- - - - -

Target Blu-ray BOGO April 5-11

#121 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

Picked up Body of Lies and Punisher WZ and comparing WALL-E to Kung Fu Panda is like comparing vaginal sex to a cheeseburger.

#122 ケネディ (KNDY)   Japan Import Gamer CAGiversary!   1052 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ケネディ (KNDY)

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

My stores still have many copies. Went back today to see if I can get the "Eagle Eye" $10.00 off coupon, take back the two I got yesterday and see if I can get $10 credit for Tropic Thunder and see if I can get $10 credit.

Unfortunately, "Eagle Eye" didn't come with a $10 off coupon. I did utilize these for the Wal-Mart two-packs two months ago but the "Eagle Eyes" at our Target store didn't have the coupon (the one stuck on the front cover) on any of them. So, I figured maybe it's inside, so I bought "Eagle Eye" and "Kung Fu Panda"...but nada on coupon inside.

Oh, well...B1G1...can't complain.

#123 philmcfly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

The prices on Amazon dropped to match these titles just now... sigh now for a return trip to Target.

Transporter 3
Bangkok Dangerous
Kung-Fu Panda
Madagascar 2 - Escape 2 Africa
Body of Lies
Punisher - War Zone

are $14.99 on Amazon

Didn't check the other ones but those are the ones I just bought from Target... and checked on Amazon.

#124 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4378 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Why would you return them? lol

Picked up Wall-E and Punisher, and an "as-is" copy of No Reservations for my woman. It has been there FOREVER, but I got them to drop it from $21.01 to $14.78 8-)

#125 philmcfly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

I don't have to pay tax, and I get bonus points from buying stuff from Amazon with the Amazon.com Visa card. It's pretty much my incentive to always get stuff from Amazon.

I saw No Reservations the other day... that movie makes you incredibly hungry.

NINJA EDIT: I hit post, then hit edit like seconds later to edit that word and add that line. You people are too fast =Þ

#126 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14855 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

I wonder if the several copies of "The Departed" HD-DVD are still sitting on the clearance rack at one of the Target stores in my area. :rofl:

For $21... I'll pass.

Oh, and phil... don't you mean incentive? Since inventive doesn't make as much sense in the context of you're reason compared to incentive. ;)

#127 manthing   etc, etc, etc, etc, CAGiversary!   18149 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

I wonder if the several copies of "The Departed" HD-DVD are still sitting on the clearance rack at one of the Target stores in my area. :rofl:

For $21... I'll pass.

Ah, you must be referring to the Blaine Target Greatland.

#128 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14855 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Ah, you must be referring to the Blaine Target Greatland.

They have copies sitting there too? I'm refering to the Northtown location. :lol:

#129 manthing   etc, etc, etc, etc, CAGiversary!   18149 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

They have copies sitting there too? I'm refering to the Northtown location. :lol:

That's the one I was referring to. :oops:

I always get Coon Rapids and Blaine mixed up.

:lol:

#130 ケネディ (KNDY)   Japan Import Gamer CAGiversary!   1052 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ケネディ (KNDY)

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

Why would you return them? lol

Picked up Wall-E and Punisher, and an "as-is" copy of No Reservations for my woman. It has been there FOREVER, but I got them to drop it from $21.01 to $14.78 8-)

Figured if I was going to bring the receipt back to see if I can get credit, they may ask if I had the two BD's. So brought them back just in case. But none of the "Eagle Eyes" had the $10 off coupon. But again, can't complain. I used the EE coupon several times during the Wal-Mart two pack sale. So, it's all good.

#131 dash421   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

sorry a little off topic but...ive read on several forums and een amazon.com that disney has some kind of packaging problem with wall-e. some are saying this disc(s) dont work (3 dsc set) and some are saying that they get TWO DISC ONE copies (not a disc one and a disc 2). ALSO, many r saying that there is no code for the digital copy. disney has acknowleged the problem but have yet to "fix" it.

im wondering for those who bought wall-e at target, did u have this problem??? i do not want to go through this trouble so would rather wait or not buy wall-e at all. i really just bought it because of the BOGO but seein how amazon PM, i probably will just get kung fu panda there if this is a reoccurring problem with wall-e. thanks in advance for any feedback

#132 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hm, I'm srsly contemplating Transporter 3 and Punisher WZ from amazon (no tax fsss).

Also, Amazon is PM'ing almost all the Target B1G1s including Narnia Prince Caspian (2 disc), and Indiana Jones 4. I dunno why Eagle Eye isn't in there, though.

Gah.

#133 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

The prices on Amazon dropped to match these titles just now... sigh now for a return trip to Target.

Transporter 3
Bangkok Dangerous
Kung-Fu Panda
Madagascar 2 - Escape 2 Africa
Body of Lies
Punisher - War Zone

are $14.99 on Amazon

Didn't check the other ones but those are the ones I just bought from Target... and checked on Amazon.

Man, hope they do Tropic Thunder as well. I don't have any Targets near me.

#134 hellmutt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hm, I'm srsly contemplating Transporter 3 and Punisher WZ from amazon (no tax fsss).

Also, Amazon is PM'ing almost all the Target B1G1s including Narnia Prince Caspian (2 disc), and Indiana Jones 4. I dunno why Eagle Eye isn't in there, though.

Gah.

I think Amazon is still running the 'coupon match sale' for Eagle Eye and they probably don't want to get stuck with double discounts.

#135 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4378 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

I don't have to pay tax, and I get bonus points from buying stuff from Amazon with the Amazon.com Visa card. It's pretty much my incentive to always get stuff from Amazon.

I saw No Reservations the other day... that movie makes you incredibly hungry.

NINJA EDIT: I hit post, then hit edit like seconds later to edit that word and add that line. You people are too fast =Þ

I hope they are good incentives, because my $2 tax isn't worth me driving back to Target.

Support your economy and shit too, yo.

#136 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

And with Amazon matching all prices, I'm now buying a few.

Thanks Amazon!

Indy, Wall-E, etc are all matched now.

#137 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

Most are probably already aware, but just to add that the Wall-E on sale (target and amazon) is the 2 disc version. 3 disc w/digital copy is $24.99.

#138 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14855 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:31 PM

That's the one I was referring to. :oops:

I always get Coon Rapids and Blaine mixed up.

:lol:

Easy to happen given the city location Fuck up of that area around Northtown.

Northtown Mall itself (along with BBY) = Blaine
Office Depo/Dennys area with the now RIP Circuit City = Coon Rapids
Wal-Mart = Fridley

Its like they couldn't decide on what city the area should be fully so they split the area up between the three cities. I know its not a big deal to most people on this but I can't help but to think of a common phrase that the AVGN would say to this....

"What we're they thinking?"

#139 dg7md   Overall, one helluva pup CAGiversary!   1249 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

Saw Amazon was matching so I went for Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda through them, thanks for the ups on that!

I'm still giving some money to Target though, I plan to swing by and check their boxset deal again tomorrow.

#140 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

Amazon price matched all titles. See below thread for links!

#141 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

was able to get tropic thunder and transformers using 2 separate coupons for a total of 9.99. sweet.

#142 HunteR7411   Yoshi!!! CAGiversary!   449 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

HunteR7411

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

Amazon price matched all titles. See below thread for links!

I checked tropic thunder and amazon has it for $26.99
http://www.amazon.co...39142333&sr=8-1

#143 Birakon   Jack's smirking revenge CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

I picked up tropic thunder and punisher

#144 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

To the guy who lies Kung Fu Panda more than WALL-E
Posted Image
Posted Image

#145 CombatCraig   Now a Wii-60 Owner CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

CombatCraig

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well...that pretty much nailed it lol

#146 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

excellent. absolutely excellent. did you do that yourself?
for the record i like both companies.

#147 silentspork   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

silentspork

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

excellent. absolutely excellent. did you do that yourself?
for the record i like both companies.

Hah, very true.

But after finally watching Kung Fu Panda I would say that while Dreamworks isn't as consistent, they definitely can put out a film is in the same league as Pixar. I liked it every bit as much as I did Wall-E, but for different reasons.

#148 rapsodist   My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip CAGiversary!   3122 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

It seems obvious to side with Pixar over Dreamworks every time...

But I actually enjoyed Kung Fu Panda a lot! It did a superb job in transmitting both Chinese mythology and Shaw Bros. chop-socky, all with a great sense of humor. There's no real depth to the movie but it never pretends otherwise. I think it's the first Dreamworks production that I can say is truly good.

Wall-E was an impeccable silent film for its first act. (The sound design alone makes the film worth watching!) Once the humans entered the picture, however, my love for the film began to fade. I believe very much in being green, but Wall-E is the first Pixar film to feel a bit ham-fisted with its message (something I didn't even feel about Cars).

Wall-E is a good movie in spite of that feeling, but I wish its praise didn't have to come at the expense of Kung Fu Panda, which deserves commendation of its own.

#149 sam861   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   24 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

can u buy now and get the discount laterPosted Image

I don't think that's possible.

#150 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

just picked up iron man in the collectible head and another tropic thunder for 20 after coupon