Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $49.97 Pre-Order

Umm...you should've noted in the title what system this if for -- which is the PS3.

This game's already out on the PC, BTW.

was supposed to be march 24th but moved to may. this is the fourth time they have rescheduled platform launch on this game. they must be having major problems converting it to platform.

^ yeah probably, which sucks. These types of games my GF likes so I like to coop w/ her. The PC game is huge, w/ some very big texture files I've seen. Wonder how good it'll look on either console.

[quote name='aznguyen316']^ yeah probably, which sucks. These types of games my GF likes so I like to coop w/ her. The PC game is huge, w/ some very big texture files I've seen. Wonder how good it'll look on either console.[/quote]

Yeah, I have a pretty stacked PC, and although I can get as high as 75 fps (1680x1050, max settings, 2xAA), it can drop down to the mid 40's in highly populated areas such as the towns and cities. I'm only mentioning this because my PC has a ton more RAM and much better GPU than either of the current HD consoles, and it still struggles to run this game at a smooth clip.

I also have a feeling that IF the 360 version doesn't require an install, then the game's streaming engine is going to make the XBox's DVD drive sound like an attack helicopter.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, I have a pretty stacked PC, and although I can get as high as 75 fps (1680x1050, max settings, 2xAA), it can drop down to the mid 40's in highly populated areas such as the towns and cities. I'm only mentioning this because my PC has a ton more RAM and much better GPU than either of the current HD consoles, and it still struggles to run this game at a smooth clip.

I also have a feeling that IF the 360 version doesn't require an install, then the game's streaming engine is going to make the XBox's DVD drive sound like an attack helicopter.[/QUOTE]

lol damn thanks for the insight on your gaming rig and this game. Def doing a full game install onto the HDD for the 360.

I so want this game, but the fact they keep pushing it, along with the low price scares me a bit. Something tells me they are having problems with the game.

[quote name='foxdvd']I so want this game, but the fact they keep pushing it, along with the low price scares me a bit. Something tells me they are having problems with the game.[/quote]

PSXExtreme.com previewed the PS3 version recently, and basically said that the graphics were a mess; and the funny thing is, I remember the development team saying that the PS3 version would be the superior of the two console ports. Yikes.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, I have a pretty stacked PC, and although I can get as high as 75 fps (1680x1050, max settings, 2xAA), it can drop down to the mid 40's in highly populated areas such as the towns and cities. I'm only mentioning this because my PC has a ton more RAM and much better GPU than either of the current HD consoles, and it still struggles to run this game at a smooth clip.

I also have a feeling that IF the 360 version doesn't require an install, then the game's streaming engine is going to make the XBox's DVD drive sound like an attack helicopter.[/quote]

Of course, your PC is also likely running a bloated Windows operating system and who knows what else :)

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Of course, your PC is also likely running a bloated Windows operating system and who knows what else :)[/QUOTE]

Regardless, even middle of the road PCs can run modern games faster, and at higher resolutions and with more detail than either XBOX360 or PS3
Bioshock and Fallout 3 are perfect examples of "HD consoles" being "sub HD" as most games are rendering ALA halo 3 style 620p or less. :(

bread's done
Back