Free Guinness Bar Towel!

I must say, excellent offer PDB. I however like Guiness, but it still ranks below most of the major Canadian brews (Molson XXX and Labatt's Bleue are tops on my list)

Must be 21 for the offer.......

dude, if i'm with my girl, we drink Corona, but if i'm out with the guys than i drink me some Guinness. am i only one who feels more manly when i drink this stuff?

I find Guinness to be an excellent late-nite "dessert" beer.
To me, its similar to coffee in that its thick, black, and bitter, just like Mike Mike Tyson.
:wink:

For a dark, thick beer there sure is no alc. content.

Oh well, *hugs Mac N Jacks Porter* least i live in the northwest.

Actually you need to get guiness export. Of course ATF standards won't let it be sold in the US as a "beer" or "stout", so it's you have to get it outside the states, but it'll knock you on your behind.

^ Can you confirm this BigDirty?
I find it odd that most people of the world actually LIKE low alc. content light beers. Me and my friends are actually quite beer snobish, and usually wont drink anything below 5.5% and with flavor. I think an extra $3-5 is worth better beer. Guiness was never on that list.

There are alcohol contents that the ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms) set up for what can be considered a beer in the US. Over a certain percent either by volume, content, or both, the beverage can't be sold as a beer.

You can sift through tons of government documents if you google beer +"alcohol content" +ATF

I've had the version I speak about in Toronto, and my brother-in-law had it in Jamacia. I also will advise that the texture is slighty different than the American counterpart as well.

(I found out all this concievably random data while looking up stuff on malt liquor, but it becomes relevant here as well)

Also i don't know if this new law is across the country or just in my city, but i heard that alc drinks can have as high of a % of alc content as long as they are fermented. I heard this from my buddy (who doesnt drink) who is a store manager at the best store to get beer @ in my area. Im still waiting to see this product on the shelves though.

I completed the survey for the bar towel, and a later one for some frisbee thing, and haven't received either one. Screw Guinness, I like Muphy's Irish Stout better anyways.

[quote name='danh920']Has anybody who signed up to get a towel gotten theirs yet? I'm still waiting for mine and it's been over 3 months.[/quote]

Wow, six months later I get a postcard in the mail from Guinness stating:

Thank you for requesting a Guinness bar towel. We're sorry for making you wait - we've fixed the glitch and you'll receive your ar towel within the next four weeks. Again, we offer our sincere apologies for the delay.

- Your friends at Guinness

I'm impressed, I nearly forgot all about it.

[quote name='kaw'][quote name='danh920']Has anybody who signed up to get a towel gotten theirs yet? I'm still waiting for mine and it's been over 3 months.[/quote]

Wow, six months later I get a postcard in the mail from Guinness stating:

Thank you for requesting a Guinness bar towel. We're sorry for making you wait - we've fixed the glitch and you'll receive your ar towel within the next four weeks. Again, we offer our sincere apologies for the delay.

- Your friends at Guinness

I'm impressed, I nearly forgot all about it.[/quote]

I got the same card today.

damn, im sad i missed this deal

only time i drink guiness is when i do irish car bombs.....(glass of guiness+drop a shot glass of baileys irish creme into it......then CHUG before it turns to cement)

but it still wouldve been cool to get a towel to wipe my mouth off with and to impress my fraterntiy brothers.....oh well..next time i will be on top of things!

[quote name='blackjaw']damn, im sad i missed this deal

only time i drink guiness is when i do irish car bombs.....(glass of guiness+drop a shot glass of baileys irish creme into it......then CHUG before it turns to cement)

but it still wouldve been cool to get a towel to wipe my mouth off with and to impress my fraterntiy brothers.....oh well..next time i will be on top of things![/quote]

I did a car bomb a couple of weekends ago, only mine had a shot of baileys and a shot of jamison whiskey in it. And I believe you want to drink it fast to prevent curdling.

Link is not working! it says an error has occured because content might no longer be available. Damn! I wanted my Beer Towel!

My bar towel finally came on Monday. Very nice for free! It has a picture of a traditional Guinness pint with the phrase, "Let the good times overflow" on it.

I like Murphy's better than Guiness. An Irish Car Bomb with Murphy's has to be my favorite "mixed" drink. I used to date a girl who was a bartender and she turned me on to it. Never liked Guiness or Murphy's before that.

For everyday drinking, I'll take a Bass ... or maybe Fischer ...

I did receive the Guiness frisbee. Comes all folded up in a little pouch. Pretty cool.

bread's done
Back