up the map packs for CODWAW while they are on sale and a copy of the game in the very near future. How could they not add a zombie mode? It's the only reason WAW has held the interest of pretty much all my friends for so long. *sigh*

Thanks for the link though, Ronzilla.

Yeh I think we gotta face it... no zombie mode.
Perhaps I understand... Zombie mode is already on CoD5, which is a 2nd world war game... somewhat different people buy CoD5 than those who buy CoD4 and CoD4.2... I for one would never buy CoD5 if it wasnt for Zombie mode (I never bought it but I still consider it, just because of zombie mode).
If they add zombie mode to CoD4.2, people like me will never ever buy CoD5. AND by adding a zombie mode, not a single extra person in the world will buy CoD4.2... so it wouldn't be an investment.
Like people said earlier; if they made a DLC with it, then yes, they would make more money; but they would also lose credibility from people who will say "oh they said they would never make a zombie mode for Modern Warfare 2; and they got it wrong for this game, it was way more fun and "realistic" with the old WW2 weapons..."

Plus the theme really wouldnt fit. They are right when they say they dont want to break the game's fiction. I mean, what are they going to call Zombie mode? Terrorist Zombies? Lame.

Let's just count the days till we can get some nice and fresh Modern Warfare content...
12 days left!!!!

[quote name='blader16']Here's a collaboration of all the interviews & previews that G4TV did.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Thanks for the link.

Don't know if others have seen this but if not, it's pretty funny.
Check it out!------------->>>>>>>>

[youtube]8Da5KjVhutI[/youtube]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, thanks for the video post.

Also, I'm hoping they don't add any noob-friendly guns like the M16 this time around & does anybody agree with me on that the LMGs should have a cooldown where if you spray for a x amount of time, you'll have to stop for a y amount of time for the gun to cooldown? Since it's bullshit when people can spray their hears content out without ever having to stop and reload.

[quote name='blader16']Ha, thanks for the video post.

Also, I'm hoping they don't add any noob-friendly guns like the M16 this time around & does anybody agree with me on that the LMGs should have a cooldown where if you spray for a x amount of time, you'll have to stop for a y amount of time for the gun to cooldown? Since it's bullshit when people can spray their hears content out without ever having to stop and reload.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately or fortunately(depending on how you look at it ;)), the M16 is back.

Hopefully they will just fix how overpowered the M16 is.

Here's a cool site that has the weapons listed. As far as the LMG's on turrets,

I think I remember hearing Robert Bowling say that they got a lot of complaints about it

and they "fixed" it. Can't find a link though. If someone knows more, please chime in.

Wow, thanks again for that great link. Sadly, my curiosity was too much and I "HAD" to have a peek at all the goodies that are packed in MW2.:cry:

This game looks so sweet. The advanced physics w/ the Havok engine really shines -- I can't wait for the DLC that is going to pop up!

bread's done
Back