flash mobo bios?

R1V3R5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So, I have flashed my motherboard with a utility provided by my motherboard maker. Then I flashed my DVDRW with new firmware provided by NEC. However, all these programs were designed to click and run. But this other motherboard that belongs to my friend needs an updated bios to run his cpu. I downloaded the latest bios (bin file) but I don't know how to flash it. Someone know how to flash off a floppy from boot? Is there a utility I can download to flash this? The motherboard is a Chaintech VNF3-250.

P.S. I have gone to Chaintech's site since it is their mobo but I don't see a utility, just the bios. I also see no mention of updating the bios in the manual.

Depends on who makes the bios. For example, with Award bios they use a file called awdflash.exe and you have to have the bin file in the root on the floppy. Most newer MBs allow you to flash when you're still in windows though which is so nice! Definitely check out the website a lil more. Do some more research and you should find your answer.

I have looked all over Chaintech's (crappy) site and don't see anything. And I can't get to windows so I need to boot from a floppy.

bread's done
Back