Contest (CAG Foreplay #61): Win DSi Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #61, we have some DSi swag courtesy of Nintendo. We have a DSi lanyard, DSi magnets, and Animal Crossing: Wild World magnets to give away to one winner.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. A winner will be chosen at random.

Thanks again for the prize Nintendo!

Good luck everyone!

I am going to buy it for a similar reason as you ship. I want to play the ds ware games. they seam really fun

I voted no, but I may be persuaded if my shoulder buttons stop working completely on my DS Lite. They are getting really flaky.

Eventually, but I'm going to try to hold off for as long as possible. I'm not interested in DSiware or the bigger screen, but I like the buttons better than the Lite and eventually there is going to be compelling DSi only software.

A good limited edition or a price drop are going to be make it irresistible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no reason or interest in the DSiware. Its pretty bad I had a DS and never seemed to use it. I played it maybe 20 times or so before I ended up getting rid of it = (

I say nay because I would rather have the ability to play old gameboy games on my DS than having a crappy camera.

i will buy one when i get bored with my ds lite or if there is a game that makes the dsi worth buying.

I have one coming but don't know if im going to keep it. Maybe i'll rebuy it later when there's desirable titles, or once my white DS Lite crumbles to dust (unless of course the DS Lite drops to 100, in which case i'll probably just replace it with a new DS Lite)

voted no b/c removing features from the ds lite felt like a bad move for me, especially since they intend to sell gba games back to the consumer thru DLC leaving the physical copies of gba games to rot.

My DS broke earlier this year so I have been having to play the wives. When it broke I decided it only made sense to wait for the DSi before I bought a new one.

No way am I buying a DSi. Not only is it the DS equivalent of the GC games being upgraded with Wii controls, but as a UK gamer, I would get shafted by the now-typical delays and outright omissions from the other regions

Not a chance I'd buy a DSi...
1) I'm cheap
2) I would never use the features of the DSi (for the time being)
3) I actually do play GBA games on my DS.

Probably won't buy one.

Are the graphics/hadware any different than the DS Lite? Are games still going to be "Nintendo DS games? or is there going to be DSi games?

Yea, I sold my ds lite a year and a half ago, so I'm looking forward to getting the dsi. There's a lotta cool games to check out. GTA, retro game challenge, henry hatsworth, And Korg ds.

Voted yes because I'm addicted to spending money. Besides, I hate not being able to connect to the internet with my dslite due to the fact that I use WPA and I'm not willing to downgrade to WEP.

I'll probably be buying one...eventually. My DSLite works great right now.

But the allure of DSiWare and the fast, integrated browser are both appealing. Too appealing...

Nope, I'm good thanks. I still play GBA games, never used the wireless before on my DS, and a brighter screen would be wasted on me since I use the lowest setting on mine and it still burns the eyes.

I'm not going to buy a DSi. My DS Lite is working fine and I don't need a camera, I don't need my DS to be an mp3 player.

The DSware and internet access are interesting, but not enough to for me to spend the $70.

I have mine pre-ordered and picking it up sunday. I like the matte finish and hopefully DSi Ware will be cool.

I'll get a DSi once a DS game or DSi Ware comes out with a DSi exclusive feature that makes me go 'I need to try that'.

I sold my DS after getting fed up of waiting for any good games on it. Now with the DSI I can see myself getting back into the whole handheld gaming lark. ( I have chrono trigger and Chinatown wars sat here waiting for friday)

I also have a crappy work lanyard that I currently have to wear but a nice snazzy DSI one would be sure to impress my boss!

For me it really depends on the dsi ware games. I doubt they'll be that great though. I'll miss the GBA slot too. I'm sticking with my DS Lite for now, but we'll see what happens in the future. So I vote no.

I'm a sucker for any Nintendo upgrades...so I'm definitely buying one.

And I really need the Animal Crossing magnets. It would would make my sex life better.

I voted no. Mainly because well... what's the point? So you get a download service big deal. My iphone does the same as well as my wii. Two crappy cameras!!! Wow!! Yeah still not cutting it.

If there is one thing I learned from CAG it is that money is not hard to save in video games and I feel that the DSi is only here to get me to buy games that last 15 minutes and stay in the DSi forever. I will wait for the truely new hardware before I upgrade. And I voted no in the poll.

I am going to buy one. Its the perfect time to get one and hand my light down to my 6 year old. The DSi ware and SD card slot are tempting upgrades.

Not going to buy a DSi. The only reason I ended up upgrading my Phat to a Lite is because EB Games had a Trade-5-get it free deal. It seems like Nintendo is just running out of people to sell a DS to so they stuck some crap on it to get people to buy their 3rd DS.

I'm not getting the DSI. Reason for being so is when I got the DS Lite, I hardly ever played it. And I Just Recently bought the R4 for the DS, so I can play a crap load of games without changing cartrages. And the features Nintendo is Providing, doesn't really justify the cost and effert for me to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not going to get it at launch for $180 because that is too much for a handheld console that is only slightly improved from the $120-130 but once the first price drop hits then I'm getting it because of the SD card compatibility until then I am fine with my DS lite. I was also invited to this event by club nintendo but was not able to make it, it would be really nice to win some swag just to show I COULD have been there lol

I voted no, no GBA slot, it's not cheap, and the cameras. Bought hey it may drive down the price of DS lites!

I will but not right away, the only thing that would make me buy it now would be a killer app. And we all know that ain't going to happen too soon.

No GBA=no purchase for me. If I bought a DSI, then I'd have to buy a GBA SP to play my 20 GBA games if I wanted to play them. Screw that.

I already have my DSlite. I might consider getting the DSi later down the line if the camera function is added to some from of video chat. (which would be incredible)Another reason would be if my current Dslite calls it quits after three years of abuse and drops. Not by me but by the kids the sneak in and nab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back