- - - - -

Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread X(Ten)

#2671 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4402 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

^^haha! I'm suprised it even printed like that! like, it wasn't 0.01 or something like the price stickers when they do put them on the book directly..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#2672 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

My stores do that all the time. FYI I still have penny guides from 3 months ago at my bestbuy.

Dead Space
Little Big Planet
Fallout 3
Probably a few others too.

#2673 Mike Toole   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Mike Toole

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, I found a couple of copies of Pikmin Wii guides yesterday. Was psyched, because now I have one to go with the game I just bought. Does anyone else use these guides? I initially got them just for the artwork and trade value, but I used the guides for Spidey: Web of Shadows and Mirror's Edge and found them really helpful. Especially Mirror's Edge, which has stages where it can take hours to work out the ideal running/fighting route otherwise.
Posted Image

#2674 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4402 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

I use the guides all the time! I always love to have the guide for each game I own. I need to get Spidey Web of Shadows now b/c I just got that in from Amazon and man, it is the best Spiderman game I've played! Buy yeah, Penny Guide Days are the best!! hope we have one soon. My list keeps on going. I'd love to snag a LBP guide, can't believe Brian9824 still has some around..that Super Book one will be mine when it drops!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#2675 Lightning War   Baller on a Budget CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Lightning War

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

Ack. I want that Fallout 3 guide, but I don't think any of the stores in my area have it.. I got the game over Christmas, plan on starting to play it soon and really would like to have a guide with me, as complex as it seems to be.

#2676 Fire_Thief   Banned Banned   2873 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Fire_Thief

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

My Gosh, I love these guides...

#2677 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   18565 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

Trolls never learn.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Game of Thrones season 2
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#2678 Mike Toole   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Mike Toole

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Ack. I want that Fallout 3 guide, but I don't think any of the stores in my area have it.. I got the game over Christmas, plan on starting to play it soon and really would like to have a guide with me, as complex as it seems to be.

The store I was in had a few dozen copies. I'll swing by later today and see if there are any left and PM you.
Posted Image

#2679 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

Man, Best Buy aren't even trying anymore.
Posted Image

LOL I've only ever seen ONE shelf tag like that at a Best Buy store and that was 3+ years ago out in Seacaucus, NJ area at a Best Buy that I found by accident when I was still being a major league hoarder of guides.

They had bundles with game/guide in the same store which included guides which had just dropped(Fiddy Cent, some others I don't remember) and I proceeded to liberate the penny guides from the bundles.

I wish my local stores would actually mark them 1 cent on the shelf instead of treating them like some big hush hush secret and denying me anymore when I try for them.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2680 jacknicklson   Has been playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
PS1

jacknicklson

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

There's a trading thread brah
Posted Image

#2681 FRAUD_WHATS_THAT   Oblivion-I'm rich glitch! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

FRAUD_WHATS_THAT

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:30 AM

A little hint about the Fallout 3, and other cross platorm titles (PC & XBOX mainly) I think I posted it before. Look in the PC section as well. I've found plenty o guides over there as well. Might not be sold out?
Posted ImageMods are like opinions, everyone has one...

Posted Image

#2682 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

I found a few copies of inFamous but they didn't want to sell one to me because they're supposed to go back to the warehouse. lol I think I'm going to try and pick it up again, but by a couple of things so that the cashier doesn't notice it's a penny.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#2683 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

I found a few copies of inFamous but they didn't want to sell one to me because they're supposed to go back to the warehouse. lol I think I'm going to try and pick it up again, but by a couple of things so that the cashier doesn't notice it's a penny.

Good luck with that. Usually once they deny a guide sale to me around here they go back to the guide section and pull the remaining guides for the same game(if there's any left). But the best had to be that messed up drop a while back, where they had 3-5 employees all scanning EVERY guide in the section to make sure they weren't pennied. It was hilarious to see that me buying 5 piddily guides caused such a rush to pull the rest.

Posted Image

#2684 loserboy   The Cubs STILL suck! CAGiversary!   1098 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

Drops at Gamestop today:
They were doing them while I was there--

The only guides I'm sure of are Terminator Salvation and King of Fighters XII, but they had just started.

#2685 loserboy   The Cubs STILL suck! CAGiversary!   1098 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

Whoops--also Transformers... forgot about that one.

#2686 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Did you by any chance skim through the second post? :razz: I ask because those dropped back in October. So apparently the GS you were at are only about 3 months behind on pulling their drops.:roll:

I wish my local GS stores would be like that anymore and allow ones I find to be bought without being mutilated(front/back cover ripped off).

Posted Image

#2687 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Grand Theft Auto V
PS4

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:42 PM

I'm not sure if this is YMMV, but at my local Gamestop there was a sign for 50% off selected guides. Surprisingly I saw Spirit Tracks (regular edition) as one of them. I didn't snag one, since I was out of money by the time I got there.

I also saw a sign for this at a GS around me on Friday. Thought about getting the FO3 GOTY reg ed guide but wanted to double check what amazon was selling it for, which is $17.81[34% off]..saving me about $3 if I get it from GS

#2688 loserboy   The Cubs STILL suck! CAGiversary!   1098 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

Did you by any chance skim through the second post? :razz: I ask because those dropped back in October. So apparently the GS you were at are only about 3 months behind on pulling their drops.:roll:

I wish my local GS stores would be like that anymore and allow ones I find to be bought without being mutilated(front/back cover ripped off).

WOW! You're right. My GS is usually good about pennying them out--and they always give me a heads up. I mean these weren't on their rack, they must have been in the back room or something. But you're right. In any case, there's a chance that there may be more that aren't on that three month old list...I'm going to pop in tomorrow.

#2689 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   455 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

WOW! You're right. My GS is usually good about pennying them out--and they always give me a heads up. I mean these weren't on their rack, they must have been in the back room or something. But you're right. In any case, there's a chance that there may be more that aren't on that three month old list...I'm going to pop in tomorrow.

Had a similar happening last weekend. A Best Buy that I go into most every week had two Fable II Hardcover guides appear out of nowhere. Grabbed 'em both (1 to keep and 1 to trade). The cashier was jealous that he missed them but let me buy them with no hassle.

#2690 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4402 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

idk about drops at BB today..I checked a few online that should be soooo old by now. They were SW:TFU, Prince of Persia, Farcry 2 - all those came up at regular full price. Then I tried Prototype, which I swear I've seen copies of, there was no link, but I don't think that means its been pennied...
Posted Image

#2691 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3520 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

WOW i could use a RE5 and Fallout 3 guide for 1 Cent! I would pay a few bucks for each even. I can only find them both for high prices still. I know why ebay is flooded with them now. If anyone gets extra guides i still got about 10 ps2/xbox1 guides i no longer need. I have not bought a 360 guide yet but i should on some games to fully do everything since i beat them already many times.

#2692 Shimrra   Hello Ladies !!! CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:11 PM

Interesting I am going to check out my BB by my job and see what the deal is on the guides if they are on sale of course.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

x5e4xj.jpgShimrra74.png

#2693 dabamus   Banned Banned   4291 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

Well, is it weird that I had a dream two nights ago about finding 3 ToV guides pennied at GS? :-P
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#2694 PapaSmerf   Central Scrutinizer CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

Well, is it weird that I had a dream two nights ago about finding 3 ToV guides pennied at GS? :-P

Did they tear the covers off before they let you have them?

#2695 dabamus   Banned Banned   4291 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

Did they tear the covers off before they let you have them?

No. It was just a very weird dream. :-P
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2696 PapaSmerf   Central Scrutinizer CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

Not a nightmare then.....;)

#2697 dabamus   Banned Banned   4291 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

Nope. I just had a bunch of weird dreams that night.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2698 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

Alright, since my newer computer decided to be decent for a bit I'm gonna be making a new thread in a couple of minutes. I may trim down the second post 'Wiki' post to 6 months of drops though, since beyond 6 months(actually more like a month or two) there's really slim to no chance that your stores will have any of the drops listed.

That is, unless your store is wayyyyy behind on pulling them.

Posted Image