Worst Games you bought (Console)

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
What are some of the worst games that you bought? Technicallly I did not pay for these, but I asked for them for my Birthday or some other special occasion. These are the prices I paid back when they first came out.

Decapattack 19.99 Genesis (not that bad imo)
Checkered Flag 39.99 Jaguar (Craptastic)
Kasumi Ninja 49.99 Jaguar (Nastastic)

10 Yard Fight (NES)...
Which in turn is the WORST game of all time, I dare anyone to challenge with anything other than Aquaman which I'm greatly considering...
I got Intellivision Lives for (XBox) and the whole wannabe old school number pad control system makes half the games unplayable, but it's good for about 2 minutes for a laugh...
Also Bebe's Kids, Home Improvement, and Power Moves (All SNES) as well as Pirates (PS2), Urban Yeti (GBA), and Kiss Psycho Circus (DC)...
Bad investments, REALLY bad investments... :)
Oh and that Nickelodeon Party Blast! game is pretty terrible...
As far as NES goes, there were as many bad games as there were good games, I just feel 10YF covers the horibblanity in its own capacity...
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']10 Yard Fight (NES)...
Which in turn is the WORST game of all time, I dare anyone to challenge with anything other than Aquaman which I'm greatly considering...
I got Intellivision Lives for (XBox) and the whole wannabe old school number pad control system makes half the games unplayable, but it's good for about 2 minutes for a laugh...
Also Bebe's Kids, Home Improvement, and Power Moves (All SNES) as well as Pirates (PS2), Urban Yeti (GBA), and Kiss Psycho Circus (DC)...
Bad investments, REALLY bad investments... :)
Oh and that Nickelodeon Party Blast! game is pretty terrible...
As far as NES goes, there were as many bad games as there were good games, I just feel 10YF covers the horibblanity in its own capacity...
-Goatman[/quote]

10 Yard Fight wasn't that bad when it first came out :). but some of those other games are really nasty.

this is embarassing.

i actually purchased pen pen triicelon and blue stinger on dreamcast's release date for $50 each...

i could still cry every time i think about it.

Well, technically a friend bought it for me, but out of the games I have I think Daikatana for the N64 is easily the worst.

SPorts Pad Football/Great Football

Yeah, Sega released the same game twice, one just supported sega's 'sports pad'. I have never played such a slow, busted, and downright boring football game in my life.
To make matters worse it can take nearly an hour and a half just to finish a game that starts in the fourth quarter.

Evergrace. I was desperate for an RPG at the PS2's launch. Terrible game. Luckily, I also bought Armored Core 2 on launch day, so I still had fun. :D

I think the only game I ever returned was Back to the Future for NES. I traded it in for either Metroid or Golgo-13 TSE, so I guess we can all agree it was a smart move. :)

although i was disappointed when i bought batman returns for snes (i have no idea how much it was back then), the absolute worst game i have ever purchased was tetris worlds for the gamecube for $19.99. i played it for about 20 minutes then sold it.

i've already mentioned my disgust for this game in another thread in the gamecube discussion forum, so i'll just say that rick james would give tetris worlds four thumbs down.

War Gods for me. I am ashamed to say I bought this game. I thought it was going to be a good fighter since it was from Midway. Sadly it was so bad I actually threw it in the trash

i usually research my games really well so i dont get stuck with bad games but one time i didn't and got stuck with this piece of shit game i never played twice. i dont even remember the name... it was for the n64, and the main point was to jump from 1 place to the next (no enemies or anything that i saw), just jump from start to finish. yea it was so retarded i got pissed off and threw it in a mad rage, it landed behind the couch where it rested for what had to b a year or two.

I've never really bought a bad game without knowing it....I actually enjoyed Enter The Matrix for what it was. I bought Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein for PS1, but I knew it was a bad game, so I dont' think that counts.

Worst game I bought was Survivor for PC. Pointless, boring, and annoying all wrapped up in one. GOt it for $1.99 and almost went in to demand a refund for my wasted $2 bucks.

I think I can top you all, but I didn't buy it, my parents did.
When was about 8 years old, I begged for and recieved........brace yourselves........E.T. for the Atari 2600.

The worst game I bought was Duke Nukem Land of the Babes. I don't know what I expected but it had crappy graphics, crappy control, pixelated babes and just all around suckiness. I paid full retail (about $30 for it). The only thing that kept it from being a total loss was that it had average multiplayer.

I think Ebraum won this competition though.

I actually liked all of the games I bought. I rented a lot of crappy games though...

Quest 64

EDIT: I crap nm, I remember I bought Shaq-Fu SNES) for $0.50 for a laugh. Damn I miss my $0.50.

I don't buy shitty games. Not even cheap ones. Can't bring myself to spend the money no matter how cheap it is. Only shitty games I have ever owned were gifts from someone else. They either were sold or traded away quite promptly.

A long time ago I was really excited to get Wrath of the Black Manta for NES for 50 i think, and it was horrible.

I also paid 40 for Double Dragon for C64, thinking it would be like the arcade :

I would say the worst game that I bought ever (full price or discount) had to be a little known game published by EA called "Sword of Sodan" for the Sega Genesis. It came out early the life of the Genesis around the same time as the first Madden. Desperate for a new game for my early Genesis console (since game releases were monthly in the early days of the system) I picked up this turd of a game because it looked like the arcade classic Rastan but with bigger sprites and blood! Sorry to say that when ever I see people publish there list of worst games ever they are all wrong because they have never played Sword of Sodan. This review on Gamefaqs is poetic in describing how bad this game is.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/review/R57876.html

At least I have the dubious honor of owning one of the most underated worst games of all time...

[quote name='Ebraum']I think I can top you all, but I didn't buy it, my parents did.
When was about 8 years old, I begged for and recieved........brace yourselves........E.T. for the Atari 2600.[/quote]

Hey, my brother has E.T. for the Atari 2600 too. I remember an uncle of ours got us this game for christmas. Probably bought it for real cheap too considering how bad it was. Anyway, I have to admit no matter how bad it was, I played that crappy game until I beat it (I think I was 5 or 6 years old at the time)

[quote name='Ebraum']I think I can top you all, but I didn't buy it, my parents did.
When was about 8 years old, I begged for and recieved........brace yourselves........E.T. for the Atari 2600.[/quote]

DAMN YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I got this for $2.00 at Odd-Lot and it was a ripoff! I remember there were these other games for Atari 2600....like Firequest and Waterquest, something like that, came with a comic book? Made absoloutely no sense to me whatsoever....

[quote name='punqsux']oni[/quote]

WTF? Oni is awesome. Go Konoko!

At least you didn't buy Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball for $50.

God that was stupid.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='Ebraum']I think I can top you all, but I didn't buy it, my parents did.

DAMN YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I got this for $2.00 at Odd-Lot and it was a ripoff! I remember there were these other games for Atari 2600....like Firequest and Waterquest, something like that, came with a comic book? Made absoloutely no sense to me whatsoever....[/quote]

I remeber Odd-Lot....actually it was Swordquest: Earthworld/FireWorld/Waterworld...and I have to agree witih you, it was too hard to understand what you were supposed to do in those games. The comic was nice though.

I had ET, earthworld and fireworld too. You know people say that ET was one of the worst games of all time but i disagree. Without a doubt it was one of the most hyped, most disappointing, and worst selling games of all time. But it still wasn't that bad of a game. I honestly would rather play ET than the 2600 version of pac-man.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='Ebraum']I think I can top you all, but I didn't buy it, my parents did.

DAMN YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I got this for $2.00 at Odd-Lot and it was a ripoff! I remember there were these other games for Atari 2600....like Firequest and Waterquest, something like that, came with a comic book? Made absoloutely no sense to me whatsoever....[/quote]

This game sounds so bad, im very interestd in playing it now....perhaps ill find the rom and give it a try.

When I owned it, I didn't think it was too bad. I was a youngun of course. It was very simplistic, but let's face it, all Atari games are. Whoever said that it was overhyped was correct. There were tons of crappier games for Atari IMO.

honestly, i have the rom, it doesnt suck as much as some would say. it horrible, but ive played worse, like halo (i kid but not much).

i personally dont buy bad games. i can usually find something of value in them. look at my sig, full of good games.

except gta 2 for the gbc. ugh, that was money well spent

I have not bought a bad game for my personal collection in years, it was just in my elementry school days that I was asking for x game, and ended up with something sorry :(. BTW I also had Spiderman and X-Men for the snes, while not extremely crappy, I was very very dissapointed, I did manage to finish the game which was pretty difficult.

Spideman/Xmen was difficult. I don't think I even finished it because I couldn't figure out how to beat Rhino. I was disappointed as well...Cyclops looked kind of dumb the way he kicked.

Dash Galaxy and the Alien Asylum for the NES... a close second to Sky Odessy for the PS2.

*shudders*

"Ready, hike hike hike hike hike"
cue cheesy midi music...
tackle *crowd cheers*
"Ready, hike, hike, hike, hike, hike"

I actually have a friend who is learning about american football, by playing ten yard fight on his mame/x-arcade set up...

I didn't buy it but I still felt the pain for a friend... Unreal Tournament for the PS2. It was so much fun on the PC.. how could it be such a horrible horrible port on the PS2??

E.T = walk around, fall in a hole, stick your neck out to levitate, almost get to the top, fall..repeat.

I remember when i was younger liking that Xmen SPiderman game even though it was hard.The worst game i ever bought was MK Advanced worst waste of 30 precious dollars i ever spent.The day i bought it i hadnt really looked into it and the reviews werent out yet and i was so convinced it was just like MK3.I played it for about 5 seconds quickly got my ass kicked by scropin and cryed.I coulnt return it either cause i live like an hour away from the mall so i dont get a chance to get there all that often. :oops:

bread's done
Back